Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

1 hour ago, LegendOfJoe said:

ITK - this is happening.

Dad just told me the property company he works for has agreed plans for around about a 10,000 extension at the KP - works for the company thats building Tottenham new stadium

:scarf:

Did he tell you that when he was tucking you in last night?

1 hour ago, LegendOfJoe said:

ITK - this is happening.

Dad just told me the property company he works for has agreed plans for around about a 10,000 extension at the KP - works for the company thats building Tottenham new stadium

:scarf:

Great, but hope there's plans for additional car parking spaces to meet the demands though.

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Great, but hope there's plans for additional car parking spaces to meet the demands though.

I'm sure I've read that they're turning the land adjacent to the east stand into a car park. Traffic would get worse though, they might need to do something about it.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm sure I've read that they're turning the land adjacent to the east stand into a car park. Traffic would get worse though, they might need to do something about it.

I heard that piece of land was going to be food outlets including a McDonald's..

Any expansion is going to be strange initially but this topic has been much discussed over the past 3-5 years that it is quite necessary now.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I heard that piece of land was going to be food outlets including a McDonald's..

Any expansion is going to be strange initially but this topic has been much discussed over the past 3-5 years that it is quite necessary now.

A couple of food outlets and a bar would be decent, as long as they don't overdo it.

Us having a big ground will be pretty strange. I'm intrigued to see what it will look like, especially from Raw Dykes Road- 10,000 extra seats will make the east stand enormous! 

Guest CityFan 06

Can imagine the East Stand will look impressive, if done right. Personally feel an expansion would look even better however, if two stands were expanded; North Stand and Kop would be very good. 

I won't lie - this does excite me. I just hope we don't mess it up and end up with something that looks terrible. 

If Milan had still been here then I think the chances are it would have be done poorly and cheaply - but I've got full faith that our owners will do it well. 

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The original plans for development at Freeman's Wharf included fast food retail outlets. That was dismissed due to a covenant precluding such use of the land which, i believe can only be used for recreational sporting activity. This is why Morrisons, who wanted to originally develop the site, were refused permission dispite an appeal to the House of Lords. I'm not sure if the land in question alongside Raw Dykes Road is subject to that covenant.

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

We are massive... :)

I'm struggling to get my head around us potentially filling a 42,000 stadium week in, week out.

Perhaps I'm still living in the 80's but it doesn't seem that long ago we were only getting 15/16k attendances in the old 2nd division.

I know times have changed and football is big business now, but I can't quite believe we'll end up with a ground that size.

If it goes ahead, we'll have changed beyond recognition from the old Filbert Street days.

I'm excited about the prospect, but also in a bit of denial I think :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm struggling to get my head around us potentially filling a 42,000 stadium week in, week out.

Perhaps I'm still living in the 80's but it doesn't seem that long ago we were only getting 15/16k attendances in the old 2nd division.

I know times have changed and football is big business now, but I can't quite believe we'll end up with a ground that size.

If it goes ahead, we'll have changed beyond recognition from the old Filbert Street days.

We used to have big crowds at old Filbert St in the 60s. True they were mostly City residents then many turning up on bikes but the population of the city and county has grown massively since then.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

We used to have big crowds at old Filbert St in the 60s. True they were mostly City residents then many turning up on bikes but the population of the city and county has grown massively since then.

Aye, you're right of course.

I started going in the early 80's when we were shite and I think the most I ever saw down Filbo was about 26k.

The thought of us potentially getting 42k on a regular basis blows me away a little bit tbh...

I was locked out with nigh on 40k inside when we beat MU  4-3 Easter 1963.

Incidently we'd played them at OT the day before which we drew 2-2.

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Believe me mate, in our current premier league status they are already sold. True, the Div 1 relegation disgrace did us no favours.

Archived