Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

We can rather expect there'll probably (hopefully not, obviously) be a fair amount of 'small' attacks occurring in short time periods in the future - rather than a huge attack at a railway station or another 9/11.

Security at these public, busy, places are very, very stepped up now.

Like someone said on here, it'll be very hard for police to stop mentally-retarded (probably not the correct term) citizens from going onto some street and randomly attacking others around them in extreme form like decapitation.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Ahhh there it is.  This is all our fault isn't it?  These wack-jobs could literally do ANYTHING and you would still look in the mirror and blame yourself wouldn't you?  lol

Did I say that?

Anyway  I'll bow out so I am not misunderstood even more. Others have argued better than me so they get plusses. :)

Edited by Rincewind

The poll was done like all others, (it's all online so take a look) a 50-50 split between male and female, ages split between 18-34, 35-44 & 45+, and regions split between the north, midlands and south).

Just like how a chef can judge a large bowl of soup just by sipping one spoonful, as long as the soup is stirred, one sip is fine to find out how it tastes.

But if the soup is tomato and the chef has a dislike for tomatoes he will not taste more than a sip anyway and conclude the rest tastes just as foul. :)

You don't think terrorists are going to go through what those Africans are going through to get into Europe really do you?

Think it through man before your prejudices take control of you.

You should be a little worried. Turkey is a really soft target. One of the easiest places to attack in the world.

You'll be surprised by how many members of the religion of peace think alike. 

Having been to seminars held by various Islamic Societies across Midland unis, I was shocked by how many young students of the religion of peace held views that strongly support a segregated society.

Remember that the IS aim is to cause enough outrage for the western public to force their government to start a ground offensive in Iraq and Syria. The people who are saying "let's send the SAS in" and "let's wipe them out" is the exact response that they want. All these Hollywood 1080P videos of terror are carefully planned for one reason.

They hope that one more ground invasion will tip a lot of undecided people in the region to join with them. In reality, their claim that they will invade half of Europe and totally take Spain in the near future is complete propaganda, to stand any chance of making any inroad though would require NATO to invade and gamble that they could stand their ground from their new support. 

This war needs to be fought politically, admitting the errors of the past and moving forward with military action only when it can be guaranteed that IS support is dwindling. We can only hope that humanity realises this isn't the way forward. I do worry though if this left to carry on because they'll be generation born that will know no difference and the whole saga will be bench-marked. 

• Like 2

A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp."

Sad times. I cannot begin to imagine what those who have lost loved ones must be feeling.

Nevertheless, both ISIS, and our governments are playing to our fears and turning us against each other. That will ultimately lead to destruction unless we as people stand up to the lies and mistruths being spread by the Media, government and stupid people among us.

Edited by ozleicester

I understand how bad and tragic the situation in Tunisia is but the media really like to **** us up in the head don't they.

They have a reason to be.

An attack on Britons, mostly, so the need for increased security in certain places of the UK is a very adequate idea.

Just seen a friend of mine post this from Walsall FC

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/article/tunisia-tragedy-club-statement-2510585.aspx

Remembering supporters, Joel Richards, Adrian Evans and Charles 'Patrick' Evans...

THE WALSALL FC Family is in mourning following the tragic loss of three supporters in the Tunisia terror attacks on Friday. 

Joel Richards, Adrian Evans and Charles ‘Patrick’ Evans all lost their lives in the atrocity and the thoughts of everyone associated to Walsall Football Club go out to their family and friends at this most difficult of times. 

Joel was 19 years of age and a season-ticket holder. He was a budding referee and a student at the University of Worcester. His uncle, 49 year-old Adrian, who worked for Sandwell Council, was also a season-ticket holder here at Banks’s Stadium, whilst his father, Charles, 78, was a keen follower of the club and a great lover of football. 

Joel’s brother, Owen, 16, survived the attack and has displayed tremendous bravery and courage. 

The club will do everything it can to support the family at this very difficult time and tributes can be laid here at Banks’s Stadium up until Friday. 

It is at times like this when the football family really comes together and we have been overwhelmed by the messages of condolence that we have received from all around the World. 

That iconic image of the three men, along with Owen, enjoying our first-ever appearance at Wembley Stadium in March resonates with us all. 
It was a special moment that we all enjoyed together and now at this most devastating of times, we join together to offer strength and support.

Read more at http://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/article/tunisia-tragedy-club-statement-2510585.aspx#bfyVimTtZDbvvxxG.99

Edited by MikeyT

I understand how bad and tragic the situation in Tunisia is but the media really like to **** us up in the head don't they. 

I was listening to 5Live on the drive home on Friday, so it was just before 6pm, and they were obviously talking about the day events in Tunisia, France and Kuwait. They got one guy on to talk about the Kuwait explosion and proceeded to play mobile phone audio of the moment the bomb went off. Why? How did that help? Did I really need to hear the moment all those people got blown to pieces? It was on Radio, so they couldn't even claim to be showing pictures to reveal what happened. It was basically 30 seconds of listening to people dying. The news has become some kind of gore fest, with presenters seeming to take pleasure out of showing you pointless pictures and playing you needless audio in some kind of competition of who can show you the most blood and guts for no reason. I understand the reason to show harrowing pictures at times, but it just seems like they take every opportunity.

Following the tragic events in Souse last week, I get the feeling that these nutcases would love to do something spectacular like attack a Premier league game or games. Security needs to be stepped up at the King Power , along with other grounds, including  searching bags. All it would take is one nutcase with a handgun. I don't want to be a scaremonger but eternal vigilance is the price we pay for safety. Thoughts?