Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

4 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

I suspect it will be 6k on top of the east stand plus boxes, and then 2k a piece on top of the south and north stands.

More if the capacity is expected to be higher than 42k.

It'd be much more expensive to have three stands extended rather than just the east stand

I doubt the Family Stand would be expanded, as any expansion of it would leave the stand quite dangerously close to the road (from fans about to enter and exiting the stand, etc).

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I doubt the Family Stand would be expanded, as any expansion of it would leave the stand quite dangerously close to the road (from fans about to enter and exiting the stand, etc).

Think the road would be moved slightly if that was an issue. Sure it would be fine 

They'd have to buy Bristol St Motors to stand any chance of moving the road,

Even the East Stand will b tight if the haven't got hold of the National Grid building

KP.jpg

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

To paraphrase Clint Eastwood there are two kind of clubs in the Premier League.

Those with 40,000+ stadiums who plan to be a permanent fixture in the league and those with sub 40,000 who are hanging around until there time is up.

Like newcastle utd and sunderland you mean?

9 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Like newcastle utd and sunderland you mean?

Here's a list of PL teams with stadiums smaller than ours:

Bournemouth

Brighton

Burnley

Crystal Palace

Huddersfield

Stoke

Swansea

Watford

West Brom

All of those clubs you would expect to be probably relegated in the next decade. Whilst stadium size isn't the be all and end all there is a correlation between attendances and success in professional football. For £25m it's a no brainer considering we would probably fill it and £25m only buys you a decent player nowadays.

A bigger stadium and attendances isn't just a financial or vanity thing as 10,000 extra fans per season isn't that significant in revenue but it does put the club on a status of next level which can increase sponsorship deals and a perceived bigger standing in the game.

I think it's important we try and compete with the West Ham, Newcastle, Everton type clubs long term which are clubs you would expect to bed themselves in as top half clubs or mid table at worst.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Here's a list of PL teams with stadiums smaller than ours:

Bournemouth

Brighton

Burnley

Crystal Palace

Huddersfield

Stoke

Swansea

Watford

West Brom

All of those clubs you would expect to be probably relegated in the next decade. Whilst stadium size isn't the be all and end all there is a correlation between attendances and success in professional football. For £25m it's a no brainer considering we would probably fill it and £25m only buys you a decent player nowadays.

A bigger stadium and attendances isn't just a financial or vanity thing as 10,000 extra fans per season isn't that significant in revenue but it does put the club on a status of next level which can increase sponsorship deals and a perceived bigger standing in the game.

I think it's important we try and compete with the West Ham, Newcastle, Everton type clubs long term which are clubs you would expect to bed themselves in as top half clubs or mid table at worst.

Huddersfield, Swansea and Watford yes.

The others have serious money and some are established premiership teams who have the cash flow and money in the rainy day fund to stave off the threat of relegation.

40 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thought the club agreed a deal with National Grid over purchasing their land, and someone on here mentioned this not long ago?

It was Ashley I think no disrespect to him but until the club announce something all 'rumours' are open to doubt

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

I suspect it will be 6k on top of the east stand plus boxes, and then 2k a piece on top of the south and north stands.

More if the capacity is expected to be higher than 42k.

http://IMG_7407.jpg

expecting somthing along these lines 

3 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

http://IMG_7407.jpg

expecting somthing along these lines 

Is that the awful stand where at the back it's like watching the game through a letter box.

Whatever they come up with I'm certain it will be Top notch these guys don't do things by half 

28 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Huddersfield, Swansea and Watford yes.

The others have serious money and some are established premiership teams who have the cash flow and money in the rainy day fund to stave off the threat of relegation.

Well if only "Huddersfield, Swansea and Watford"  are in danger of relegation which of the teams with bigger stadiums than us are going to get relegated in the near future?

Arsenal

Chelsea

Everton

Liverpool 

Manchester City

Manchester United

Newcastle

Southampton

Tottenham

West Ham

Archived