Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

I thought it was 10k to 12k (tops) extra ....    are you sure about this ?

Yeah thats what I've been told, the difference between 12,000 and 15,000 structurally isn't a great deal particularly on a main stand 

A source of mine said around a year ago that the owners want to purchase the Holiday Inn on St. Nicholas Circle, and make it more luxiorious for their business partners/colleagues and their native guests to stay in. As it's central city and convenient.

The hotel apparently has a helicopter pad at the top, used for emergency use, something that they want.

They thought about buying the one next to the ground, but thought it was too small and the manager there wanted it to be just a place for visiting supporters on matchdays.

That was it, well they do hotels in Thailand so wouldn't be a stretch.

Thought I read ages ago the council wanted rid of the hotel as wanted to use the land to tie the city in to the river down there and have a marina type area.

Could be an interesting decade for the city in general. Can see lots more investment coming In different areas we might finally step out of the shadows.

A source of mine said around a year ago that the owners want to purchase the Holiday Inn on St. Nicholas Circle, and make it more luxiorious for their business partners/colleagues and their native guests to stay in. As it's central city and convenient.

The hotel apparently has a helicopter pad at the top, used for emergency use, something that they want.

They thought about buying the one next to the ground, but thought it was too small and the manager there wanted it to be just a place for visiting supporters on matchdays.

Screen_Shot_2016_05_20_at_18_01_18.png

Yes, the square area inside the white ball objects.

Well it couldn't get any worse I've stayed their regularly for over 20 years now, back in the 90s it was a really nice hotel now its the pits 

I think we will expand the KP to around 40k, the 2 mill donated by the owners to the hospital although extremely generous could be seen as a bit of a sweetener with regards to the planning application being passed

I doubt that there would be any serious objections to an increase from the planning department - top level sport is regarded as being highly important to the city

Guest CityFan 06

Sorry if this sounds obvious as I think I've misunderstood, but does this mean that the club would of wanted to expand the East Stand with much more than 15k seats? I thought 10k was the plan to start with anyway, with the additional tier taking the stadium's capacity to 42k? Personally I think the Kop is ideal for expansion, a double decker kop ;)    

Sorry if this sounds obvious as I think I've misunderstood, but does this mean that the club would of wanted to expand the East Stand with much more than 15k seats? I thought 10k was the plan to start with anyway, with the additional tier taking the stadium's capacity to 42k? Personally I think the Kop is ideal for expansion, a double decker kop ;)    

I don't know exactly why the change although it came across that the acquired land behind the east stand may be allowing them to expand backwards further than originally planned, also lets not forget the previous design was made when we had just escaped relegation. I'm sure with the success of this season would have easily broadened the owners future plans for expansion significantly  

I don't know exactly why the change although it came across that acquired land behind the east stand may be allowing them to expand backwards further than originally planned, also lets not forget the previous design was made when we had just escaped relegation. I'm sure with the success of this season would have easily broadened the owners future plans for expansion significantly

47000 would be a good sort of amount for out steady continual growth for now

Hope this is a genuine option in fairness

I don't know exactly why the change although it came across that acquired land behind the east stand may be allowing them to expand backwards further than originally planned, also lets not forget the previous design was made when we had just escaped relegation. I'm sure with the success of this season would have easily broadened the owners future plans for expansion significantly  

Knowing the Thai's and their business pedigree , A whole new stand with executive boxes and the like wouldn't surprise me.

Guest CityFan 06

Good to hear that the pedigree and ambition of the owners is so good. Whether it's 40k or 45k, it still shows they have genuine ambition for the club to develop.

Surely the National Grid Refurbishment Centre will prevent anything too large from being built on the East Stand unless of course they've bought that as well.

Surely the National Grid Refurbishment Centre will prevent anything too large from being built on the East Stand unless of course they've bought that as well.

Yeah all of it apparently, the previous design would not have required that to have gone I wouldn't have thought 

We'd sell out 47000 next week

Exactly the way things are currently going we would sell out several games. Man Utd have already said if they win the FA Cup they won't have a victory parade I reckon they wouldn't want it to be compared to ours 

Just a little update for everyone on this, the plan is no longer to have the family stand and east stand expanded its due to be the east stand only with an additional capacity of 15,000 taking the capacity to around 47,000 depending on the match day restrictions. The land has been purchased by the club behind the east stand as many of you will have probably guessed from the activities put on before the Everton match. I think there is a little concern planning will not be granted due the impact around the ground on traffic etc. If this does become a big issue then I would expect thats when the owners will be looking at the possibility of relocating

When you say "plan", whose plan is it? Anything official, or reliable source?. Adding 15,000 to one side seems like it would be an absolutely massive stand. You're talking almost half the existing capacity and adding it to one side?

When you say "plan", whose plan is it? Anything official, or reliable source?. Adding 15,000 to one side seems like it would be an absolutely massive stand. You're talking almost half the existing capacity and adding it to one side?

Yeah. I reckon the east and west stands hold about 8k each, so adding 15k to one would triple the size of it. It would be a towering structure. Might be good. Probably unique.

Archived