Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Going down

5 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

have all the true Leicester fans left? if you forget last season id say we about the position we'd expect to be in the table we still two wins clear of the bottom, we have good run in it end of season so don't see any reason to panic at this stage I thought  Ndidi showed promising signs tonight you have to give him time to adjust to premier and he still young, but he gets in win balls

Yes, we might "expect" to be in this position but which set of fans sit there and accepts it? Villa had five successive relegation battles, do you think their fans just looked for the positives?

This season has been dreadful to watch.

The body language of the players are manager are not good, sick of bullshit excuses, and talk, luck isn't on our side, as tonight proved, not creating, not scoring, not defending, Cant pass and look like a Sunday league side the way we play, things don't look great.

They always say you never know in football, I can't see it, for me at present we look nailed on for relegation, I cannot see 3 worse sides than us

11 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

have all the true Leicester fans left? if you forget last season id say we about the position we'd expect to be in the table we still two win clear of the bottom, we have good run in it end of season so don't see any reason to panic at this stage I thought  Ndidi showed promising signs tonight you have to give him time to adjust to premier and he still young, but he gets in win balls

yes agree the realistic hopes, however most fans are disappointed at the lack of effort this season, cause it really is effort, and i think more in the training ground as they look slower and sluggish ar not only fitness but decision making, just look at drinkys passing of late... vardy also led the line last year and he seems content with his lot since payrise which i do think had an effect 

just hope we can wake up. before its too late

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yes, we might "expect" to be in this position but which set of fans sit there and accepts it? Villa had five successive relegation battles, do you think their fans just looked for the positives?

This season has been dreadful to watch.

The 2014/15 season was also dreadful to watch, before

the Great Escape started in week 30.

Were we are, right now, that is our natural habitat in the PL.

Last season was the exception from the rule.

We all should know that from experience.

i think maybe also a changing room upset may be a little to it as well,

Ulloa not wanting to be here (i can understand him) seems like a nice lad and plays with his heart although lacks cutting edge 

does score big goals when called upon

players like him are vital in tough situations and i cannot see too many players picking up the mantle and getting in the faces of the under performers for a kick up the ####

16 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

have all the true Leicester fans left? if you forget last season id say we about the position we'd expect to be in the table we still two wins clear of the bottom, we have good run in it end of season so don't see any reason to panic at this stage I thought  Ndidi showed promising signs tonight you have to give him time to adjust to premier and he still young, but he gets in win balls

Are you serious? This is where you would expect us to be? With just 3 wins all season. Even if we hadn't won the league last season and had just grown gradually and finished say 10th last year, then this year we'd be aiming for 8th realistically. People saying we should aim to be in a relegation battle is ridiculous. With the money we've spent and some of the players we have at our disposal we should not be where we are. Yes the players are massively under performing for one reason or another but we should not accept that this is where we expect to be. And Ranieri saying that our target this season was 40 points is ridiculous as well. Yes, right now I'll be delighted with 40 points, but that should not have been our aim at the start of the season. Things are massively wrong with our club and nobody seems to have the answer to sort it. Least of all Ranieri

So what do we do?

I admit, we are in real danger, so we must act now. 

We have lost the opportunity to add players in this window, so we are stuck with what we have. 

Therefore, do we change the manager in a hope that the players will respond to that change? 

I think the important thing now, is for the owners to go and meet with Claudio and the players individually and find out what is going on. 

If there is a genuine consensus from the players in their private conversations, that they have lost faith in Claudio or do not agree with his methods etc, then he has to go I am afraid.

In some ways, I hope that is the case, as it would make more sense. If they are still behind him however, then I really don't know what the problem is and how we can fix it. 

We are in a right mess and I just can't see that changing. A shit January window sums up this season so far, this Wague bloke best be ****ing good enough to shore up our defence, have a presence in central midfield, create chances, and actually look like scoring all in one, because they're the areas we need to improve on. So basically all areas of the game. Not even sure who to blame, Ranieri can't be blamed for tonight I don't think but I do reckon he is at large fault over the season so far.

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

And Ranieri saying that our target this season was 40 points is ridiculous as well.

Quite the contrary.

It shows, that he is a realist, who knew already at

the beginning of this season, that we could be in 

trouble.

I think, he was well aware of the fact, that LCFC

winning the title, had a lot to do with fortunate

circumstances, and not so much with the quality

of our team, as many here would like to believe.

24 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Are you serious? This is where you would expect us to be? With just 3 wins all season. Even if we hadn't won the league last season and had just grown gradually and finished say 10th last year, then this year we'd be aiming for 8th realistically. People saying we should aim to be in a relegation battle is ridiculous. With the money we've spent and some of the players we have at our disposal we should not be where we are. Yes the players are massively under performing for one reason or another but we should not accept that this is where we expect to be. And Ranieri saying that our target this season was 40 points is ridiculous as well. Yes, right now I'll be delighted with 40 points, but that should not have been our aim at the start of the season. Things are massively wrong with our club and nobody seems to have the answer to sort it. Least of all Ranieri

I don't know the answer, where we achieved something we never expect last season, its hard to know what to expect this season, it was never going to be a repeat of last season, winning the title has clearly effected the side but where we still in the champions league, I feel we duty bound to stick with Ranieri and the squad that won us the title. So my point is we just got to hang in there, stay in the league and the serious decisions have to be taken once the season is over.  You just have to accept this season as an oddity, what would you prefer constant  top 10, but we didn't win the title and if someone said you can have title but you'll be 17th season after, you wouldn't take it ????

My friends all think I'm a prize A bellend for thinking we'll go down, their response to the argument is "but there's worse teams"...it just proves how little football some people watch.

I do honestly ****ing hate the Premier League, I hate the teams in it, I hate the fans, I hate the pundits, I hate the referees, I hate the media coverage, I hate 606, I hate Robbie Savage, I hate 24h rolling sports news coverage and I hate the advertising....but I'd still be absolutely gutted if we're in the championship again come August. 

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Quite the contrary.

It shows, that he is a realist, who knew already at

the beginning of this season, that we could be in 

trouble.

I think, he was well aware of the fact, that LCFC

winning the title, had a lot to do with fortunate

circumstances, and not so much with the quality

of our team, as many here would like to believe.

Yes we over achieved by winning the league but why would we accept being in a relegation battle with the money we've spent?  I'm not saying we should be winning the league again, I am realistic, but do I accept losing at home to wba, away to burnley and Sunderland drawing twice with Middlesbrough? No I don't as with the players we have we should not be where we are with only 3 wins. Our form is not all down to the players although they have to accept some responsibility. Tactics, lack of fitness, lack of motivation are all the main factors all at which points to Ranieri. And I wouldn't mind as much if we were in a relegation battle and playing well like we were under Pearson but being 2nd best against teams like burnley and Middlesbrough is disgusting. There is being realistic and then there is having no ambition at all. Our target this season with the money spent and players we have should have been mid table and have a decent go in the champs league. Granted we've ticked one box but our league form is an embarrassment and I find it baffling that so many Leicester fans accept that a relegation battle is where we should be  

7 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I don't know the answer, where we achieved something we never expect last season, its hard to know what to expect this season, it was never going to be a repeat of last season, winning the title has clearly effected the side but where we still in the champions league, I feel we duty bound to stick with Ranieri and the squad that won us the title. So my point is we just got to hang in there, stay in the league and the serious decisions have to be taken once the season is over.  You just have to accept this season as an oddity, what would you prefer constant  top 10, but we didn't win the title and if someone said you can have title but you'll be 17th season after, you wouldn't take it ????

Of course I'd take it. But right now finishing 17th isn't looking likely. As I keep saying, if we were where are but playing well and fighting every game and being a little unlucky then fair enough. Yes we were unlucky with the goal tonight but were we unlucky to lose? Not at all. Burnley deserved it and that is the problem. We don't look like winning  and Claudio doesn't look like changing it round. I too would be reluctant to sack him after what he's achieved but the way things are going we will go down  

8 hours ago, crazyleicester said:

There ate shittier clubs than us in this division so I have the faith we have enough quality to turn the corner and stay up. Get a beer out of the fridge and go watch our Premier winning DVD of last season and relax. It`ll all be alright.

I agree we have the quality. Do we have the desire?

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I said before Christmas we'd be in a relegation battle. But now I think it's worse than just a battle. 

It won't be a relegation battle so much as a relegation genocide. No idea what state the club will be in once we reach summer.

Something has to change. Either the players will collectively dig within themselves and it will be overturned, either the manager calls on all his experience and gets the players confidence, desire and energy back or the owners act and replace Ranieri. Right now, it's hard to see the players or the manager sorting this out but it can happen. The latter is the easiest decision and one most owners would make. It still might not work but when you see Swansea go from being down and out to being right back in the mix it's easy to see the attraction of doing so.

Right now there are so many worrying signs and so many players underperforming. Vardy is the worst case. He's scored in 1 game out of the last 25 is it? Now that is a fcukin disgrace. He should be ashamed of himself and needs to seek genuine help. Whatever he's doing isn't good enough and if he can't improve using his own methods then he needs help somewhere as he's on the verge of being finished in football. 

Our style of football is the worst in the league, it's as if it's gone to our heads that we are most dangerous when we don't have the ball much. It's bull shit. The nucleus of this squad used to be able to play fast, intricate football with some passing moves up there with any side in this league. It is horrifying to see this completely vanish, we must have the worst passing stats the PL has seen in years. I think we're every bit as bad as most League Two teams in terms of playing football. I can only blame Ranieri for this, he has changed the way we play. These players can play football and I won't accept their lack of effort but Ranieri has caused a lot of this. Whether this is now alienating the players from him I'm not sure.

My personal opinion is to shake hands and go our separate ways. He'll forever be a legend for bringing us something we could only dream about. Sadly now it looks like he could bring us something only we could have nightmares about. There's no room for loyalty, look where that's got us with this squad. Vast money paid to these players on extended contracts, mainly for aging players and the standards have dropped. Ok, we would have been cruel not to reward them for what they did but we've made it very easy for ourselves to let things slip. Loyalty cannot be afforded to Ranieri. He'll be handsomely paid to be relieved of his duties and him and his missus can go and relax and celebrate what the man has achieved. He rewrote modern football for one season and allowed football to feel special again.

Now step aside Claudio and let us try and make a fight for our future. I'd offer Guus Hiddink £10 million to keep us up. He might well fancy it. He'd certainly not need time to adjust, he either hits the ground running or we're that fcuked it's a hopeless cause. Either way at least we've tried. Right now there's no effort, backed up by the pitiful efforts from our top chiefs in the appalling lack of recruitments this month. We missed a trick to improve, let's not miss a trick to enforce improvement in another way.

Make the change now VICHAI.

If I was watching another team play as poorly as we currently are, then I would be thinking they are nailed on for the drop.

Reminding me of Newcastle and Villa, Disinterested, no fight, can't keep possession and disruptions in the camp.

As it pains me to say it after last seasons heroics, unless drastic changes (and not necceceraly Ranieri) are made we are taking one of the 3 spots as were in Freefall.

Were losing/drawing to most of the teams that are meant to be in or around our position which isn't a good sign.

Last season as great as it was to look back on and remember, here and now we're shocking 

7 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

If I was watching another team play as poorly as we currently are, then I would be thinking they are nailed on for the drop.

Reminding me of Newcastle and Villa, Disinterested, no fight, can't keep possession and disruptions in the camp.

As it pains me to say it after last seasons heroics, unless drastic changes (and not necceceraly Ranieri) are made we are taking one of the 3 spots as were in Freefall.

Were losing/drawing to most of the teams that are meant to be in or around our position which isn't a good sign.

Last season as great as it was to look back on and remember, here and now we're shocking 

You make a good point, we look absolutely rotten at the moment and I don't see how anything can improve unless a change is made. We've been displaying the same performances since August and I see nothing to make me believe it can change between now and May.  

Archived