Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Going down

From a betting perspective, 5/1 is clearly the wrong price to go down. We should be a fraction of those odds. People who say we're too good to go down are wrong. Palace will escape under Allardyce, Swansea are looking good too. Hull have a great manager who has organised his team well. Boro and Sunderland are on a par with us. Bouremouth probably too many points clear to get sucked in. So in all likelihood it's 3 from us, hull, boro and sunderland. We may scrape 4th from bottom but it's not a given. 6/4 is the correct price for us to go down imo.

First time now I'm actually thinking relegation is a distinct possibility. How have we let thus happen? It's a complete farce. Best opportunity in out history to establish ourselves as a Premier League team and we have completed a monumental feck up.

I see fight in other teams at the bottom,Hull and Swansea's new managers gave got them going, Sunderland have a one man goal machine in Defoe...Whuch 3 teams will finish below us on current form?

Disgraceful

13 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We need to win anout half of our remaining games. Sounds horrible like that. 

Not necessarily. Given the very low points tally of a lot of teams (with less points than games played) I expect 40 points will be more than needed to be safe.

That means 6 wins and a draw (if I'm right) get us securely safe and we may not even need that.

Thats 6 wins in 15 which is 2 wins every 5 games.

Now I'll admit we're not even managing that right now and I am concerned. We need to go on a winning run of games, need to remind ourselves we can win and get some momentum behind us. While there is a small gap between us and the middle of the pack developing a few wins and we could in theory shoot up the table.

Having said that the way the players look on the pitch right now I struggle to see where those wins will come from.

9 hours ago, filthyfox said:

We will stay up with 38 points.... We will finish higher than Derby, Forest and Villa. We will have played in last 16 champs league. We will (possibly) win the FA cup.

Yeah, it's probably a good time to let go of that dream.

Perhaps wean yourself off it slowly.

(Probably best to not watch much of today's game. Id recommend watching us take a kick off to slowly deflate you but I dont think you're ready to watch the whole game today ?)

We were relegation candidates when we lost away to Sunderland.

Everybody on this forum wanted to keep Ranieri.

We should made the change then, it could of been a great transfer window for us and we may of escaped this.

Now its panic time, games running out, other teams winning, Shocking transfer window.

I do not think we needed to endure this crap for so long, its our own fault for being too loyal.

Their is no sentiment in business.

And to think, pre season I went to the bookies and stood there thinking '50 quid on Villa to go down again, or Leicester? Needless to say at 36-1 as opposed to 500-1 I didn't think it was plausible, ha ha, they can't win the league then go down, even for Leicester, that's impossible... 

Time for some straw clutching! I'm lead to believe that the likes of Juve and Milan have won the league and then got relegated (although I suspect a Juve may have been down to brown envelopes rather than brown stains pretending to be footballers). If we do go down then surely the football gods would demand we have the same amount of success! 

We do need a manager change and we need it now. Make CR the director of former achievements and move on. Swansea and Hull have both had a big change since they sacked their failing managers. Champions do it to, Chelsea got rid last season and look where they are now. If we stick with CR till the seasons end he will leave and the new manager will have a lot of overpaid players and a hell of a lot of pressure to get promoted straight back before the parachute payment expires.

What manager would relish that prospect over now, saving the English Champions?

Archived