Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cambiasso to stay? It depends on the Mrs

Not really most players here sign a extension when there in there last year or something. The pole didn't mess about when offered another year neither did Hammond.

I really don't think there were any clubs offering obscene amounts of money to Hammond like some might be to Cambiasso right now.

Reading FT, one would think that Cambiasso is holding out because of personal spite towards some members of this forum.

I can't think of any other time the OS has done what is basically a press release on a speculative signing, or even an offer on a contract extension. That's the press' job to glean this information in the questioning and write up their own stories.

I really don't think there were any clubs offering obscene amounts of money to Hammond like some might be to Cambiasso right now.

Reading FT, one would think that Cambiasso is holding out because of personal spite towards some members of this forum.

If it was about money he wouldn't of come to Leicester in the first place.

If it was about money he wouldn't of come to Leicester in the first place.

We don't know what else was offered to him. At the very least, Cambiasso would surely have more interesting offers on the table than Dean Hammond did.

Not impressed with Ranieri's pleading. I'd much prefer a take it or leave it approach irrespective of who the player is. Toughen up Claudio.

I'd say that's exactly what he did.

Told him how important he was to the team. Now he needs an answer or I will go out and replace you.

It wasn't a "without you we are dead" sort of plea. It was more of a we'd love to have you back to lead us but I have other options which I will be pursuing if you keep taking your time.

Massage his ego but plan regardless.

Surely this has to be a "done deal " if the OS is reporting the "plea" on its news feed?

Folly otherwise; why would a club/business expose itself to such a potential fail? I'm a little bemused tbh

Well no, because if it was a done deal the article would read 'Cambiasso returns'.

Surely this has to be a "done deal " if the OS is reporting the "plea" on its news feed?

Folly otherwise; why would a club/business expose itself to such a potential fail? I'm a little bemused tbh

Its probably exactly as they say it is.  They aren't stupid.  They will know that if Cambiasso decides not to stay the fans will think its because we sacked Pearson, or because of Ranieri etc etc.  They put this "plea" out into the open and he doesn't sign for an extra year, then to fans it looks like we did everything we could.  

They have only done this IMO to cover their own arses with the fans if he doesn't sign.

Its probably exactly as they say it is.  They aren't stupid.  They will know that if Cambiasso decides not to stay the fans will think its because we sacked Pearson, or because of Ranieri etc etc.  They put this "plea" out into the open and he doesn't sign for an extra year, then to fans it looks like we did everything we could.  

They have only done this IMO to cover their own arses with the fans if he doesn't sign.

Yeah, i agree with this!

Guest bss9401

For an Italian to say we all (Leicester) love you to an Argentine is just speaking their language. The English translation would be 'we rather like you old bean'. Desperate my ass! Well played Claudio. Just get the procrastinating, bald headed, lovable person to sign the contract.

Rainieri won't be doing the contract negotiations and EC will know that. Rainieri is simply piling on the pressure and letting him know he's wanted by all. It's the right thing to say imo

Agree, it cannot seeing it doing any harm. People are over thinking and making things sound more complicated than they really are.

For an Italian to say we all (Leicester) love you to an Argentine is just speaking their language. The English translation would be 'we rather like you old bean'. Desperate my ass! Well played Claudio. Just get the procrastinating, bald headed, lovable person to sign the contract.

lol

Yeah, if you hear fans in Argentina sing songs for their team, everything is all "cada dia te quiero mas," "mi corazon," "es un sentimiento no puedo parar," etc. 

lol

Yeah, if you hear fans in Argentina sing songs for their team, everything is all "cada dia te quiero mas," "mi corazon," "es un sentimiento no puedo parar," etc. 

Quite right! So, on that note, Esteban.....

While you're at it, you could waive the signing-on fee, hijo mio..... Stay free.

Archived