Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

FAO Anyone heavily involved with UFS.

Is there a possibility of having one of those giant banners that gets lifted from the top of the stand (where the lights are) to cover the Kop?

Always think it looks truly stunning but has the question been asked? I imagine it'd be of significant cost to the group but I think we could all get behind the idea with donations.

Do the club allow you regular access to the stadium to make the banners etc then?

Yeah they'd pretty much let us in to make these things when ever we wanted.

Is there a possibility of having one of those giant banners that gets lifted from the top of the stand (where the lights are) to cover the Kop?

Always think it looks truly stunning but has the question been asked? I imagine it'd be of significant cost to the group but I think we could all get behind the idea with donations.

It's been talked about.

The next logical step really, a mural lifted up with a foil/card simply behind would look incredible and put anything done by any other group in the UK to shame. 

The FOXES tifo last weekend I thought looked excellent. Simple - but very effective.

I honestly think it shows the club is listening and trying very hard to give the fans what they ask for (within reason, obviously)

Yes and no, was ok, but a bit basic, if they are going to now insist on doing their own, why do they not just offer to fund UFS for a certain number of games and let them crack on with the designs, without having to fund it themselves, that would be a worthwhile guesture. IMO.

The FOXES tifo last weekend I thought looked excellent. Simple - but very effective.

I honestly think it shows the club is listening and trying very hard to give the fans what they ask for (within reason, obviously)

There is clearly an effort to listen to fans, after the reaction to #fearless flag they got the fans to design their own, it is so refreshing to have the club working with the fans instead of against them, which is why I really don't want any retaliation to the Palace fans to do anything to spoil that relationship with the club.

Yes and no, was ok, but a bit basic, if they are going to now insist on doing their own, why do they not just offer to fund UFS for a certain number of games and let them crack on with the designs, without having to fund it themselves, that would be a worthwhile guesture. IMO.

They could do, but they have the resources to get a tifo designed and displayed much quicker than UFS, and can probably decide to do it on Wednesday and have it in place on Saturday which UFS can't.

Maybe in the future they will but I think they would be wary of handing over money to a relatively new fans group.

They could do, but they have the resources to get a tifo designed and displayed much quicker than UFS, and can probably decide to do it on Wednesday and have it in place on Saturday which UFS can't.

Maybe in the future they will but I think they would be wary of handing over money to a relatively new fans group.

They don't have to hand it over, they could pick 6 games for example, ask UFS to come up with a design, or ask the fans again, and then order it themselves if they wanted or allow UFS to order it and just pay.

Hardly like the money is gonna go missing is it. It's a few hundred quid and the guys in UFS have had dialogue with the club and have season tickets, don't think they are likely to rip the club off, hardly make good press would it.

Do you not think it would lose some of the meaning if the club funded UFS tifos?

The reason why I love doing them is because it's the fans that have done them!

I guess it is different for  those that organise it, for most  fans it is a tifo whether it is organised by  UFS or the club, except for the design.

How many fans know that it was UFS that spent time and money on the ones they have done and not the club?

If it wasn't for being a member on here I wouldn't  have known the difference between the club funded ones and the fan funded ones.

Do you not think it would lose some of the meaning if the club funded UFS tifos?

The reason why I love doing them is because it's the fans that have done them!

Yes for those involved I understand why you have done what you have, I'm just suggesting that if the club have now taken what was a UFS idea and decided to run with it, then maybe there is a way you could work in partnership on just this one thing, afterall, we all complain football is expensive enough as it is, tickets, travel, beer all adds up.

Was just thinking it would save having to fund raise/ stick hands in your own pockets for something the club clearly now see as a good idea.

Guest CityFan 06

Certainly believe this season the club have done well in terms of improvement on matchdays, I.e the giant flag, tifo display's etc so fair play to them. There are still a few changes I would make personally but the club are doing alright and heading in the right direction.

I don't see it as a bad thing if the club were to help, provided they didn't try and take ownership/dictate.

We could get some truly stunning tifos with a bit of extra cash.

We could get some truly stunning tifos done with just a £1 donation from every fan in the ground. :thumbup:

We could get some truly stunning tifos done with just a £1 donation from every fan in the ground. :thumbup:

Do you think the club would allow Union FS members to do a bucket-style collection before games to help fund their displays? As you've mentioned, it wouldn't take many people chucking spare-change into the bucket for it to add up and allow for some awesome displays. Not everyone is going to sign up to an internet crowd-funding / donation page just to give £1. Some people either can't or don't want to. I'm sure plenty of people but drop a couple of quid into a bucket on their gate before going into the game? 

As long as everyone was happy to trust that the money was genuinely going towards the displays then surely this would be a good idea?

Well yeah that's stating the obvious. 27k would do about most home games.

But that isn't gonna happen.

Could do if there was an easy way for those 27k to put a quid in without having to sign up / donate online. 

I'm not sure there's many people who go to the game that, having seen the great work so far would be hard pushed to stick a quid in a bucket, right? 

Could do if there was an easy way for those 27k to put a quid in without having to sign up / donate online.

I'm not sure there's many people who go to the game that, having seen the great work so far would be hard pushed to stick a quid in a bucket, right?

A method they could use if they asked the club is to have a tick box option when you buy a ticket to donate £1 to UFS?