Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cost us 200k for 15mins and the rest of the team had given up.

Whats the point in naming him and Austin if you are going to play players you know all about in a friendly.

Glad he got on just pissed off he did not get a proper chance to prove himself.

Guest Mee-9

Did alright when he came on. 

Shocking performance by the squad though. Wasted 90 minutes of my life. 

Sterling was also an embarrassment. Why play these players who don't play for their country like they do for their teams.

Even Milner was half hearted and he normally cares.

To be fair in the competitive matches Rooney and sterling have been brilliant... Just this was an end of season friendly... treated like the club friendlies

Not an excuse, but the timing of these friendlies are so stupid. Either have them earlier or it will be treated as an end of season game with nothing riding on it. It definitely had that feel to it. Hodgson did the right thing by not starting Vardy. Realistically he was never going to start next week, so see how the first choice three do and give them some time. However maybe Vardy deserved more time, and I think he was okay when he came on. I'd love him to play where Lallana was next time he gets a chance, and he'd link up well with Rooney.

Not an excuse, but the timing of these friendlies are so stupid. Either have them earlier or it will be treated as an end of season game with nothing riding on it. It definitely had that feel to it. Hodgson did the right thing by not starting Vardy. Realistically he was never going to start next week, so see how the first choice three do and give them some time. However maybe Vardy deserved more time, and I think he was okay when he came on. I'd love him to play where Lallana was next time he gets a chance, and he'd link up well with Rooney.

I can see hodgson wanting to gauge that front three... but when the players are only giving 50% because they are assured of their places you won't ever get a good idea... should have played more of the fringe players

I can see hodgson wanting to gauge that front three... but when the players are only giving 50% because they are assured of their places you won't ever get a good idea... should have played more of the fringe players

Very good point. I guess the only way to make a statement is to start Vardy ahead of one of those three. That would really make a statement

The amount of flack he's got from the braindead ***** on twitter is astonishing, you'd think he was the worst player on the pitch looking at them

As if the reason we drew a crap match was down to small names like him. It was the big names who were "tired" that let us down. What a pathetic excuse, by the way.

I don't understand why anyone would criticize a national team player before even giving him a chance. Why, just to be able to say, "I told you so?" Why not just support him and the team, because if he does well, everybody benefits.

And for anybody that's wondering why Roy couldn't find anyone better, you can't have it both ways--I'd say England absolutely have their priorities in order sending their top u21s to the European Championships, which is a great stepping stone tournament to future success.

I'm not English, but I'm beginning to want England to win Euro 2016 just so some of these miserable people can know what it means to smile, though they'll probably still find something to complain about then, too.

Archived