Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cambiasso to stay? It depends on the Mrs

If he genuinely wanted to play for us next season he would have already signed. Give him a deadline & if he doesn't sign then move on. He's not irreplaceable & I'm sure Ranieri will have the fabled football 'war chest' to sign a quality replacement.

If he genuinely wanted to play for us next season he would have already signed. Give him a deadline & if he doesn't sign then move on. He's not irreplaceable & I'm sure Ranieri will have the fabled football 'war chest' to sign a quality replacement.

Him wanting to sign isn't the only variable though. He knows his value to us, his agents know his value to us and that's why he is taking his time and making us sweat.

So the "ITK" knows were bullshitting and he never had signed a deal like they said he had?

I think they were probably right in so much as he has a greed a contract- meanig the terms are agreeable to him....

Last season, Cambi showed everyone that he was an outstanding Premier League player in what was largely, to be honest, an average - below average team.  Before he signed for us, there were many teams that decided against signing him as they considered him past it.  He has firmly put himself in the shop window and will have plenty of offers I'm sure.

He hasn't said "No" yet so he must be giving it some serious thought and realistically, aside from a move to the MLS next season, this could be his last shot at a major European League.  This is a guy who has won everything.  23 trophies?  Something like that.  Does he want to effectively finish his career at Leicester or does he want a realistic shot at another trophy (Besiktas) or perhaps he wants European football and remain in this country (West Ham [puke]), maybe he just wants more money.  Who knows what his motivation is.

What I would say though is that if he says "Yes", then it is because he wants to play for us above the other offers he has had.  That would be awesome.  I still have my fingers crossed.

I work for my company - I work hard - but for my benefit in getting the best deal I can on the market. He is just doing the best he can for the family. Good luck to him and thanks for the memories.  Here's hoping he gets a great offer from LCFC.

He's had 8 weeks to decide whether he wants to stay or not. We are now just over 2 weeks away from the start of the season and yet again he hasn't had a proper pre season.

The longer it goes on the more I'm not bothered about him re-signing as he clearly isn't that bothered about us.

Why? he says he needs another leader that's all, Wes will stay as captain Kasper as number 2, it will work exactly the same as last year.

just had a look and it was the 28th August when he signed for us. I think people need to calm down a little really.

Perfectly calm, just don't think Wes is our 'leader on the pitch', something the captain should be imo

I spend a bit of time down in London and there's a reason property is so expensive.

The place is buzzing and despite seeing a reasonable part of the world, IMO it take s some beating, this opinion is obviously shared by others.

Its a shame it is dragging out but i would guess if any club in the Capitol at least offered him the same he would grab it as i'm sure others would. Anywhere other than the smoke and I think we have a chance.

See the Cambiasso family walking through the Highcross a while ago didn't seem right and that's the nicer part of the Town.

At least there could be a place coming up at Leicester Grammar school.

We live in hope, but who could blame him.

I kinda think he's considering his options because he doesn't want to risk loosing his god status that he already has with us.

He will be the difference between a relegation battle or a comfortable mid table finish I think.

No one can come in and do what he did last year, he dictated the whole of the defense and attacking lines! As well as carrying the midfielders around him!

I kinda think he's considering his options because he doesn't want to risk loosing his god status that he already has with us.

He will be the difference between a relegation battle or a comfortable mid table finish I think.

No one can come in and do what he did last year, he dictated the whole of the defense and attacking lines! As well as carrying the midfielders around him!

I disagree. I think the signing of Huth and the changing of the formation to a 3-5-2 is what changed our season.

The signing of Huth for us permanently will be more important than cambiasso re-signing imo.

I disagree. I think the signing of Huth and the changing of the formation to a 3-5-2 is what changed our season.

The signing of Huth for us permanently will be more important than cambiasso re-signing imo.

Absolutely.

Had Huth been here all season long like Cambiasso was, I have no doubt that we wouldn't have been where we were with 10 games to go - which was the time Cambiasso finally decided to live up to his name.

Although i love Cambi and think hes brilliant i have to agree with this.

100% agree with this, Huth our most important signing and alot cheaper on the shirt, win win.

Guest ttfn

There was about 200 words in today's Evening Standard on West Ham's transfer targets and no mention of Cambiasso

Archived