Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

I was listening to 5Live on the drive home on Friday, so it was just before 6pm, and they were obviously talking about the day events in Tunisia, France and Kuwait. They got one guy on to talk about the Kuwait explosion and proceeded to play mobile phone audio of the moment the bomb went off. Why? How did that help? Did I really need to hear the moment all those people got blown to pieces? It was on Radio, so they couldn't even claim to be showing pictures to reveal what happened. It was basically 30 seconds of listening to people dying. The news has become some kind of gore fest, with presenters seeming to take pleasure out of showing you pointless pictures and playing you needless audio in some kind of competition of who can show you the most blood and guts for no reason. I understand the reason to show harrowing pictures at times, but it just seems like they take every opportunity.

Exactly.

I think it was either the express or mail this morning went with 'attack highly likely at wimbledon' but when you actually read the article, the highly likely refers to the terrorist threat level which is currently severe as it has been for the past 5+ years and that the police are stepping up security at Wimbledon to reassure the public after last weeks events so it's so far from the headline it's unbelievable. 

Tobe fair its quite easy to think of attacks to commit if you were that way inclined.

Down London we twist our windscreen washer jets to squirt outwards at red lighting cyclists.

I'm assuming you could easily put some sort of nerve agent in it instead of water

thats probably more difficult and expensive than gunning multiple people down

Tobe fair its quite easy to think of attacks to commit if you were that way inclined.

Down London we twist our windscreen washer jets to squirt outwards at red lighting cyclists.

I'm assuming you could easily put some sort of nerve agent in it instead of water

That is genius.

Get on the phone to ISIS head office now. A man's gotta make a living after all.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/01/muslim-children-enemy-radicalisation?CMP=fb_cif

An interesting debate (ignoring the fact it's Owen J*nes). Tackling extremism vs freedom of speech. A very modern British dilemma.

Actually he makes some good points that I agree with. And re an earlier post about a poll Jones has said a similar thing. Although may object to the drawings it does not mean they supported the act and the questionaire did not allow them to fully say that.

Jones is saying the children should be free to discuss the subject without feeling they will be stigmatised.

Edited by Rincewind

Is this a general terrorist attack thread or just focussing on the Tunisian atrocities?

If it's a general one, this should go in here. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/30/fire-crews-battling-a-blaze-at-historic-black-church-near-charleston

Sixth one in as many days. I think that probably qualifies as domestic terrorism.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

Guest ttfn

Following the tragic events in Souse last week, I get the feeling that these nutcases would love to do something spectacular like attack a Premier league game or games. Security needs to be stepped up at the King Power , along with other grounds, including searching bags. All it would take is one nutcase with a handgun. I don't want to be a scaremonger but eternal vigilance is the price we pay for safety. Thoughts?

The security at football matches is atrocious, particularly when you'll rarely get a scenario where 20,000+ people are all crammed so closely together.

The security at football matches is atrocious, particularly when you'll rarely get a scenario where 20,000+ people are all crammed so closely together.

You could police the threat inside the stadium but there is no way you could manage it outside. 30,000 people streaming out of a stadium in the same direction.

ITV News

Woman arrested in Staffordshire for belonging to Islamic State

A 26-year-old woman from Staffordshire has been charged with inciting terrorism on social media and being a member of the terrorist group Islamic State, West Midlands Police said.

I've always thought this. A scarily easy target that I'm surprised they haven't taken advantage of. 

Mind posting a link? 

Wouldn't be surprised seeing as they're Muslim anyway. 

What an odd thing to say; of course they would be muslims.

Joining ISIS is kind of a giveaway.

There will be quite a few Mkslims  that would  not regard them as muslims  in the same way  a lot of Christians would not regard the  anti-gay  marriage Christians as real Christians.

There will be quite a few Mkslims  that would  not regard them as muslims  in the same way  a lot of Christians would not regard the  anti-gay  marriage Christians as real Christians.

Except Christians who stick by orthodox marriage traditions are actually going by the book. 

Edited by 1993fox