Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cambiasso to stay? It depends on the Mrs

Am glad that Claudio has personally told Esteban that he's needed to stable the ship onfield; it'll hopefully reassure him that this is the right club to be to finish his glamorous career and he's been trusted from his great first PL season.

Its definitely time to move on, we need players fit and ready in a couple of weeks and clearly he won't be. He was seriously average for quite a while after he signed and got in the team and we really don't want a repeat.

Guest bss9401

I think that the reason for the delay will simply be a plan of Cambiasso's team to the effect of: let's wait and see what's on the table at the end of July and then decide. He does not need to sign on early for pre season training any more. I don't like not knowing but Cambiasso can afford to wait.

He's probably waiting to see how ambitious we are in recruiting other players.  Cambiasso probably doesn't fancy another premiership slog where we survive by the skin of our teeth.  And to be fair, so far recruitment wise, we're not exactly setting the world alight with aiming to "push on" are we.

Strange to see a statement like that on the OS. Wouldn't CR now look more like the saviour should Cambiasso re-sign.

Could this all be a very well thought out PR plan?

You could be right. either way it's a smart move CL can't be blamed by the Fans for not wanting him.

In his position you'd weigh up your options. Examine the offers. See which environment is best for your family and then make your decision. It's cruel but he really doesn't owe us any loyalty. He left all he needed to leave on the pitch.

If he decides to stay I'll be delighted. If not there is nothing I or we can do - except sign some decent midfielders.

Well, for what it's wort I think it's all sorted and agreed, he just has to physically sign the documents. He's requested a holiday, and if any offer has come in the mean time, it would have to better what we have offered. (I think we will have offered a lucrative package). It'll all be sorted in the next 5 days. It has to.

The cinic in me is telling me this IS a well crafted PR approach to him already signed, and this is what the 'ITK' crowd have caught wind of. Hope so!

“I spoke with him,” Ranieri said. “I’ve known Esteban since Inter Milan. I coached him and I said to him ‘I need you. Everybody loves you in Leicester. Please come back.’

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/ranieri-seeks-cambiasso-decision-2559763.aspx#DLKrVb0ZUMxLAFfl.99

Please don't let him near the transfer cheque book, because wages will have another 0 on the end.

Is it just me who thinks "we need you" is akin to begging ?

“I spoke with him,” Ranieri said. “I’ve known Esteban since Inter Milan. I coached him and I said to him ‘I need you. Everybody loves you in Leicester. Please come back.’

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/ranieri-seeks-cambiasso-decision-2559763.aspx#DLKrVb0ZUMxLAFfl.99

Please don't let him near the transfer cheque book, because wages will have another 0 on the end.

Is it just me who thinks "we need you" is akin to begging ?

can't see what the cheque book has to do with we need you

I love the bloke but if he cares only a little about the club which I'm sure he does he'll hurry up so we can look for a replacement if he decides not to join. Taking the piss a bit now.

That's no different to any other player.

If he doesn't sign I'm sure we'll have replacements lined up, whether they'll be as good as him remains to be seen.

That's no different to any other player.

If he doesn't sign I'm sure we'll have replacements lined up, whether they'll be as good as him remains to be seen.

Not really most players here sign a extension when there in there last year or something. The pole didn't mess about when offered another year neither did Hammond.

Archived