Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Leicester have not brought the National Grid Refurbish Centre, they have asked to buy it but have been told it's not for sale.

I work there and we heard a couple of weeks ago

Hopefully they will sell it eventually though?

We need a bigger stadium

Pretty please

Leicester have not brought the National Grid Refurbish Centre, they have asked to buy it but have been told it's not for sale.

Well that's it! I'm not using any more electricity!

Anybody know where I can get a couple of generators and 12,000 batteries?

Just what I've been told by someone very high up at the club, maybe he was telling porkies 

If the Grid has been purchased, it would've been announced in the Leicester Mercury and/or the OS straightaway imo.

Perhaps they're still negotiating to get the best deal for both the business and club.

If the Grid has been purchased, it would've been announced in the Leicester Mercury and/or the OS straightaway imo.

Perhaps they're still negotiating to get the best deal for both the business and club.

Or perhaps they've bought it and national grid are keeping it quiet from the people who work there.

Its possible he was referring to the land on the other side maybe? Either way if the club have purchased that part they are going to want it all, its only a matter of time if it hasn't already happened I think 

Or perhaps they've bought it and national grid are keeping it quiet from the people who work there.

Aye, probably.

Depends on what's more important to them - keeping a loyal workforce or cash in.

Tottenham had a similar problem for 7 years with their redevelopment, they were trying to obtain a compulsory purchase order for a business next to White Hart Lane, in the end someone just burnt it down 

Haven't they just spent money on it as well.

Remember the Co-Op Department Store on the High Street? There were rumours about that being sold to make way for a huge shopping development. We had a bit meeting of all the staff, management denied it saying It'll never happen.

The Co-Op then redecorated the whole store. New uniforms for all the staff. New signs and logos. Refurbished canteen. Then they sold it, bulldozed the site and The Shires was built.

It was all a huge scam to get more money from the Shires developers so whenever a site could be developed and the current owners spend any money on it, I pretty much guarantee that they will sell.

I can see Top now dressed in black from head to toe skulking around the building at the dead of night with a petrol can and box of matches.

You mean like Daniel Levy did? ;)

Its possible he was referring to the land on the other side maybe? Either way if the club have purchased that part they are going to want it all, its only a matter of time if it hasn't already happened I think

I hope so

We need to sort something sharpish

Remember the Co-Op Department Store on the High Street? There were rumours about that being sold to make way for a huge shopping development. We had a bit meeting of all the staff, management denied it saying It'll never happen.

The Co-Op then redecorated the whole store. New uniforms for all the staff. New signs and logos. Refurbished canteen. Then they sold it, bulldozed the site and The Shires was built.

It was all a huge scam to get more money from the Shires developers so whenever a site could be developed and the current owners spend any money on it, I pretty much guarantee that they will sell.

Makes it look like its loosing money.

A source of mine said around a year ago that the owners want to purchase the Holiday Inn on St. Nicholas Circle, and make it more luxiorious for their business partners/colleagues and their native guests to stay in. As it's central city and convenient.

The hotel apparently has a helicopter pad at the top, used for emergency use, something that they want.

They thought about buying the one next to the ground, but thought it was too small and the manager there wanted it to be just a place for visiting supporters on matchdays.

Let me tell you one thing - no ****er is landing a helicopter on this roof. 

post-5868-0-25504500-1463993465_thumb.pn

Just a little update for everyone on this, the plan is no longer to have the family stand and east stand expanded its due to be the east stand only with an additional capacity of 15,000 taking the capacity to around 47,000 depending on the match day restrictions. The land has been purchased by the club behind the east stand as many of you will have probably guessed from the activities put on before the Everton match. I think there is a little concern planning will not be granted due the impact around the ground on traffic etc. If this does become a big issue then I would expect thats when the owners will be looking at the possibility of relocating

Sounds immense....but I just can't get my head around the East Stand holding 23000 people. That's more than Filbert St and the Carling Stand alone was huge. You're talking about a stand not far off the size of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand at Old Trafford which holds 25k. That thing is gigantic. 

I know you're just passing on what you've been told, but I can't see it. Maybe they meant they'll take the capacity of the ES from 8k to 15k?

Let me tell you one thing - no ****er is landing a helicopter on this roof. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-05-23 at 09.45.08.png

Sounds immense....but I just can't get my head around the East Stand holding 23000 people. That's more than Filbert St and the Carling Stand alone was huge. You're talking about a stand not far off the size of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand at Old Trafford which holds 25k. That thing is gigantic. 

I know you're just passing on what you've been told, but I can't see it. Maybe they meant they'll take the capacity of the ES from 8k to 15k?

Yeah I completely agree with both parts no helicopter is landing on that roof and 22,000 sounds far too big, I thought the same when I heard it but at the same time when you think about it if the owners want to expand as large as possible with as little disruption as possible then that would be the answer. It would have to be a 3 tier stand to meet that capacity realistically I think! 

For example 25,000 is the size of the north stand at Old Trafford, maybe it'll incorporate the corners maybe? Be interesting to see what happens but somethings got to be happening soon 

Fans are there to create an atmosphere, which is done pretty well at the KP. Its well documented that a premier club can survive without money taken at the turnstile.

I'm not against a bigger stadium but if the plastics had been around prior to the building of the Walkers I'm sure it would of been built bigger.

I had a seat to die for at Filbert street, I now sit in a zoo with just an ok view. I don't really fancy sitting further away from the pitch to accommodate 'supporters' who would drop the club as fast as they found their life time fan status.

Make it all season ticket now IMO but all new season tickets 5 -10 years to test commitment.

Fans are there to create an atmosphere, which is done pretty well at the KP. Its well documented that a premier club can survive without money taken at the turnstile.

I'm not against a bigger stadium but if the plastics had been around prior to the building of the Walkers I'm sure it would of been built bigger.

I had a seat to die for at Filbert street, I now sit in a zoo with just an ok view. I don't really fancy sitting further away from the pitch to accommodate 'supporters' who would drop the club as fast as they found their life time fan status.

Make it all season ticket now IMO but all new season tickets 5 -10 years to test commitment.

I love how big you can get those brushes for tar nowadays.

Archived