Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

I am not so sure I agree. I worked for a very high profile Muslim for 5 years. Both he, his family and one employee who got close to me were clearly sympathisers. To the point of telling me that 9/11 and 7/7 were good things. I was "lucky" to find out how they thought as I was quite close to them. You wouldn't find out if you didn't know them well, so very few people would have found out the information that I did.

What percentage are sympathisers I don't know. I would like to think it is a minority, but this guy is extremely high profile and looked up to by the community.

I can't see this being rectified in our lifetime. We have allowed people into our country who have not come to embrace our way of life. It's such a great shame as other religions along with a good percentage of Muslims have integrated very well. But it is clear that a percentage of Muslims haven't and the threat will not go away. It will be a question of trying to contain it and ensure it doesn't boil over. The only way to get this right will be if the good Muslims face into the issue and weed out the bad ones.

I'm not so sure anymore mate, after the Charlie Hebdo attacks:

11% of British Muslims believed the attack was fully deserved

27% of British Muslims said they had some sympathy for the attackers

32% of British Muslims said they were not surprised by the attacks.

The thing is, these days, the extremists know they can say whatever the **** they want because they know the politicians and Police will bend over backwards to accommodate their views in order to keep the streets quiet.  

Unless our policy of trying to keep the lid on the bottle changes, someday Britain and indeed the whole of Europe will pay a heavy heavy price.

The thing is, these days, the extremists know they can say whatever the **** they want because they know the politicians and Police will bend over backwards to accommodate their views in order to keep the streets quiet.

Unless our policy of trying to keep the lid on the bottle changes, someday Britain and indeed the whole of Europe will pay a heavy heavy price.

Them %s are a ****ing disgrace, all about shitty religion, like the dumb bastards believe a so called Allah built the world in 6 days anyway!! lol lol lol

• Like 1

It may upset people but i've said it before, i'll say keep saying it. Religion, the root of all evil.

Pretty much everyone who believes the bullshit (Whatever fairy tail they wish to believe) has been/are being brainwashed.

Edited by Matt

It may upset people but i've said it before, i'll say keep saying it. Religion, the root of all evil.

Pretty much everyone who believes the bullshit (Whatever fairy tail they wish to believe) has been/are being brainwashed.

It just gets ya so mad, how idiots believe this shit, like ffs THERE IS SCIENTIFIC PROOF to squash all these stupid myths, were these tossers high on crack or something when Wrighting the Quran/Bible Edited by lestajigs

Haha, like capitalism hasn't caused any less suffering lol

Imagine believing that drivel. I'm sure they approached every British muslim to conduct that survey lol

Don't patronise me u plank,

I hope you suffer the way I have at the hands of terrorism then you might feel bitter and angry like myself and many others

We've all suffered in one way shape or form, but the fact that you're here and have the ability to talk on the forum suggests that all isn't so bad and perhaps you need to learn to be grateful. Stop whining about Muslims for a while and look in the mirror.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The cause of practically all large-scale human suffering is in the name of either a god or a man who thinks that he is one. The ideologies for both of those are remarkably similar.

As for ISIS...again, I've said this before, but spare us the scaremongering BS. Al-Qaeda caused a hundred times as many Western casualties as ISIS have, and they got stomped into the dust - the established nation-states could do the same here, but for various reasons they're choosing to adopt a surgical approach - which is probably for the best given what has happened to the countries we've interfered in in the past 15 years. If they did something truly spectacular in the line of 9/11, they'd get smashed and they and everyone else knows it.

They don't come close to having the economic and military clout of even a small country, they pose zero existential threat to the United Kingdom, they don't even pose a threat to any of our external territories like the Argentines did in 1982. The only thing they have going for them is reasonably effective propaganda and communication via the Internet - something that means jack shit without the heavy armaments that nation states possess to back it up. 

Talking them up like they're any kind of real threat to the UK, much less the established world order, is rubbish.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 3

Imagine believing that drivel. I'm sure they approached every British muslim to conduct that survey lol

Is there a reason why those statistics are obviously wrong? Or are you just saying that because the results don't appeal to you? Laughing things off and pretending to know better is no way to convince people that you're right.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

It depends how those questions were asked. The first one few would say was justified. Q 2 they may have sympathy with a  cause butnot the action. Q3 I am surprised it is only 32% as most people would not be surprised considering how the terrorist operate..The more you condemn the majority the  greater the minority grows.

Edited by Rincewind

I'm a roman catholic and I can understand the reason for the Charlie Hebdo attacks. I can also understand why people join ISIS. Same reasoning people joined the IRA.

People are disillusioned with their lives and see something they think offers a better way. Its not an uncommon thing to happen. There are many groups and organisations that attract impressionable young people and get them doing all sorts of things.

These killings are terrible and I have so much sympathy for all the families who have lost someone but at the same time, I have equal sympathy for anyone who has needlessly lost their lives as 'collateral damage' at the hands of an allied forces attack.

Terrorists believe they are acting in the name of war. Because they define it differently and call it in the name of religion, we find it difficult to understand. When Tony Blair said he 'talked to God' and decided the Iraq war was the right thing to do, it was mentioned but not exaggerated. Watch some terrorist propaganda and they hardly mention God or religion just foreign policy and occupation of their lands.

All the death is unnecessary but its nothing the world hasnt seen before and will continue to see for the rest of time in some form or not.

Unfortunately its human nature.

• Like 1

I see the attraction like drug dealershanging around school gates. (to a greater extent. Bear with me)

The dealers look for  the loner kid. The one who may be bullied. Afew wordsand they may say their p;arents do not understand them. 'Here son this pill will make you feel better'  The  next day he gets another 'free' prp pill. Then one day there is no pill but  some white powder at a cost. So it goes on.

Change  this slightly and the kid will start to believe others are the evil ones. Of course this is not par for the course  but it causes me to 'understand' and not being 'surprised'  So how do we stop people  from following terrorist actions? Surely it is  making the alternative more attractive. Being called a terrorist  or not being called a terrorist daily.

It was a poll of 1000 British Muslims conducted for ComRes by the BBC.  Standard polling practice.  But forgive me, continue doing what you were doing...

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

• Like 1

It depends how those questions were asked. The first one few would say was justified. Q 2 they may have sympathy with a  cause butnot the action. Q3 I am surprised it is only 32% as most people would not be surprised considering how the terrorist operate..The more you condemn the majority the  greater the minority grows.

So you've just seen an actual poll, thrown out the results because they don't fit with your beliefs and asserted your own opinion as fact?

It was a poll of 1000 British Muslims conducted for ComRes by the BBC. Standard polling practice. But forgive me, continue doing what you were doing...

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

Wow 1000. Must have been extremely representative of the entire muslim population then.

I have to disagree religion is not the root of all evil. Religion can be argued to have had both positive

and negative effects on society. Religion has given its followers a set of laws and values to follow which

has helped in society. Religion has also been used to repress its followers. However to argue that religion

is to blame for all wars and senseless killings is too simple.

If religion had never happened men would have found another reason to kill each other, it is a primitive

instinct in us, we are tribal by nature.

• Like 1

So you've just seen an actual poll, thrown out the results because they don't fit with your beliefs and asserted your own opinion as fact?

Not at all. How a question is asked can make a difference to how it is answered. I thought that was obvious logic.

If they were asked something like 'Do feel sympathy for people who have seen their homes destroyed by wedtern bombs  and speak out angilly?'

What answer would be given? The answer could only be yes or no

Edited by Rincewind

Wow 1000. Must have been extremely representative of the entire muslim population then.

The poll was done like all others, (it's all online so take a look) a 50-50 split between male and female, ages split between 18-34, 35-44 & 45+, and regions split between the north, midlands and south).

Just like how a chef can judge a large bowl of soup just by sipping one spoonful, as long as the soup is stirred, one sip is fine to find out how it tastes.

It was agree/disagree with statements and the statement was:

Organisations which publish images of the prophet Muhammed deserve to be attacked.

11% agreed

Also another statement was:

Acts of violence against those who publish images of the prophet Muhammed can never be justified

24% disagreed

I agree that the tarnishing of all Muslims as terrorists is unhelpful and statements like 'all terrorists are muslims' are stupid, but those are quite concerning results.

Not at all. How a question is asked can make a difference to how it is answered. I thought that was obvious logic.

If they were asked something like 'Do feel sympathy for people who have seen their homes destroyed by wedtern bombs  and speak out angilly?'

What answer would be given? The answer could only be yes or no

Ahhh there it is.  This is all our fault isn't it?  These wack-jobs could literally do ANYTHING and you would still look in the mirror and blame yourself wouldn't you?  lol