Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Season tickets sold out

Unfortunately it's just Vossen never quit. He's lied to you: Vos is the dutch for fox and vossen is multiple foxes.

Disgraceful I know.

And I really thought this guy knew what he was talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did we sell out every single game this season and the only reason for the slight differences in attendances were due to away fans?  If thats the case then thats a strong case for an expansion right there.  I know a few who wanted to go to some of the games but just couldn't get a ticket.  You could add 2-3000 on to our ground I think and it will still be a full house in the prem.

At the moment, but attendances will drop off once the premier league novelty drops off. 5/10 years scratching around mid table with the odd relegation scrap does that to teams.

Stay up next season and the cash influx from the year after would be able to pay for an increase easily. Couldn't happen this year due to the rugby anyway.

None of us actually know if ST sales will drop the longer we're in the Prem.

You'd like to think not, but as the novelty wears off and the prices inevitably increase I can see it happening.

The owners will want to have 1 or 2 more seasons of sellouts before they invest in a new tier on the East Stand.

Part of me would love it, as it'll make the ground more interesting, and certainly more impressive.

If we maintain our Premiership status for the next few years and become a mid table side the demand for Season Tickets will soon drop. 

Agreed.

Having said that you'd still expect us to be getting 30,000 or at least very close for most games. Expanding to 40,000 would perhaps be extravagant but certainly 35,000 should not be dismissed. But there is no rush.

More than expanding the stadium needs a huge revamp. Big clubs should have unique stadiums not identikit ones.I wouldn't be bothered if it never expanded as long as we had a ground that was more unique and nice to look at.

The Kop needs a separate roof to truly be a Kop some of the stands must be different.

Look forward and progress, strike while the iron is hot and expand while there is demand for it. With the ambitious plans the owners have got for our future a larger stadium and support will help move us up a tier in the football hierarchy, and allows us to pull in more supporters from surrounding areas. We left it too late in moving from Filbert Street, the good times were over by the time we moved and for me that was a missed opportunity, having a 32000 stadium in O'Neills time would have seriously advanced us as a club.

I dont know why people think a 40,000 seater stadium is un-realistic, the old filbert street when it was all seater was i think 22-24K....who would of thought then that we would consistently sell out 32K in the premiership back then?

The Leicester catchment area is huge and the fact we are the only premiership based east midlands team will allow us to 'poach' potential new fans from far reaching areas across the region.

Very upset?

Yes very. It'd be so upsetting to watch us draw 0-0 with Doncaster in 4 years time on a Tuesday in a 45k seater stadium filled by a solid 19k.

It's pretty upsetting watching that in a 32k stadium, imagine it with another completely empty stand on top too.

With the ongoing FIFA bribery scandal and investigations into the bidding process for the next two world cups, whose to say that one (or both) of those tournaments get ditched leading to a last minute change of host nation ?? England has the stadiums ready to go. LCFC needs to also be ready (just in case).

From the merc article davieG posted:

"The club has previously indicated the stadium was not strong enough to cope with large numbers of music lovers dancing.Without the reinforcement of steel supports, costing up to £400,000, it had been suggested the concrete stands could crumble.

However, new advice has suggested rethinking where audiences stand would avert the risk of damage.

The upper tiers will be excluded from use during a concert, the club says, removing the need for additional structural works."

So basically at least part of the stadium might not be capable of withstanding dynamic loading caused by such movement as synchronised jumping, which might be provoked by clappers. Vossen ain't being so ridiculous.

Yes very. It'd be so upsetting to watch us draw 0-0 with Doncaster in 4 years time on a Tuesday in a 45k seater stadium filled by a solid 19k.

It's pretty upsetting watching that in a 32k stadium, imagine it with another completely empty stand on top too.

I have to agree with this.

Stadia can be too big, unless you're one of the clubs that guarantee filling them.

Scouse is right. If we expanded, then went down at any point, the atmosphere would be utterly rank.

I guess it depends if we did get relegated or not.

Even if we don't, would we fill say a 40k seater every week? I dunno.

I have to agree with this.

Stadia can be too big, unless you're one of the clubs that guarantee filling them.

Scouse is right. If we expanded, then went down at any point, the atmosphere would be utterly rank.

I guess it depends if we did get relegated or not.

Even if we don't, would we fill say a 40k seater every week? I dunno.

even if we stay up we'd start to lose the novelty. 

say we fight relegation/be like sunderland for two or three years. then we get that west ham game again in 3 years time. adrift by 7 points, no win in 3 months and we've got a 45k seater stadium with about 25k season ticket holders. atmosphere is crap, we don't win, it's depressing all round. 

our ground is fine at the moment. until we somehow end up in europe or challenging for trophies we don't need a bigger one. 

I would agree with Scouse. We are currently benefitting by giving out one of the largest away allocations too. We are a novelty (or were) for this season to travelling fans. That may push our crowds down a tad next season. We have also been fortunate with kick off times for home games too this season. What would a Monday night (or Friday nights) against say Southampton or Sunderland do to our attendances?

You'd need good evidence that we are staying up on repeat occasion ala Stoke to extend the stadium.

even if we stay up we'd start to lose the novelty.

say we fight relegation/be like sunderland for two or three years. then we get that west ham game again in 3 years time. adrift by 7 points, no win in 3 months and we've got a 45k seater stadium with about 25k season ticket holders. atmosphere is crap, we don't win, it's depressing all round.

our ground is fine at the moment. until we somehow end up in europe or challenging for trophies we don't need a bigger one.

Yeah I agree.

'Your grounds too big for you' is a very valid chant at many clubs, and not only Prem ones.

Christ, I remember us going to play at Coventry away a few seasons ago. We filled our end (good atmos in our end) but the ground was so empty!

Same at Middlesborough away (the game that the Yak scored in).

Rubbish atmos.

Did we sell out every single game this season and the only reason for the slight differences in attendances were due to away fans? If thats the case then thats a strong case for an expansion right there. I know a few who wanted to go to some of the games but just couldn't get a ticket. You could add 2-3000 on to our ground I think and it will still be a full house in the prem.

This

Expand now, while the demand is there

Onwards and upwards

Literally lol

Archived