Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cambiasso to stay? It depends on the Mrs

It's nothing like that all. That's an awful comparison.

He signed for 1 year, and played out his agreed contract. He is now a free agent and fully entitled to choose his next move at his own pace.

He doesn't owe us as fans or as a club anything. If the owners want him to stay they need to offer him a lucrative deal. He deserves an increase on last years wages that's for sure, and if they're not willing to pay it then expect to lose him.

It may be taking longer than expected, but that's The Owners fault rather than EC's, why would he sign for a club with no manager, there is no logic to it, and since CR was appointed neither EC nor the team have been in the UK so nothing was going to be announced.

If EC signs it will give the squad a massive boost and help CR win round some unsure fans. If he doesn't sign and we don't find an adequate replacement before the season starts that's not EC's fault that's the owners and managers fault for putting all your eggs in one basket.

Either way if he stays or goes EC will go down as a Leicester legend in my eyes, even in his short spell as a fox.

I think it is a decent comparison, all about opinions....and mines right! The guy received more love and affection from most city fans that their Mrs.

He could have signed long before Pearson went, yes hes right to do whats best for him but how long? 

A manager with big gonads would give him a deadline.

I'm sure there are reasons he has not signed, but no matter how you look at it he will sign for us unless he finds anything better, therefore rejecting us..

In the words of he Supreme's

You keep me hanging on.

Really hope i'm wrong but the lure of the capitol looks like winning

There are some serious simpletons on Twitter, a couple of Leicester fans having a go at cambiasso's brother about the situation. They think they're involved in the clubs transfers! I think they need to spend less time on football manager. Dummies!

Maybe cambiassos brother shouldn't really be on Twitter.

There are some serious simpletons on Twitter, a couple of Leicester fans having a go at cambiasso's brother about the situation. They think they're involved in the clubs transfers! I think they need to spend less time on football manager. Dummies!

After watching the season review I've had a change of heart about the whole situation.

Originally, if he were to go to another Premier League club I would have felt he was a bit of a 'JUDAS' but after watching the season review DVD yesterday, it reminded me how good he was and that he gave his all to keep us in the top tier. He owes us nothing and we owe him nearly everything.

I will now clap him no matter where he ends up and always remember that goal against United, which as a memory, is priceless.

After watching the season review I've had a change of heart about the whole situation.

Originally, if he were to go to another Premier League club I would have felt he was a bit of a 'JUDAS' but after watching the season review DVD yesterday, it reminded me how good he was and that he gave his all to keep us in the top tier. He owes us nothing and we owe him nearly everything.

I will now clap him no matter where he ends up and always remember that goal against United, which as a memory, is priceless.

Good man.

I don't think that's the issue, he has every right to be on there, I think it's embarrassing when fans are hastling players brothers online and pretending to know what's going on behind the scenes.

I don't think that's the issue, he has every right to be on there, I think it's embarrassing when fans are hastling players brothers online and pretending to know what's going on behind the scenes.

Couldn't agree more seeing some of the simple Leicester fans harase his brother online for updates is 1 of the most desperate and embarrassing things I have ever seen as a Leicester fan

Couldn't agree more seeing some of the simple Leicester fans harase his brother online for updates is 1 of the most desperate and embarrassing things I have ever seen as a Leicester fan

Exactly. They've got idea what's happening! Esteban might want to stay or had agreed to, but Ranieri has different plans... Hence chasing the youngsters in that position.

Instead they choose to listen to the sun, and abuse his brother...

Originally, if he were to go to another Premier League club I would have felt he was a bit of a 'JUDAS' but after watching the season review DVD yesterday, it reminded me how good he was and that he gave his all to keep us in the top tier. He owes us nothing and we owe him nearly everything.

Fvck him, if he's somebody else's he's somebody else's

There wasn't a hoard of clubs beating a path to his door last summer like there is this summer, we gave him that chance, this platform he's currently parading around on, and he was probably handsomely rewarded for it as well, just as we were with survival.

Arguably, if he'd turned up in the first 3/4 of the season, we wouldn't have needed the miracle performances from the team during the run-in.

If he re-signs, great... we will need his experience, if he goes elsewhere - He's done us no favours & in fact some harm this summer

If he goes to another English club - So what

People also need to be mindful that he's 35, and just look at Gerrard's fantastic 34th year, Vs a rather embarrassing 35th year - Cambiasso may well deliver like last year, then again he may not.

Id'have him as a player/coach like a shot though - As a player alone, I'm not sure we could build a season around him again

Honestly, he's been here a season. He knows what the club is like, what the area is like, and what the fans are like. He knows how much money is on the table. If knowing all of that doesn't make him want to sign then I'll not be upset about him going elsewhere.

Mendy, Kante and Veretout would soften the blow if he was to leave.

Obviously I want Cambiasso to stay, but now that we're being linked with these three I don't think I'd be disappointed at all if we had to take the latter instead of EC.

Young, progressive, and exciting players by the looks of things.

Ideal would be 2 of the trio (or 1 +Romeu) and then Cambiasso as well in a sort of mentor to them with his experience.

Originally, if he were to go to another Premier League club I would have felt he was a bit of a 'JUDAS' but after watching the season review DVD yesterday, it reminded me how good he was and that he gave his all to keep us in the top tier. He owes us nothing and we owe him nearly everything.

Spot on

Obviously I want Cambiasso to stay, but now that we're being linked with these three I don't think I'd be disappointed at all if we had to take the latter instead of EC.

Young, progressive, and exciting players by the looks of things.

Ideal would be 2 of the trio (or 1 +Romeu) and then Cambiasso as well in a sort of mentor to them with his experience.

They'd soften the blow of course but if we get stuck in a situation like we did last season then I wouldn't expect any of them to lead by example like cambiasso did...

They'd soften the blow of course but if we get stuck in a situation like we did last season then I wouldn't expect any of them to lead by example like cambiasso did...

Maybe not, but we have other experienced players (Fuchs, Huth) plus all those involved last year, so I don't think having someone of Cambiasso's influence is as necessary as it was the last few months. Plus I've got full confidence that we won't be in that situation again.

I genuinely feel he will stay, and I do think we will find out what will happen very soon. After all Qwerty and Fourth Official were very confident something had been signed, today is pretty much the first day everyone is back in the UK. I suspect this could be wrapped up very soon.

That said would very much prefer Mendy and Verretout, we have to look long term.. realistically if Cambiasso signs again it would be for 1 more year, personally I like his organisational skills and I think this is what will be missed but no player is bigger then any club. Whilst he had a fantastic season for us last year he's by no means a Messi or a Ronaldo, he's very good at what he does but there is always someone out there whose better... unless you are aforementioned players.

Archived