Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Season tickets sold out

I agree BTS

We have far too many fans who seem limited in their ambitions for us

We aren't the biggest club in the world but we arent the smallest either, the noise generated with 31000 has been great at key points in the season. Imagine that noise with 34-35 or even 36000 plus

Such a modest increase in capacity isn't financially viable, if you're going to disrupt the ground you may as well add a considerable number rather than just 4k. We'd need a waiting list of a few thousand (not the current few hundred) before we looked at extending.

As DavieG has posted, any increase will have to see an increase in corporate boxes and seating as that is where the real money is. Liverpool are extending because they don't have the corporate facilities, likewise Spurs. 'Customers' these days (after all that is what we are) want a pleasant experience if they are going to shell out (those of us who have been going for ages are a bit less decerning) so any extension will be heavily titled towards comercial sales and generating match day income, people who want cheaper pricing aren't much use to you as they're unlikely to spend much at the ground (if you don't want to spend £35-40 on a ticket you wont be spending £6+ on a pie and a pint), corporate boxes, 'premier club' suites and the like is what you want. Charge £15 more per match and give them a 'free' programme (£3 retail, £1cost) and a cup of tea at half time (£1.50 retail, 20p cost) and a cash bar and your off to an absolute flyer.

Safe standing, from a cynical viewpoint will be brilliant for clubs, they can shift folks occupying prime seats to less desirable spots and then charge more for the vacant seats. Those 'safely standing' will generate a nice atmosphere for those expensively sitting making the match day experience more of a sales pitch.

But would the extra 4000-5000 want to make noise? Or would they just sit there like a vast majority have done all season bar the last 7 games.

Well 2 things buddy

One is there was **** all to cheer most of that part of the season but yet when it came to the crunch so did our players fans atmosphere and everything

Point 2 is yes I personally believe most of the extra fans would want to join in

I agree BTS

We have far too many fans who seem limited in their ambitions for us

We aren't the biggest club in the world but we arent the smallest either, the noise generated with 31000 has been great at key points in the season. Imagine that noise with 34-35 or even 36000 plus

Trouble is:

1) the lag in time between saying "go for it" and the improvements being ready

2)  the uncertainty about which division we would be in

3) the actual cost benefit of additional seat sales

If they decided to add 6,000 seats today, then the earliest they would be ready would be for the start of the 2016/17 season and there would likely be a reduction in capacity for at least part of a season whilst the work was completed. By the time they are ready, we could be relegated (hopefully not)

Even if you sold all 6000 seats for £400, that's still only £ 2.4m per season which compared to the increase in TV revenue is relatively small beer. For comparison, the adding of 8,000 or so seats to the Cardiff City stadium cost £12M, and look where they ended up.

They could make over £1M extra per season by sticking £50 on existing STH, without the investment in ground improvements and risk attached.

Trouble is:

1) the lag in time between saying "go for it" and the improvements being ready

2) the uncertainty about which division we would be in

3) the actual cost benefit of additional seat sales

If they decided to add 6,000 seats today, then the earliest they would be ready would be for the start of the 2016/17 season and there would likely be a reduction in capacity for at least part of a season whilst the work was completed. By the time they are ready, we could be relegated (hopefully not)

Even if you sold all 6000 seats for £400, that's still only £ 2.4m per season which compared to the increase in TV revenue is relatively small beer. For comparison, the adding of 8,000 or so seats to the Cardiff City stadium cost £12M, and look where they ended up.

They could make over £1M extra per season by sticking £50 on existing STH, without the investment in ground improvements and risk attached.

I can see the sense in your post Stripey but honestly I just can't see why more people aren't generally excited by the prospect of an increased average attendance and the potential atmosphere it would create. Also surely more potential players would prefer the kudos of playing in front of larger crowds etc?

I can see the sense in your post Stripey but honestly I just can't see why more people aren't generally excited by the prospect of an increased average attendance and the potential atmosphere it would create. Also surely more potential players would prefer the kudos of playing in front of larger crowds etc?

Believe me, I would love a larger capacity, and I would love a better looking aspect to the East Stand. I'm not saying I'M against it. I would love it. I suppose I'm just looking at the cold hard economics.

Believe me, I would love a larger capacity, and I would love a better looking aspect to the East Stand. I'm not saying I'M against it. I would love it. I suppose I'm just looking at the cold hard economics.

Yep fair play to your

:fc: it becomes more financially viable ASAP

Does anyone know when the loyalty points should update?

Although my account has updated to show my 15/16 season ticket, my loyalty points are still the same and do not included this season ST or any of last season away games,

Not that it matters much at the minute but thought I'd check it was the same for everyone else

Although my account has updated to show my 15/16 season ticket, my loyalty points are still the same and do not included this season ST or any of last season away games,

Not that it matters much at the minute but thought I'd check it was the same for everyone else

I'm sure my loyalty points are up to date with my season ticket renewal and the last few away games so you might want to query this with the ticket office

Same here, I assumed as I was paying by DD it would be when the first payment went out, apparently not.

Not overly concerned though.

I'm sure my loyalty points are up to date with my season ticket renewal and the last few away games so you might want to query this with the ticket office

Mine aren't up to date, Burnley, Sunderland away still not been added.

Not that 2 points matters much in the grand scheme of things.

Mine aren't up to date, Burnley, Sunderland away still not been added.

Not that 2 points matters much in the grand scheme of things.

But have they updated for the 15/16 ST (assuming you have one)?

As I say its not a big deal at the minute but in 4/5 weeks or so I imagine the first ticket details will be released so would rather know if there was a problem now rather than then!

There just aren't any plasic season ticket holders at Man United.

You joke right?

I know one who used to follow the city round the country when oneil was manager. When Taylor came in and we were rubbish he stopped coming with us. A couple of months later I see him wearing a scum shirt. The icing on the cake was when we lost a game and he sang 'your sh*t and you know you are'. Now he's 'united through and through'. That's just one example. I can give you many more. They are the most plastic fans in the country.

You joke right?

I know one who used to follow the city round the country when oneil was manager. When Taylor came in and we were rubbish he stopped coming with us. A couple of months later I see him wearing a scum shirt. The icing on the cake was when we lost a game and he sang 'your sh*t and you know you are'. Now he's 'united through and through'. That's just one example. I can give you many more. They are the most plastic fans in the country.

Thats the worse type of football 'supporter' can't think of anything worse. 

Archived