Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Season tickets sold out

Our owners have long term aambitions beyond floating around 12th position.

We'll get an expansion and average around 37k I imagine

I'll be amazed. Hope you're right but I really can't see it happening. That would put us ahead of Villa, West Ham and Spurs. Just don't think we'll ever be that big.

One observation that I've noticed over the last ten years is the growing number of Leicester's Asian community attending games.

This has been fantastic and if this continues, we would be adding a significant number to our fanbase.

40k is very realistic.

Nope - sorry. That puts us up with Everton, Chelsea and Sunderland. We ain't that big!!! 

I'll be amazed. Hope you're right but I really can't see it happening. That would put us ahead of Villa, West Ham and Spurs. Just don't think we'll ever be that big.

Spurs will be in a 60k venue soon and West hams average is going to be in the 40ks in two years time.

Villa are at an all time slump, it will improve.

Football is getting bigger and Leicester is a an above average sized city.

Thinking it's very likely that the stand will come down next season and it's quite frankly UNACCEPTABLE that the stand hasn't been fixed. I've got a source within the club who says everyone is concerned about it except for the Thais, who do not think infrastructure is something to bankroll. WELL I'LL TELL YOU THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, it's time that we the fans, started to protest and show the board THAT WE WILL NOT DIE.

lol

Chelsea will also be going up to 60k soon and Sunderland hold 48k so it wouldn't.

Everton also require a bigger ground

Maybe so, but still none of that means 40k is realistic for us as you've stated. Is this 30% increase in our attendances just going to come from the Asian community and because 'football is getting bigger'? Just curious...

Maybe so, but still none of that means 40k is realistic for us as you've stated. Is this 30% increase in our attendances just going to come from the Asian community and because 'football is getting bigger'? Just curious...

No, I meant a 40k stadium, but average probably less as I said before.

We've had two seasons in the premier league at the KP, we've averaged over 31k each time.

This club in a city the size of Leicester with sustained relative success can get 36/37k average imo.

The original Bede island plans were for a 40k stadium, the research behind building a new ground obviously thought there is a need long term

No, I meant a 40k stadium, but average probably less as I said before.

We've had two seasons in the premier league at the KP, we've averaged over 31k each time.

This club in a city the size of Leicester with sustained relative success can get 36/37k average imo.

The original Bede island plans were for a 40k stadium, the research behind building a new ground obviously thought there is a need long term

O.K, hope you're right! Just think maybe we've 'maxed out' and are as big as we'll ever be.

I'd be delighted if we could average 37k in the PL - just not sure I'll see it in my lifetime.

No doubt we've got the catchment area and Leicester is the 10th biggest City in England I think.

Do people who really really want to go and have looked at every avenue really struggle to get a ticket?

I kept my season ticket while living in Italy for 4 months and sold my ticket either on here or to mates about 7/8 times this season and on more than one occasion people who were originally desperate to go let me down.

Even the QPR match which was sold out weeks before the match extra tickets were released about a week before.

I presume extra tickets were released because QPR only brought around 1,500 fans, so we released the rest of their allocation to our own fans.

I'd give it a couple more seasons before thinking about expanding. If we're finish around 10-12th and still selling out then it may be worth considering. We do have a huge, relatively untapped Asian market to work in to - if we're successful (and by that I mean trophies and not just a mid-table outfit) then I can see more and more coming. 

I remember Filbert Street being sold out when it had a 42,000 capacity.

There's plenty of people around Leicester who would love to come to a match who maybe decide suddenly on a Saturday morning that they fancy it but don't bother because there will not be any tickets available on the day or they find out that it is too expensive.

I never used to get tickets, I just paid cash at the turnstiles.

They should increase the KP to 45-50,000 and reduce the ticket price by either £5 or £10 and let people turn up on spec and pay on the day.

They'll get loads more people then.

You'll be amazed at the numbers of people who visit the UK and want to watch a premier league game While they're here.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are known for being difficult to get tickets, Palace too with a small ground.

Obviously it's no reason to expand, but being just an hour train from London I'd imagine we would get some tourists on spec too.

When I first started supporting the City, 40k gates weren't unusual, but that was 50 years ago. As we currently have at least 700k in our catchment area, increasing the capacity seems logical, but social patterns have changed unrecognisably.

With so many other distractions these days, so many fair weather fans who get the hump immediately if City do a misplaced pass, I think increasing the stadium capacity is a mistake. We have only in reality sold out twice this season, although I accept that this may be the away allocation not taken in full. Many current so called fans don't need much excuse to give the City a miss.

We are only just getting a consistent decent atmosphere at the stadium. Personally think a couple more thousand would be acceptable, but another 8-10k capacity would perhaps leave us like Newcastle loads of empty seats most games. Looking at the maths, 8000 extra at say £40 per head = £320000 x 19 games = say £6m. Worth having, but minimal impact compared to the TV money expected. People talk about revenue, but the main cash generator is currently SKY.

If we are still in me prem in say five years and have a proven consistent home following, have another look at the proposed increase. For now, leave it.

I remember Filbert Street being sold out when it had a 42,000 capacity.

There's plenty of people around Leicester who would love to come to a match who maybe decide suddenly on a Saturday morning that they fancy it but don't bother because there will not be any tickets available on the day or they find out that it is too expensive.

I never used to get tickets, I just paid cash at the turnstiles.

They should increase the KP to 45-50,000 and reduce the ticket price by either £5 or £10 and let people turn up on spec and pay on the day.

They'll get loads more people then.

But what would be the point in reducing prices?

Say we build 20k seats and charge £40. That's 800k a game or just over £14m a season. Charge £30 and you're losing nearly 4 million a season in gate receipts. That's the equivalent approx 5 games revenue or 100,000 people not attending.

You need full stadiums and demand on tickets to drive up interest and maintain high prices.

You'll be amazed at the numbers of people who visit the UK and want to watch a premier league game While they're here.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are known for being difficult to get tickets, Palace too with a small ground.

Obviously it's no reason to expand, but being just an hour train from London I'd imagine we would get some tourists on spec too.

I'd rather we had lower attendance figures than have tourists boost it up. I couldn't cheer a big crowd if I knew part of it wasn't ours.

A modest extension to the Kop end would make most sense to me. Would add character to the ground, there is space behind that end for an overhang, it could be started around March one year to be ready about six months later. Add between 2k-3k to the capacity would be perfect

A modest extension to the Kop end would make most sense to me. Would add character to the ground, there is space behind that end for an overhang, it could be started around March one year to be ready about six months later. Add between 2k-3k to the capacity would be perfect

A modest extension? What would you like to add a conservatory? 

Why would the club disrupt the stadium in the middle of the season to add 2k to a stand. Go back to sleep.

If we are to expand we should do it on all 3 sides. It will look stupid if its just one. Got to add maybe 12k seats to make it worthwhile.

Let's just worry about being a successful club first, eh? Demand for season tickets will definitely drop if we are languishing in the bottom half of the table for the next few years.

There's a little something called safe standing that could both increase the capacity and bring ticket prices down without having to add another tier, just strengthening (which they are already doing for concerts) and reconfiguring a stand.

Shame that with the election result safe standing is a mile off.

I'd  presume that extending the East Stand would give them the opportunity  to create more conference type facilities that could add to their non football earnings.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a little bit,

Without trying to sound pessimistic we are one bad season off playing Rotherham in front of 23,000 again. Lets stabilise in PL first and see where we are with regards to tickets.

However also everything is still new and exciting for a lot of fans but if we do become established again in PL it'll go the other way and people may get bored with mid-table obscurity.

I have no doubt on a good day we can sell out 40,000-45,000 but then again so can Aston Villa/Man City who have the space but how many times does it happen? It ruins the atmosphere at there grounds having 10-7k spare seats at most games

Nothing worse than big patches of empty seats. Guaranteed if we were to go up to 40k. There's usually a few patches even now, and this was our first season in the prem for a decade. 

See where we are in a few years but I bet we're still not selling out week in week out even then.

I park in the KP car park behind the East Stand. Before the Man Utd game I arrived early to meet a mate before going for a beer. Whilst sitting in the car, who should come strolling around the corner but Vichai, Top, Susan Whelan, and a couple of 'suits'. They walked around to the back of the East Stand and spent around 10 minutes, with much pointing at the structure, before heading back around towards the West stand. Further to this, the club are yet to let the current contract holders for Car Parking at the KP whether they can renew for next season as 'they've not decided what they're going to do with it yet'. 2+2=5? Or they are seriously thinking about what needs doing, and have been for some time.  suppose if/when we see a planning application we'll know.

I park in the KP car park behind the East Stand. Before the Man Utd game I arrived early to meet a mate before going for a beer. Whilst sitting in the car, who should come strolling around the corner but Vichai, Top, Susan Whelan, and a couple of 'suits'. They walked around to the back of the East Stand and spent around 10 minutes, with much pointing at the structure, before heading back around towards the West stand. Further to this, the club are yet to let the current contract holders for Car Parking at the KP whether they can renew for next season as 'they've not decided what they're going to do with it yet'. 2+2=5? Or they are seriously thinking about what needs doing, and have been for some time.  suppose if/when we see a planning application we'll know.

More likely they were pointing at it saying "bet this falls down first!"

Archived