Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

8 hours ago, Harry96 said:

It's on sky sports 1 

Just watched it.....was actually outclassed for four rounds before finding a trademark right hand.

talk of a fight with Parker next, would be interesting.....Joshua and klitichsko have sort of the precedent now, it's time the likes of him Parker wilder haye got in the ring and faced each other.  About time someone gave luis Ortiz a shot as well. Not sure he's in the same class as any of the fighters holding the belts but he has earned his shot. 

This is ideal world obviously, wheather any of that will actually happen is a different matter,

edit: in other boxing news I'll wish Amir Khan a speedy recovery in advance.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Gavin Mcdonnell outclassed by Rey Vargas, how Ian John-Lewis scored the bout a draw god only knows.

Frequently see it at eddies events, kell brook was actually beating golovkin on the cards when the towel went in

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Khan will beat Pacquiao.

On law of averages alone he has to win a big fight eventually.  Add to the fact that Manny is way past his best and it puts Khan as the winner for me.

If you say so lol 

hats off to him if he does it but.

:unsure:

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Frequently see it at eddies events, kell brook was actually beating golovkin on the cards when the towel went in

Which shows how corrupt boxing can be. No way was he losing that fight. How he was behind in the first I'll never know. Turned Brook to jelly 

Although I was maybe biased in that opinion lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX

17 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Khan will beat Pacquiao.

On law of averages alone he has to win a big fight eventually.  Add to the fact that Manny is way past his best and it puts Khan as the winner for me.

Same, I feel Khan will for once box rather then fight.  It will be 12 rounds of boring, dance and jab and hold on, and a win by 2 or 3 rounds.  Pac man is well passed it, this will be youth>aged power

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What we reckon on Saturday night Haye to win within 3 rounds? 

I am going to the fight on Saturday doesn't look the best of undercards. I imagine they all want to try & get on the Joshua v Klitschko undercard.

Iv had Haye, 3rd 4th 5th, could even be as early as 2nd, I just don't think Bellew can handle Hayes explosive power 

21 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Khan will beat Pacquiao.

I hope your wrong tbf, but I maybe can see  Khan getting knocked out again all these brutal k0s he gets can't be no good for him!! Fingers crossed pacquiao 6th round knockout!!! Then I think brook should offer Khan a 98%/2% fight lol 

Edited by lestajigs

21 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Khan will beat Pacquiao.

Yep. But it will prove very little. Manny has been slowing down since the Margarito fight back in 2010 and that knockout he endured by Marquez would have finished most fighters off well and truly at elite level.

I'm not entirely sure it will be an exciting fight either, Khan has been saying for a while that he'll just adopt Mayweather's approach of tying Pacquiao up, even if neither fighter is punching. Could be an ugly win for Khan.

5 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What we reckon on Saturday night Haye to win within 3 rounds? 

I am going to the fight on Saturday doesn't look the best of undercards. I imagine they all want to try & get on the Joshua v Klitschko undercard.

Probably Haye by early KO.

But, and it's a big BUT/IF, if Bellew circles him and simply doesn't commit and is able to make it to the 2nd half of the fight, he has a chance for a points win or late stoppage.

Edited by Kendal Fox

23 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Khan will beat Pacquiao.

23 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If you say so lol 

hats off to him if he does it but.

:unsure:

5 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Same, I feel Khan will for once box rather then fight.  It will be 12 rounds of boring, dance and jab and hold on, and a win by 2 or 3 rounds.  Pac man is well passed it, this will be youth>aged power

Not yet ready to declare Khan as going to win, but if there was a style that suites khan, it will be manny's., Sure Manny can KO a few people but he's no brutal puncher any more either... never really was tbh

52 minutes ago, Joefox said:

I like Khan but I'm just nervous watching him knowing any shot really could put him down.

Pacquiao is still a top welterweight. He's beaten Timothy Bradley recently and Vargas.

Cant see Khan winning this. 

Finally someone who knows what they are on about.

Manny might not be as invincible as he once was but I think people are seriously over estimating glass jaw if they think he's got a good chance of winning this. Maybe if he does adopt the right tactics and has the fight of his life he could pull it off by Manny clear favourite for me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Manny might not be as invincible as he once was but I think people are seriously over estimating glass jaw if they think he's got a good chance of winning this. Maybe if he does adopt the right tactics and has the fight of his life he could pull it off by Manny clear favourite for me.

Khan can't avoid Manny for 12 rounds. His output has decreased from a few years back but he'll still bring too much pressure for Khan. And he can still punch. I think he put Bradley down if I remember.

26 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Khan is a sod for clinching and tying up opponents if he is the bigger man, which he is here. I'm one of the few that believes Manny wasn't physically 100% vs Mayweather, but at the same time, it was worrying the way he seemed unable to get out of Floyd's clinching tactics.

Manny has the much better legacy and is by far the more talented of the two, but Khan has such an advantage in age and height/reach that I think he might grind out a bit of a spoiler-type win. He's also undefeated vs southpaws which is another worry for Pacquiao fans.

11 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Khan is a sod for clinching and tying up opponents if he is the bigger man, which he is here. I'm one of the few that believes Manny wasn't physically 100% vs Mayweather, but at the same time, it was worrying the way he seemed unable to get out of Floyd's clinching tactics.

Manny has the much better legacy and is by far the more talented of the two, but Khan has such an advantage in age and height/reach that I think he might grind out a bit of a spoiler-type win. He's also undefeated vs southpaws which is another worry for Pacquiao fans.

I just don't think he's good enough, does not belong in the ring with fighters of that level, why every time he tries it he gets hurt. I think the age thing is being made out to be a much more important factor than it actually is, He's 38, that makes you old in football, in boxing not so much especially if you've had a bit of time off, he's looked excellent since he's come back.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I just don't think he's good enough, does not belong in the ring with fighters of that level, why every time he tries it he gets hurt. I think the age thing is being made out to be a much more important factor than it actually is, He's 38, that makes you old in football, in boxing not so much especially if you've had a bit of time off, he's looked excellent since he's come back.

Oh I agree with you about Khan failing in his highest profile fights. And I agree that boxers tend to go on at peak level much longer than footballers. But Manny has had almost 70 fights and has actually fought for more than half the time he has been alive! Turned pro at 16 and is now 38, which is phenomenal really. But the thing is, that's when you can literally  grow old in the ring.

I'll agree though, if age hasn't caught up to him enough Khan is going to be in trouble.