Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Going down

100% going down.
I've said this since November.  

As some others have pointed out, N'Didi does look good though.  The amount of balls he headed away / blocked / intercepted was promising last night.... we just need the rest of the team to start clicking now.  However, I fear it will be too little too late by the time we get our act together.  

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Our lack of activity in this window suggests the owners weren't prepared to spend.... 

Perhaps they can see that the writing is on the wall and we're going down? 

What other explanation is there? 

If that was the case then you would think they would sack Ranieri because relegation isn't an option for them. It's either Ranieri is truly happy and confident with the current squad or we missed out on transfer targets. 

we are finished. I love Ranieri always will do and despute how poor the players who performed so highly last year are performing now, they are legends to me for all time. 

But the bubble has burst, our side has nothing more to offer this league. Ranieri will bow out ebd of this season if not after humiliation vs sevilla, mahrez and kasper will leave, the others will fall back into obscurity once again. When we are playing championship football the memories of our beautiful title victory will be like that of childhood summers, a distinct but heartwarming memory.

I hope the club will learn from the mistakes that got us here. Maybe human nature got us here with the players reaching a summit of achievement and wealth they have forgotten our credo FOXES NEVER QUIT. We the fans wont quit supporting our club even if our stars have all but deserted us. 

7 minutes ago, somebum said:

When we are playing championship football the memories of our beautiful title victory will be like that of childhood summers, a distinct but heartwarming memory

Nicely put...and I'm pretty happy with that, tbh!

I just watched MOTD - Swansea are pretty impressive. I scratch them off the list of teams who could finish below us. They changed their manager and got 9 points from 12 including winning at Anfield.

After a nights sleep - I woke up thinking 'Jeez this team is awful'.

I wonder if the owners watch any other teams? 

2 hours ago, Walshie is God said:

I agree we have the quality. Do we have the desire?

That will be the test. As much as I back Claudio and think he deserves the chance to turn it around I really want him to go nuts at this bunch as they are all feeling sorry for themselves. Of course I dont know enough to know for sure he hasnt thrown a wobbly but it doesnt seem he has. Go mental at them and hopefully that shakes them up and they find that desire.

1 minute ago, Vocey said:

Imagining who would leave if we were to go down. 

Kasper

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Musa

Vardy

Slimani

maybe Fuchs?

any others?

Would it matter given the way they've performed this season?

4 minutes ago, Vocey said:

Imagining who would leave if we were to go down. 

Kasper

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Musa

Vardy

Slimani

maybe Fuchs?

any others?

You'll be lucky to find enough mugs willing to pay their wages to take them off our hands. Never mind transfer fees. 

Last seasons title win has finally sunk in now this muck is happening. I felt numb it it all and couldn't really get any perspective on what we've achieved but now I can. Now I yearn for the safeness of a Kante tackle and I stare at pictures of Ranieri will a bell. We really did it didn't we boys?

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Last seasons title win has finally sunk in now this muck is happening. I felt numb it it all and couldn't really get any perspective on what we've achieved but now I can. Now I yearn for the safeness of a Kante tackle and I stare at pictures of Ranieri will a bell. We really did it didn't we boys?

Yep! And in years to come you won't remember feeling the down of the last few months no matter what happens.

Guest CityFan 06

What makes it all the more worrying is the way that both Hull and Swansea have picked up in form recently. We lost to Hull and, Sunderland earlier in the season. Not looking promising at all because as of yet, and this has been the same case for months, we are showing no real signs of improving or turning it around. It may well take the sort of form which we had at the end of the 2014/15 season, to get ourselves to safety. 

I did the deed and placed a small wager on going down. I figure that if I have to suffer the pain of relegation a win may provide some small comfort. Unfortunately only 9/2 by the time I finished dithering.

There is still some hope that Amartey comes back from AFCON and helps to provide a bit more quality at centre back, that Ndidi lives up to the promise (hype?) and fills a hole in midfield. So many other problems though, and surely not all of them can be solved in time.

We were in much deeper crap two seasons ago and made it through and we didnt have the strength of squad back then. Yes, its horrible to see us slipping towards the bottom three as others pick up points but our lads will wake up soon enough and unleash a can of whoop ass on the prem, starting this weekend!

Seriously wouldn't mind winning the FA Cup (if we don't meet a cup favourite in QF or SF's) and trying to shock in the CL, and with the players at the least giving more determination than they have done to become a dedicated team again in the league but narrowly go down (personally think Bournemouth will slide down alongside Sunderland and Hull, though).

But instant promotion would be a must, and we'll be looking to try and sort out the problems we had in the league this season if we go down and up again.

Nevertheless, won't be approved by loyal fans who regularly pay to go up and down the country in particular to attend games.

On 01/02/2017 at 00:59, Manini said:

My friends all think I'm a prize A bellend for thinking we'll go down, their response to the argument is "but there's worse teams"...it just proves how little football some people watch.

I do honestly ****ing hate the Premier League, I hate the teams in it, I hate the fans, I hate the pundits, I hate the referees, I hate the media coverage, I hate 606, I hate Robbie Savage, I hate 24h rolling sports news coverage and I hate the advertising....but I'd still be absolutely gutted if we're in the championship again come August. 

The most anticlimactic ending since spurs 2015-2016

I have been thinking how we can turn things round.

1. Go back to what we know we can do well. 442 with wingers tracking back to form two ranks of four so we bring them on to us.

2. safety first at theback.... no clever stuff..if indoubt put it out

3. Shinji has to play first 60mins as does vardy. Grey or mahrez. . Albrighton with dd plus ndidi in the middle 

4. Out balls are wide to riyad/grey .... shinji comes short or into space  for vardy

5. If overrun in cm.... put amarty on for albrighton

6. At 60 mins.... slimani for vardy.... mahrez/grey to no 10 and musa for shinji.... this way we have pace plus a target (slimani)

7. The team must increasework to press.

8. In posession then if no easy out we should slow it down and play possession to bring them on to us

9.the team is choking coz they are now concentrating to avoid Cock ups. ... then need to play freely and naturally.... the psychologists must imprint this 

When we are doing this we can consider other idea..... but right now we need to walk before we run

Archived