Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

• 1 month later...

Undercover Sky News investigation learns that Islamic State trying to get UK-based members to attack in UK, via 'lone wolf' strategy...

http://news.sky.com/story/1533617/exclusive-is-bombers-in-uk-ready-to-attack

There will be a chance that many will escape our net and kill many innocent people. What is disturbing are the sympathisers of IS in this nation, it really is quite shocking

At what point do western countries say we are shutting down the borders to contain from within.

Even if they do, would it matter or have any effect?

Nope. In fact we seem to be the country exporting the most at the moment. I wonder if the Syrian version of the Express moans about Brits coming over here blowing themselves up....

Of the scores of terrorist attacks I've ever read of I can't remember one case where the attackers were not known to security services. In many cases they had actually had contact with security services.

So maybe if we spent less time and money spying on every single citizen in the country and concentrated the efforts on actual suspicious individuals and groups the country would be much safer.

Just a scare story. :rolleyes:

Probably. Weapons are so readily available that terrorists have no shortage of opportunity. 

Anybody with a container can buy as much petrol as they so desire, without security checks. You can read how to make home-made bombs using household goods in newspaper internet archives. You can get hold of grenades and guns almost anywhere in the country if you really want them. And so on.

If there were terrorist cells all over the place then I think that attacks would be happening every week and everywjere, purely because of the availability of equipment, and the abundance of misguided goons. All terrorist cells I know of also have suspicious relationships with security services, which makes it seem to me that they follow orders otherwise I believe we'd see attacks more often.

I blamed both.

Only cognitive dissonance or ignorance could cause someone to not realise that security services from France, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Nigeria, the USA, the UK and countless more places are involved in terrorism and also in recruiting terrorists. A small group of people in security services are without doubt involved. It's not like there's a lack of evidence of that. I'm sure you could find documents for every year since WW2 that show this.

It helps to start new wars, which economies like the US's depend on, it helps to creep in new laws and it helps secure constant and larger budgets for the security services.

Instead of showing slight ridicule towards my comments why not explain why you know that security services aren't involved? Maybe you could convince me. 

• Like 1

I blamed both.

Only cognitive dissonance or ignorance could cause someone to not realise that security services from France, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Nigeria, the USA, the UK and countless more places are involved in terrorism and also in recruiting terrorists. A small group of people in security services are without doubt involved. It's not like there's a lack of evidence of that. I'm sure you could find documents for every year since WW2 that show this.

It helps to start new wars, which economies like the US's depend on, it helps to creep in new laws and it helps secure constant and larger budgets for the security services.

Instead of showing slight ridicule towards my comments why not explain why you know that security services aren't involved? Maybe you could convince me.

You made the outrageous claim. You back it up.

9/11.

7/7.

Bali.

Madrid.

All done in cahoots with Security services, eh?

It's not as if you don't have form for tinfoil hattedness within the forum.

Maybe the security service you blame most is Mossad, or perhaps we shouldn't go down THAT road again, as you might expose some of the vile antisemitism you have been guilty of previously to some of our newer posters who missed it the first 3 or 4 times.

I await the inevitable links to some 3 hour long "the lizards did it" YouTube clips....

• Like 2

You made the outrageous claim. You back it up.

9/11.

7/7.

Bali.

Madrid.

All done in cahoots with Security services, eh?

It's not as if you don't have form for tinfoil hattedness within the forum.

Maybe the security service you blame most is Mossad, or perhaps we shouldn't go down THAT road again, as you might expose some of the vile antisemitism you have been guilty of previously to some of our newer posters who missed it the first 3 or 4 times.

I await the inevitable links to some 3 hour long "the lizards did it" YouTube clips....

Don't forget the moon.

Of the scores of terrorist attacks I've ever read of I can't remember one case where the attackers were not known to security services. In many cases they had actually had contact with security services.

So maybe if we spent less time and money spying on every single citizen in the country and concentrated the efforts on actual suspicious individuals and groups the country would be much safer.

Good theory sir.....may i just point out a slight problem?

If you don't spy on every single citizen....how can you tell who is and isn't suspicious??

Maybe we should have a 'racial stereotype' screening, as the sort of 'entry point' for a suspicious individual???

Guest MattP

Of course ISIS have sent people here, they did tell us they were going to do it.

From a thread a saw a few months back some people were ok with anyway,

With the amount of local police cuts everywhere, it'd be virtually impossible for local police to keep tabs on those suspected of being in such terrorist organizations.

I couldn't believe my eyes (watching TV) when some bloke walked nearby parliament wearing a IS flag, without getting done for it...

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest MattP

The police can't keep tabs on these people with unlimited funds let alone a country that still borrows to keep it's public services going, we could be talking 3,000 people who need to be watched 24/7, it's not going to happen.

Our only hope is the Islamic community itself tackling the problem, they are the ones who we need to be able to stop it and to keep pushing people like the wonderful Majid Nawaz into the spotlight.

Edited by MattP

It's even worse when Cameron pleads to everyone he'll sort it out, like he said with tackling the migrant crisis problem and nothing much has changed on that front has it?

Edited by Wymeswold fox