Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

"Tifare," like "tifoso," "tifo," etc., is derived from the Italian word tifo, which means "typhus." The word "tifoso" (originally "typhoid patient") to refer to a dedicated fan comes from a figure of speech that his support consumes him so much, that it's like he has a disease. And from there, the words "tifare" and "tifo" came.

And yes, I find it awfully pretentious when the word is used as a loanword in English, especially when one is really just talking about one small banner.

The irony here is brilliant. You are right of course but talking about pretentiousness and explaining where the word tifo comes from is pretty spectacular - no offence! :D

Whilst we're on the subject I think choreography is a more apt word but tifo seems to have taken off.

The irony here is brilliant. You are right of course but talking about pretentiousness and explaining where the word tifo comes from is pretty spectacular - no offence! :D

Whilst we're on the subject I think choreography is a more apt word but tifo seems to have taken off.

What's so pretentious about talking about the etymology of a word if I know when someone else brought it up, and when I know what I'm talking about?

Pretentiousness is calling a small banner that says thanks "a tifo" and talking about whether someone is "tifo worthy."

It's not the word I was teasing him about--it's the poseur attitude.

Edited by Jordan

What's so pretentious about talking about the etymology of a word if I know when someone else brought it up, and when I know what I'm talking about?

Pretentiousness is calling a small banner that says thanks "a tifo" and talking about whether someone is "tifo worthy."

It's not the word I was teasing him about--it's the poseur attitude.

So what's wrong with me saying it would be a dull display then? Shall we all be robots and act the same way, like the same things and all that bollocks?

If you feel so strongly about having a choreography thanking our owners why don't you get involved with the group and state your opinion.

Or raise funnds and put it on yourself. Please don't have a go at me with your pretentious crap because you haven't a clue mate.

• 1 month later...

we should have a giant GTF face munching a chicken balti pie like pacman. it could move along the kop and then gobble up the pie. it would be a great thank you to the owners.

Or have four different ones creating the story of our season. The first is Tom Hopper with his legs behind his head grinning.

• 1 month later...

Union FS@UFS2013 50m50 minutes ago

Swansea may be 6 weeks and 3 home games away but preparations under way... PayPal: [email protected]

More

Swansea then :scarf:

@@dean023 how about some of your funds go towards this ?

That would give a huge amount of fans the chance to show appreciation ?

You have raised over £2000 and I believe the gift is about half that , maybe the foundation and Union FS could split the balance

We could try cover the Kop and the east stand ?

Just and idea

https://www.gofundme.com/lcfcgift

@unionFs

Edited by dropofclaridge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...