Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

The worry is some lunatic, who is avid about the group, might kill people in public here at any time - without any warnings at all.

Such as the guy who held people hostage inside a cafe in a busy city centre in Australia last year.

The worry is some lunatic, who is avid about the group, might kill people in public here at any time - without any warnings at all.

Such as the guy who held people hostage inside a cafe in a busy city centre in Australia last year.

As outstanding a job the security services have done in preventing attacks sadly it's only a matter of time before something happens here again.  As the murder of Lee Rigby showed, there's not a lot we can do about lone-wolf or small localised group attacks.

And considering the fact that police recruits are low due to budgets cuts...

Well I think counter-terror largely falls under the remit of MI5/MI6 & GCHQ but the head of MI5 has repeatedly warned that they simply cannot monitor every suspect, especially as the UK has a large, and increasing (over the past year more 'Brits' have joined ISIS than the military reserve), number of them.

Muslim hate has spillrd over to TV in Eastenders. The woman who is in it had he veil pulled off  and told 'go home terrorist'

These are small groups that may look larger because of the coverage. They do not represent the majority.

Muslim hate has spillrd over to TV in Eastenders. The woman who is in it had he veil pulled off and told 'go home terrorist'

These are small groups that may look larger because of the coverage. They do not represent the majority.

I assume that's where the plot line will eventually go.

Muslim hate has spillrd over to TV in Eastenders. The woman who is in it had he veil pulled off and told 'go home terrorist'

I've had that happen to me, many a time, it never made me want to blow people up, especially in the 80's when the Khalistani movement was going on

I've had that happen to me, many a time, it never made me want to blow people up, especially in the 80's when the Khalistani movement was going on

I was not saying that was the sole  reason and I said it was only a few. You obviously are one of the many who has his head screwed on right. The reason some people are influenced goes a lot deeper than racial abuse and is far too complex for me to understand which is why I try not to pigeon hole people.

As for generalisations of Islam, yes there is clearly an issue with how people interpret ideology (possibly just use it as an excuse to attack), but this is the minority. Don't fall into this 'religion of peace they said' nonsense that people come out with, these utter filth are not Muslims.

I am not so sure I agree. I worked for a very high profile Muslim for 5 years. Both he, his family and one employee who got close to me were clearly sympathisers. To the point of telling me that 9/11 and 7/7 were good things. I was "lucky" to find out how they thought as I was quite close to them. You wouldn't find out if you didn't know them well, so very few people would have found out the information that I did.

What percentage are sympathisers I don't know. I would like to think it is a minority, but this guy is extremely high profile and looked up to by the community.

I can't see this being rectified in our lifetime. We have allowed people into our country who have not come to embrace our way of life. It's such a great shame as other religions along with a good percentage of Muslims have integrated very well. But it is clear that a percentage of Muslims haven't and the threat will not go away. It will be a question of trying to contain it and ensure it doesn't boil over. The only way to get this right will be if the good Muslims face into the issue and weed out the bad ones.

I am not so sure I agree. I worked for a very high profile Muslim for 5 years. Both he, his family and one employee who got close to me were clearly sympathisers. To the point of telling me that 9/11 and 7/7 were good things. I was "lucky" to find out how they thought as I was quite close to them. You wouldn't find out if you didn't know them well, so very few people would have found out the information that I did.

What percentage are sympathisers I don't know. I would like to think it is a minority, but this guy is extremely high profile and looked up to by the community.

Please fill this out anonymously.

https://www.gov.uk/report-suspicious-activity-to-mi5

• Like 1

Ban the internet for those who are 'under the radar' from MI6, etc.

Think the internet is a very key/powerful thing for people to become radicalised.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

It infuriates me that with all that going on in the world,that terrorism isn't a part of Islam,that there's been no marches,protests etc by the so called anti terrorism communities condemning all that I.s are trying to achieve,

Idiots like the national front will be condemned because of there racist views by unite against fasism,yet there's no protest regarding i.s,Muslims etc,Muslims say it's not Islam what the terrorists are doing,yet don't rally round on let's say Hyde park to protest against them,I agree with some posts above in that the majority not the minority of Muslims support these actions and are happy to bite off the hand that's currently feeding them,

Not all Muslims are terrorists,

But all terrorists are Muslim at this moment in time and that's a fact.

Edited by Russell sprout

It infuriates me that with all that going on in the world,that terrorism isn't a part of Islam,that there's been no marches,protests etc by the so called anti terrorism communities condemning all that I.s are trying to achieve,

Idiots like the national front will be condemned because of there racist views by unite against fasism,yet there's no protest regarding i.s,Muslims etc,Muslims say it's not Islam what the terrorists are doing,yet don't rally round on let's say Hyde park to protest against them,I agree with some posts above in that the majority not the minority of Muslims support these actions and are happy to bite off the hand that's currently feeding them,

You're not allowed to protest because you get branded a racist.

BBC say 15 Britons have now died, Sky say 8.

Think it's biggest ever 'disaster', in terms of British tourists, anywhere?

S**t, whatever the quantity, it's a lot...

Edited by Wymeswold fox

What is protesting about ISIS going to do? As if they are going to surrender because of a couple of thousand people holding banners in central London lol lol.

I've read some absolute bollocks in my time but that just about takes the cake.