Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Would you ever contemplate suicide?

Its positive that your talking about it.  Like others have said that things can get better and talking to people can help.  People are here to talk to if you don't want to speak to a doctor.

I've been through times of planning to kill myself and even got to the point of as my wife was driving down the motorway i was going to open the door and jump out.  I told her straight away what i wanted to do.  

Please talk to somebody.  PM me or others who have offered.

Carl

Its positive that your talking about it.  Like others have said that things can get better and talking to people can help.  People are here to talk to if you don't want to speak to a doctor.

I've been through times of planning to kill myself and even got to the point of as my wife was driving down the motorway i was going to open the door and jump out.  I told her straight away what i wanted to do.  

Please talk to somebody.  PM me or others who have offered.

Carl

Brave post buddy , much respect for sharing that , glad your still with us mate

I'm always available to chat and easy to get hold of

We need more humanity In The world and the above pages are proof there are lots of good people around !

Anyone feeling hopeless can always reach out to me or any who have offered it by PM

Pete

Having a very tough time in getting any form of work - been laid off for just over a month now.

Makes you so very under-valued and makes you to think whether there's anything in life to look forward to.

Feel like having a nervous breakdown; feel irritable, poor sleep quality, and worried how I'm being perceived by others even.

Feel more depressed with the constant monotony of having a job to be honest.

Not suicidal, just meh about everything in life.

It'll probably be a leap from a very big building if it happens. Last thing I'd want is to be disabled for life by getting it wrong.

I had to see a mental health practitioner a few months ago when a suspected heart attack just turned out to be a panic attack. I was referred for CBT. I didn't turn up for the first therapy session so they broke off contact. Most days I dont wanna leave the house at all. LCFC about the only thing that gets me doing something nowadays. I'm always making plans then breaking them. 

Thanks for the messages and advice. 

Suicide is such a serious thing, theres definitely help out there.

For myself, its more a boredom thing. Like ive got loads of friends, good job, place to live, no problems.

But life is just boring and ultimately to me pointless i guess. So little of it is actually spent "living" that i just spend life in a permanent malaise of cant be arsed-itude.

It'll probably be a leap from a very big building if it happens. Last thing I'd want is to be disabled for life by getting it wrong.

I had to see a mental health practitioner a few months ago when a suspected heart attack just turned out to be a panic attack. I was referred for CBT. I didn't turn up for the first therapy session so they broke off contact. Most days I dont wanna leave the house at all. LCFC about the only thing that gets me doing something nowadays. I'm always making plans then breaking them.

Please go and see somebody. It's so hard to do but its worth it.

My Mrs went through CBT for stress and anxiety and I'd did her so much good!

Seriously though mate, take the help and advice offered, if your already feeling as bad as you are what have you got to lose? People contemplate suicide for a multitude of reasons so speaking to someone and making a little sense of it can be a huge step forward!

Also, if you already feel like you don't want to leave the house, force yourself out. Even if you just go for a walk, you don't have to speak with anyone but it will do you the world of good. Set time aside everyday and push yourself to go out whatever the weather. It's not going to fix everything, but it's important to keep away from the slippery slope of not going out. As often, that makes things worse.

Please go and speak to somebody about it Shanetko. I've never been in your position before but my father has and he did take his own life when I was very young. Please see someone.

CBT just isn't for everyone, it's just a cheap catch all to try and get people back working. It's always the first thing they'll recommend. Don't be put off if you don't get on with it.

Posting this on here is a reasonably good indication that you want help so the next step is very much on you. Nobody gets better without wanting to get better.

Pills will help stabilise you but you won't recover entirely until you're ready to. Exercise is a really good recommendation, it releases positive hormones, it'll increase your self esteem if you make progress, it's a proven anti depressant.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

With exercise I often get out for a couple of days then slip into a deep depression and want to lock the world out completely and live in a cave for an amount of time.. Could be a day could be a week could be a fortnight.

Simply telling myself/being told to do something usually isn't enough.

It's very much not a choice to be a depressive mess as much as people may think that. I'm a bit autistic which probably doesn't help.

Edited by shanetko

Could you give any indication, if you're obviously willing to, as to what you're struggling with, so anyone on here can give specific advice (though the advice on here already provided is excellent)?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Could you give any indication, if you're obviously willing to, as to what you're struggling with, so anyone on here can give specific advice (though the advice on here already provided is excellent)?

I've got to be careful what I say as I don't know who reads this but I basically have no life. An empty shell of an existence. Nothingness with LCFC, Gambling and drinking thrown in. Never had a proper relationship and have poor social skills. Filled with lots of anger which often goes unexplained. Get very low often without obvious reasoning. I would say I'm miserable roughly half of my waking time and merely stable the rest of it. Very little gives me real joy. It all just feels like a facade.

OK, a couple of things firstly. I'm no counsellor, but I've been in a similar situation in the last couple of years.

You've also taken the first step by talking about it on here, which is good. Whatever you're comfortable with.

I'm in my mid thirties and lost everything a couple of years ago. I'd moved away from Leicester and was living in a shitty little town that never felt like home.

I hit the bottle pretty hard, but realised that was only making me worse because it's a depressive, just a very short term answer.

Enough about me anyway, that's enough to depress anyone!

So, how old are you? What sort of things are you into? What do you aspire to? Dream job, things you'd like to do in your free time if you were able to? What are your living circumstances and what would you ideally like them to be?

I don't want to sound patronising, because I'm not. Just been there myself, as have a few of us by the looks of it.

If you can identify some goals, a few people might have ideas and even help to get you there and stop you feeling like this.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your previous plight and glad to hear you've turned it around. Same goes for anyone else who has responded to my posts.

I'm going to be a bit inexact/vague with some of the personal details but you will get the picture.

I'm a similar age to you. I'm into sports (viewing not playing) and film. Like the idea of travel but not really cultured enough to enjoy it.

I struggle to describe aspirations as my thoughts can change like the wind. I liked the idea of being a journalist at one point, a criminal psychologist at another and an odds compiler at another (I did this and left that industry a couple of years ago). I failed University twice - well left of my own accord as I struggled to cope. So my highest academic achievement is A-Levels.

I live in Leicester and I think I'd ideally like to live elsewhere. I moved away for a few years in my Early-mid 20s but ended up back here. Where exactly in not sure. The idea of a change of scenery appeals but there's not much point until I decide to get a 'proper job'.

My free time - tough one I guess as my interests are fairly limited.

Never really considered it myself but sometimes think how easy  it would be to step in front of a bus when I am at a crossing. What stops me is the thought of the aftermath. Friends and family reaction and  missing out on a lot of things like City winning the PL.

I'd would not finish watching GOT either. They may be insignificant things when you are rock bottom but thinking about those things can give you a start and a goal.

I live alone and some people may wonder how I cope on my own with no wife and kids. Well I am now retired and try to keep active. I volunteer for a group that redistributes food that would otherwise go to waste. I go to two clubs where I play board games I  play poker once a week at a local pub and I dabble in writing poetry. There are many organisations that welcome volunteers  and these can lead to jobs and careers. I have seen people who are very low change in a few months when they are doing something which takes their mind off their own problems.

You are welcome to come along to any of the events I mentioned. I think if I did not do these things I might end up in a depressive state. The best thing I did when I lost my last job at 60 was to sign up for media work. It gave me confidence and self belief. Everone has their worth. Life is precious savour it.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your previous plight and glad to hear you've turned it around. Same goes for anyone else who has responded to my posts.

I'm going to be a bit inexact/vague with some of the personal details but you will get the picture.

I'm a similar age to you. I'm into sports (viewing not playing) and film. Like the idea of travel but not really cultured enough to enjoy it.

I struggle to describe aspirations as my thoughts can change like the wind. I liked the idea of being a journalist at one point, a criminal psychologist at another and an odds compiler at another (I did this and left that industry a couple of years ago). I failed University twice - well left of my own accord as I struggled to cope. So my highest academic achievement is A-Levels.

I live in Leicester and I think I'd ideally like to live elsewhere. I moved away for a few years in my Early-mid 20s but ended up back here. Where exactly in not sure. The idea of a change of scenery appeals but there's not much point until I decide to get a 'proper job'.

My free time - tough one I guess as my interests are fairly limited.

That is pretty bloody freaky you mentioned journalism.

I've always wanted to do that since I was a kid, so to move on and start again, I started uni last year studying journalism.

I love it, best thing I ever did. I'm probably too old, but oh well. It definitely helped in sorting me out and turning things around.

Suppose I'm trying to get at the fact you could do with trying to find something to work towards that'll make you happy and keep you occupied.

There's no easy answer, unfortunately. It's got to be worked at.

You'll still have bad days, there's nothing to be ashamed of if you have a little cry once in a while or lose it at the smallest thing.

Don't push people away, I nearly did.

Although you don't see it now, it can get better and it's bloody worth it when it does.

If I did what I thought about doing in my darkest moments, I wouldn't be able to beam at the league table like I have been doing for about the last 48 hours!