Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I was locked out with nigh on 40k inside when we beat MU  4-3 Easter 1963.

Incidently we'd played them at OT the day before which we drew 2-2.

My Dad took me to that match, one of the few I have vague memories of. I was 9, and remember the excitement of the atmosphere and the crush. The old joke was that you could take your feet off the floor. Denis law with the bicycle kick goal. Must have been my first match I think.

Would just be the East Stand now from my understanding however there is plans for it to look something similar to Old Trafford albeit a smaller version. Our new expansion will include a lot of corporate facilities as well. My only concern is that the roof on the expansion needs to join the current roof, see old Trafford pre expansion, elland road etc. 

Also, soon we should own the hotel at the ground due to the Hilton shutting down at Fosse Park, which should see the hotel on the ground be something like The Hilton at the King Power(so I'm told). 

36 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Would just be the East Stand now from my understanding however there is plans for it to look something similar to Old Trafford albeit a smaller version. Our new expansion will include a lot of corporate facilities as well. My only concern is that the roof on the expansion needs to join the current roof, see old Trafford pre expansion, elland road etc. 

Also, soon we should own the hotel at the ground due to the Hilton shutting down at Fosse Park, which should see the hotel on the ground be something like The Hilton at the King Power(so I'm told). 

Is it definitely (according to what you know) an expansion of 10k though? If so - thats an increase of a third which is an awful lot to attach onto the top of just the east stand? 

5 hours ago, thybluefox said:

Is it definitely (according to what you know) an expansion of 10k though? If so - thats an increase of a third which is an awful lot to attach onto the top of just the east stand? 

It's not that many if you look at it to be honest. It's only another East Stand on top of its self. I think elland road is around 10k top tier or atleast it was.

Expanding / removing three sides should be straight forward as there isn't a lot in the way of structure there already. The West stand on the other hand would be an issue as it houses practically everything from offices and corporate through to power distribution, comms room, etc.

im sure the owners are looking at something special over a ten year period which would be a massive statement, unique and the envy of those in the league in regard to match day experience and supporter / corporate facilities. These guys have never done anything by halves and sticking another concrete slab on the East stand just doesn't seem to be their style, if it was they would have done it by now.

Makes you appreciate the owners more in, in what they've achieved here for both the club and supporters. Should be very appreciated by most really.

This, obviously, certainly wouldn't have happened 10 years ago or under Mandaric not too long ago.

21 hours ago, mullet said:

It would probably mean bringing it round both corners a little (Kop and family) 

I doubt it. I think that would mean the seats in either end of the expansion would have a restricted view. It'll probably be just the East stand and not either corner.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I  hope they've considered the posibility of uneathing Roman remains of national importance if the diggers move into that area. Could be a show stopper.

Mate Claudio left for France we did not do away with him.

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:56, Great Boos Up said:

Believe me mate, in our current premier league status they are already sold. True, the Div 1 relegation disgrace did us no favours.

Izzy was not talking about our lowest league position. I can remember 11/12k in what is now the championship.

But I disagree with Izzy we could nearly fill 42k now. Times have moved on we don't have running battles and get showered with coins and batteries.

But in the day (so they call it) the bigger crowds were the clubs trouble was expected at.

Thankfully times have changed.

55 minutes ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

It'll be a shame if they are just doing the east stand. I'd absolutely love a double tiered kop, something like what they did at Molineux if possible:

Aq8AhTICEAAYvju.jpg

It's a nice stand. I've got no idea why they didn't just fill the corners in, instead of replacing a whole stand, though. Would have been way more efficient.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

It's a nice stand. I've got no idea why they didn't just fill the corners in, instead of replacing a whole stand, though. Would have been way more efficient.

I believe they had plan to rebuild pretty much the whole stadium in the style of that stand, taking the capacity up to near 60,000. Crazy talk considering they had rebuilt the ground over the previous 25 years.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

The idea at the time was to continue it around for the three sides, so from there around that right corner, along where the away fans are now put and back along the other goal end.

Then they got relegated and the build was put on hold.

That's why the right end of that roof looks unfinished.

ETA. Beaten to it above me! ^^^^

Archived