Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Spend all the money on players, scouting, development. Must consolidate gains on the field with consistent top 10 EPL finishes, slowly growing the status of the club.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

They're too different budgets money relating to players is subject too FFP infrastructure isn't.

I heard from a contractor that I know that that was definitely the plan. Bars, food places, another club shop and outside heated areas, and all the bands/entertainment etc that's currently placed outside the current club shop corner!

That'd be amazing. Just need to find some mates now!

Think they would dip the roof, sun will be directly in their eyes in that stand, though the view across the canal and the rest of Leicester would be nice, remember during poor matches sitting in the Carling or double decker and just looking out over the city instead of scarey Carey making a muddle of things on the park.

I think you're probably right, especially with the East stand being half-south facing. I've altered my images to see what a dipped roof would look like.

kpexpansion1b_zpsppho3ymt.jpg

kpexpansion2b_zpsnpq6kjef.jpg

kpexpansion3b_zpsjtkffex2.jpg

I agree with the view that any expansion needs to be done in balance with investing in the playing squad and out-of-the-ground facilities, but to really compete long term in the top half of the league the club needs alternative revenue streams aside from every other Saturday matches! ... Leisure & shopping 7 days a weeks, 5 star hotel facilities to support visits to the city and not just the matches. Anything that makes the ground and facilities work harder is a winner all round ... more jobs, more income and a higher and more glamorous image.

I am led to believe that we can expand the East Stand by 10k and the KOP by 5k. I wasn't aware of the capability to expand the KOP side of the stadium but that's what I have been told :-o

If this is the case then I would say to expand one stand first would be a sensible idea but then I don't know the practicalities & costs of doing them separately as opposed to getting all it done in one go? 

I am led to believe that we can expand the East Stand by 10k and the KOP by 5k. I wasn't aware of the capability to expand the KOP side of the stadium but that's what I have been told :-o

If this is the case then I would say to expand one stand first would be a sensible idea but then I don't know the practicalities & costs of doing them separately as opposed to getting all it done in one go? 

I can believe that. There's plenty of space behind the East stand and Kop to build on. The Family stand is pretty close to the road - that causes a bit of a problem, and there's not much space in front of the West stand, either. It's also the main building and that would make it more expensive to expand.

I think the club might be wise to do one stand at a time to see whether the stadium still fills up on matchdays before committing to further expansion. If expanding the East stand takes the capacity up to 40-42k, then that might well be enough when it's completed. Doing the Kop at the same time might just give us 5k empty seats each match.

Guest CityFan 06

I feel that a fans village would be a step in the right direction for the club, as well as an expansion of the stadium. It sounds as if the fans village could be completed first, which is a still a positive development. 

What the hell is a fan's village?

A village that belongs to the fans

Seriously, though, I think it will be something like a place for fans to be at before during and after a game. Man United had something similar, but it was a bit shit. it might be better now - I don't live in the UK anymore. 

Fond these in the Leicester City Planning Department

image1_zpsbshlttge.jpgImage2_zpsflrgmdlm.jpg

Seemingly the only plans submitted relate December 2014 and just to clear up the land which I believe was before it was up for sale.

Although my son tells me his mate is working on the site to prepare it for a fans village and that they hope to start expanding the stadium June 2017.

There doesn't appear to be any plans submitted for either of these but it fits in with other people's 'rumours'

Then again my lads renowned for winding me up.

Archived