Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We would have been so much better had we lined up...

-------------Hart------------

------Jagielka--Cahill--Smalling-----

--Jones---Henderson---Wilshere---Milner--

------------Barkley---------------

--------Vardy-------Austin----------

Rooney, Sterling and Lallana have been shit this season. Barkley has too tbf but still...

Surely friendlies are for experimentation and trying new things, what on earth did hodgson learn from that game!?

However, well done Vardy for getting his first cap. Shame he was playing with an uninspired and boring, safe team who weren't interested

Predictably wasted by a manager who doesn't seem to know how to get the best of his players. Will probably never make an impact now or be given another proper chance despite how bad England were today. I guarantee he'd have offered more than Rooney did over the time Rooney actually got.

But good for him either way. I just hope he keeps chipping away at it.

Don't want to sound churlish, but in the upcoming season, our need is greater than England's wrt to JV. I'd rather he was having a rest during the international break than risking injury with the national side.

once the younger boys are back, I doubt Roy will select him again anyway.

great that he got a cap and it sends a message to all those putting in the effort, week in week out in the lower leagues. now let's concentrate on making sure our second season is more relaxing that our first!

Looking at some of the comments on Sky people are calling for Lee Cattermole to come in.

Why? We don't need DMF, we need creative players. Thought Wilshere showed attacking intent, though he was basically on his own.

The amount of flack he's got from the braindead ***** on twitter is astonishing, you'd think he was the worst player on the pitch looking at them

Take OffsideLiam for example:

Liam @OffsideLiam

How can England expect to be taken seriously when 1) they play like this and 2) They call up Jamie Vardy.

Beyond comprehension. Seriously, did Rooney do any better today?

Liam @OffsideLiam

How can England expect to be taken seriously when 1) they play like this and 2) They call up Jamie Vardy.

Why worry about it because 1) this guy is clearly a disabled and 2) he doesn't pick the squad, Woy does.

Liam @OffsideLiam

Yeah, I think what's more of an issue for England is that players like Vardy and Townsend actually put in better performances than any of the big players, and Vardy was feeding off fewer scraps than our strikers were at the beginning of the season.

Like every single manager before him, Hodgson failed to give new boys their head.

Austin and Vardy, should have had 45 minutes at least.

Either swapping with each other, or both playing together from the start.

We need to know now who can we bring in, when injuries force changes, or who have we on the bench for plan...B or C.

Scrap not the odd friendly, but the timing.Plus all friendly Internationals should cost less and teams should always be

forced to play at least 2 new players from the start, or agree to have them play 45 mins second 1/2 half.

All fans want to see squad progress and developement, not unmotivated kick abouts.

Vardy showed he wanted to play for his country, Sterling showed he is more interested in money.

Sterling looks like a troubled kid who doesn't really know what he wants. Focus looks way different. The guy needs to get his feet back on the ground and a reality check.

Sterling looks like a troubled kid who doesn't really know what he wants. Focus looks way different. The guy needs to get his feet back on the ground and a reality check.

Problem is if he has his feet on the ground he will be looking to fall over.

Great for him to get a cap but why waste his time in the squad if he isn't going to play. We know what Lallana and Sterling can do (slight less than fvck all at this level but that's another story) so why not give the uncapped guys a full 90 or at least the first hour.

Before today, haven't watched England since the 2010 shambles and I see nothing's changed. Different manager, same bollox on the pitch.

The game was calling out for vardy to come on for lallana or sterling with Austin coming on down the middle, I feel woy has stiched vardy up aswel I mean he's hardly going to pull up any trees coming on for 15 mins along with players who may as well of been on a beach sunning themselves

Vardy winning the corner, Vardy sliding pass recovery, Vardy harranging that Irish fella for 50 yards then pinching the ball off him. The genuine only highlights of an absolutely horrendous match, he couldn't do anything more and should definitely be given a bit more time next weekend. Here's hoping

<p>

Liam @OffsideLiam

3:29 PM - 7 Jun 2015

What a clown! I suppose he'd be the cream of the crop if he played for Man United or Chelsea. This is a Leicester thing not a Jamie Vardy thing. It's disrespectful and extremely naive to assume that players should be picked based on what club they play for.

Same goes for Heaton and Austin!!!! It's a friendly, uve called these lads up meaning they've had to cancel there family holidays so atleast give them a fair crack as they would have been hungry for it and played with the pride we expect from players representing our national team!!! Woy the old fossil should walk as he's got us playing such dull boring slow football

Vardy done as well as he could in the circumstances.

It was always going to be difficult to make an impression, when given only 13 minutes at the end of a game that most of the players had no interest in.

It`s a shame that he didn`t start the game along side Austin, i think their enthusiasm would have given the team more of an edge.

Sadly, the chances are, that will very probably be his last game for England, without really being given a chance, because once the other strikers are available i expect they will come straight back, and Vardy will be discarded.

The fact Austin didn`t come on,  suggests that he will be the one to be given 15 minutes next week.

From Vardys point of view though, he now has an England cap, and no one can take that away from him.

Well done Jamie, we`re proud of you.

Problem is if he has his feet on the ground he will be looking to fall over.

Aint that the truth!

I`ve never seen a bloke fall over as much as Sterling for Liverpool at the King Power, earlier in the season.

Everytime anyone got near him, he chucked himself on the floor!

In fact the whole Liverpool team of that night were all pretty much doing the same thing, i almost wondered if chucking themselves on the floor was something they were trying to perfect in training!

Archived