Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fallout 4

I dont get this whole Bethesda vs Obsidian thing, theyre both very good games and both have their qualities

Only thing you can hope for in this is if they add some pay to progress faster, stack it with downloadable content from the get go or add an online mode that would cripple or unbalance the game somehow, I'm very much more of the same, it aint broke.

I played New Vegas first, and I thought the story/dialogue was great, and I think it's brilliant how many options you have - you can kill every single character in the game (other than Yes man) and still complete it.

I tried to play FO3 afterwards, but the conversation options seemed to be really shallow. I loved the section in the vault at the start, but it went downhill for me after that (though admittedly, I didn't get very far through FO3). I know lots of people prefer FO3, but I just can't get into it.

Also, I dislike Skyrim as a game, so I don't know if I have much faith in Bethesda.

Edited by Charl91

I played New Vegas first, and I thought the story/dialogue was great, and I think it's brilliant how many options you have - you can kill every single character in the game (other than Yes man) and still complete it.

I tried to play FO3 afterwards, but the conversation options seemed to be really shallow. I loved the section in the vault at the start, but it went downhill for me after that (though admittedly, I didn't get very far through FO3). I know lots of people prefer FO3, but I just can't get into it.

Also, I dislike Skyrim as a game, so I don't know if I have much faith in Bethesda.

First thing I thought of asking you before I revised that post

I was playing 3 earliest on the xbox and thoroughly enjoyed it. What it had over NV for me was the Citys subway system, it really set the tone of the game for me, venturing out for the first time with nothing more than a hunting rifle and a stick, rummaging for anything I could whilst being terrified every corner I turned got me into it, the story was decent too. New Vegas was a different experience, it definitely had the better wastes, the storyline also topped 3 fo me easily. I wouldnt put one on top of the other though.

Agree on the dialogue looking back, NV wasnt perfect but 3 you could tell how bored the voice actors were

Never touched Skyrim and never been urged to try any of the Elder Scrolls, really not my type of thing

First thing I thought of asking you before I revised that post

I was playing 3 earliest on the xbox and thoroughly enjoyed it. What it had over NV for me was the Citys subway system, it really set the tone of the game for me, venturing out for the first time with nothing more than a hunting rifle and a stick, rummaging for anything I could whilst being terrified every corner I turned got me into it, the story was decent too. New Vegas was a different experience, it definitely had the better wastes, the storyline also topped 3 fo me easily. I wouldnt put one on top of the other though.

Agree on the dialogue looking back, NV wasnt perfect but 3 you could tell how bored the voice actors were

Never touched Skyrim and never been urged to try any of the Elder Scrolls, really not my type of thing

Yeah, most people that play 3 first tend to prefer it, and vice-versa.

I think the other reason is that I'm not big on the exploration front; I like having a relatively clear idea of where I'm supposed to go and I get frustrated if i'm lost and wandering around for hours. Luckily that didn't happen a lot in NV (other than the Repconn area, which almost made me quit), but the subway system in FO3 just confused me and made me lose patience.

Skyrim was good to begin with;the map is very impressive, but you soon realise how terrible the combat system is (just mash RT), the level scaling system is broken and the quests are shallow with a bland and generic story-line. In contrast, the story-writing in New Vegas was great, especially in some of the individual vaults. Vault 11 was especially brilliant.

Edited by Charl91

I'll just be happy if it doesn't crash every five seconds like all of my saves for Bethesda games seem to do now. I tried to start New Vegas again the other week since I've got all the DLC and wanted to see the story again. Literally couldn't get half an hour into the game without it crashing for some reason. my old fallout 3 and Skyrim saves are exactly the same as well, completely takes the enjoyment out of it.

Vats jist makes the game way too easy.

You could equate weapon skill in to accuracy, damage, ammunition efficency, unlocking higher level weapons or plenty of other stuff.

Problem with vats is that it makes every encounter just start, vats, headshot, headshot win.

I rarely moan about skill in games, especially story/world driven ones but vats is balls.

Hardly, maybe people can just get hyped about the same thing, I was just hoping we'd see something a little different and we didn't get that. 

Im with this guy. Bestheda is creative enough to make the game different but cant help but worry this is basically gonna be fallout 3.5 

I'll just be happy if it doesn't crash every five seconds like all of my saves for Bethesda games seem to do now. I tried to start New Vegas again the other week since I've got all the DLC and wanted to see the story again. Literally couldn't get half an hour into the game without it crashing for some reason. my old fallout 3 and Skyrim saves are exactly the same as well, completely takes the enjoyment out of it.

Turn off the auto-saves usually works a treat, though that of course means you have to manually save more frequently... but also makes you think twice before doing anything.

Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games ever, was disappointed a tad with NV but was still decent.

Cannot wait for this, the stakes have been raised by The Witcher 3 which will give Bethesda all the ammo they need to deliver one hell of a game & they will

looks like cambiasso is waving goodbye in your sig :( please change it, to one where hes signing a new contract :P

If only I could!

Please stay Cambiasso, do you really want to make many grown men cry? Infact Cambiasso should be the hero in the new Fallout game, I'd call the dog Ulloa & his home can be a nuked out KP stadium

• Like 1

Dishonored 2 could be a different gravy if they are ambitious about it.

Fallout 4, not wanting to be the person to piss on everyone's chips, will be a good game but will probably steer itself too close to the AAA commercial guide lines to be truly amazing, not a fan of a voice acted main character for starters

I have to admit, I was baffled as to why people were cheering that.

But then again, it was a big hangup for a lot of people in Fallout 3 and FNV, hence why about 50%+ of the mod community there is purely aesthetic. Faces, eyes, hair, skin, preset faces, armour texture mods, etc.

The world was brilliantly designed but the character models were dreadful.