Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cambiasso to stay? It depends on the Mrs

It was a bitter pill to swallow with Pearson being sacked, if Cambaisso doesn't sign it will be another bitter pill, especially as both pretty much go hand in hand and i'd be quite confident in saying he'd have signed if Pearson was still here.

And instead we've ended up with a 1 year cameo from Ranieri who will most probably damage some of the great work that has been done getting us where we are now. :doh:

Maybe, although I think the influence he had on others players made him so important for us. It's rare we get a player here that can see a pass before the ball is anywhere near him and play an inch perfect pass.

Not sure what people get from bashing him because i think it was a privilege to watch him play for us last season whoever he signs for now

exactly how I feel, he's got the right to go where he wants now as he's honoured his contract and done the business, we shouldn't be bitter if he went to West Ham.

Also he was here for one season, he's done his job helping keep us up which is what the owners, pearson and ourselves the fans wanted. We shouldn't be that angered if he did move to West Ham; which btw I think is nothing more than his agent sh*t stirring, however it can't be denied he'd be moving to a bigger club who in two years time will have a massive stadium to go with their owners ambitions, why wouldn't he want to go to that?

He doesn't come across to me as a player who has emotional ties to clubs, hes just a professional, let him do what he chooses and just move on.

Yeah he didnt have much of an emotional connection with Inter

My issue with the Cambiasso saga is not so much about Cambiasso himself, it's more that we should strengthen each season. Retaining your better performers is key to this. If this isn't possible then a straight replacement should be priority. There ARE players out there to replace him. For example, what would people think to Jeremy Toulalon? - I think he was Ranieris captain at Monaco

exactly how I feel, he's got the right to go where he wants now as he's honoured his contract and done the business, we shouldn't be bitter if he went to West Ham.

Yep, no hard feelings from me whatsoever although I'd love him to stay and take on some coaching duties as well

My issue with the Cambiasso saga is not so much about Cambiasso himself, it's more that we should strengthen each season. Retaining your better performers is key to this. If this isn't possible then a straight replacement should be priority. There ARE players out there to replace him. For example, what would people think to Jeremy Toulalon? - I think he was Ranieris captain at Monaco

Not too clued up French league but I'm pretty sure he's a starter for them isn't he?

we will sign someone in midfield, there's a long way to go in this window just yet, however im doubtful someone starting and captaining a champions league club in his homeland would come to leicester haha

True! I guess it would depend on the influence of CR. my point is, people seem to think EC is irreplaceable.

I don't think anybody is saying he is but we'd rather have him than not. It would be nice to sign him up for another year and also sign his replacement this summer too to allow for a better transition, someone to learn the ropes from him.

Hopefully Drinkwater can learn a bit from him as well

'because leicester city in premier league next season is important for them'

He knew he wasn't staying ages ago. Bowing at end of qpr game also

"esteban, what does this mean to you?"

"meh"

d i'd be quite confident in saying he'd have signed if Pearson was still here.

I'm quite confident in saying you don't have a clue whether he would have signed or not.

Why did he not sign the minute he came back off his holidays?

I understand that you're still hurting that NFP has gone but please stop with your crap about the owners not having a press conference because they don't want to answer questions and Cambiasso would have signed for Pearson.

I'm quite confident in saying you don't have a clue whether he would have signed or not.

Why did he not sign the minute he came back off his holidays?

I understand that you're still hurting that NFP has gone but please stop with your crap about the owners not having a press conference because they don't want to answer questions and Cambiasso would have signed for Pearson.

I know as much as anyone, you're correct.

Others are allowed their conspiracy theories, views on the situation, opinions. I'm having my two penneth worth, you don't have to read it, there is always a block option and you're welcome to use it if you have a problem. Besides am I the only person to suggest he would have signed or was close to signing before Pearson was sacked? Don't think so, I think plenty have suggested it, the fact there were reports him and Ranieri don't get on suggest there might be an element of truth, it remains to be seen.

Don't bother replying if you've got a problem with me having opinions, just block me. :kissing:

As Tony Wilson said 'You're entitled to an opinion but your opinion .....'

Only joking but it's getting tiresome reading your conspiracy theories that you seem to be attempting to pass off as fact, you dropped that one about the press conference in on at least 3 occasions.

I know as much as anyone, you're correct.

Others are allowed their conspiracy theories, views on the situation, opinions. I'm having my two penneth worth, you don't have to read it, there is always a block option and you're welcome to use it if you have a problem. Besides am I the only person to suggest he would have signed or was close to signing before Pearson was sacked? Don't think so, I think plenty have suggested it, the fact there were reports him and Ranieri don't get on suggest there might be an element of truth, it remains to be seen.

Don't bother replying if you've got a problem with me having opinions, just block me. :kissing:

Before Pearson was sacked Ramdaone said it looked unlikely that he was staying.

It looks like the 1 year with us was just a shop window plan to shownhe wasnt past it and get more £ this year for his retirement plan.

Id be surprised if he went to another prem team. Looks like the owners never thought of this before sacking Pearson a big mistake.

that would be the biggest irony of the close season if after, and again if the speculation of EC not being overly happy with Nigels tactical nouse during the bad spell, culminating in the owners informing nige of a decision to replace him at the end of the season,that EC leaves anyway, whether he gets on with CR or not

Understand him looking at his various options but he has had all summer to do that, its all getting a bit late, there's something hes not too chuffed about.

Last season, as fans and from what we see the club treated him fantastically, rightly so. He's playing with us both now and its not deserved.

Its like your Mrs saying she may want out, /can i think about it?/ and then goes around chatting up blokes and she/s always got you to fall back on !!.

Starting to get a bit humiliating now, we obviously don't know the full story , Head says withdraw the offer, heart says give him a deadline and lets move on

He will never be as valuable as he was last =season

Understand him looking at his various options but he has had all summer to do that, its all getting a bit late, there's something hes not too chuffed about.

Last season, as fans and from what we see the club treated him fantastically, rightly so. He's playing with us both now and its not deserved.

Its like your Mrs saying she may want out, /can i think about it?/ and then goes around chatting up blokes and she/s always got you to fall back on !!.

Starting to get a bit humiliating now, we obviously don't know the full story , Head says withdraw the offer, heart says give him a deadline and lets move on

This isn't like a marriage at all. He's a paid contractor taking some time off to decide what to do next.

The negotiations took time last year-- based on how Cambiasso played last season, and the kind of shape he was in, I certainly wouldn't mind if he signed in August again.

It's nothing like that all. That's an awful comparison.

He signed for 1 year, and played out his agreed contract. He is now a free agent and fully entitled to choose his next move at his own pace.

He doesn't owe us as fans or as a club anything. If the owners want him to stay they need to offer him a lucrative deal. He deserves an increase on last years wages that's for sure, and if they're not willing to pay it then expect to lose him.

It may be taking longer than expected, but that's The Owners fault rather than EC's, why would he sign for a club with no manager, there is no logic to it, and since CR was appointed neither EC nor the team have been in the UK so nothing was going to be announced.

If EC signs it will give the squad a massive boost and help CR win round some unsure fans. If he doesn't sign and we don't find an adequate replacement before the season starts that's not EC's fault that's the owners and managers fault for putting all your eggs in one basket.

Either way if he stays or goes EC will go down as a Leicester legend in my eyes, even in his short spell as a fox.

Archived