Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

So if NP is 'recalcitrant, arrogant, argumentative, stubborn, a bully, and slow to adapt', why on earth would he even entertain someone like Cambiasso basically telling him how to manage his team? Ludicrous. He's either an arrogant bully, or Cambiasso's secretly running the team.

It can't be both.

Far from ludicous. I am not stating events as fact but i stand by my opinion of NP from what I have seen of him. IF this incident occurred maybe NP knew it was his last throw of the dice ad so he needed to pacify his team and change the direction. Certainly he was slow to react in the formation and starting 11. He entertained Cambiasso as there was a player who has achieved more in playing football at a higher level than himself. maybe it was his road to Damascus, maybe he knew the game was up unless he gave in to player pressure....it hapens you know.

Thought my mate had done a photoshop job when he sent me a picture of the news last night. I'd been on BBC Sport website 45 minutes earlier and seen nothing of the sort so had a laugh at him and said you're not fooling me with that one youth.

The laughter didn't last long. What a blinking shame.

Don't despair Leicester City always have been and always be bigger than a single person - remember "foxes never die" we will return. Bigger and stronger. It's clear to me that the owners will provide the financial backing they can within the leagues restraints.

Just need to appoint a new manager ASAP so that we can prepare for another season in the premiership which did not look likely in March.

We were just starting to put a descent team together , new managers have their own player opinions so can only see a rebuild and disruption. Not looking forward to next season now.

Maybe that was the problem; we were putting a "descent" team together and the Thais wanted a team that would stay up. ;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33339566

So basically a combination of the two things in life that I hate most have resulted in the man responsible for making something fantastic of our club being sacked.

Religion and stupidity. 

I know it's the owner's club but I couldn't give a rat's arse if their imaginary friend in the sky disapproves of something a young fvcktard did with a camera and his weapon.

What a waste.

I think it probably has more to do with something like honour, merchandising or reputation than religion to be fair.

Far from ludicous. I am not stating events as fact but i stand by my opinion of NP from what I have seen of him. IF this incident occurred maybe NP knew it was his last throw of the dice ad so he needed to pacify his team and change the direction. Certainly he was slow to react in the formation and starting 11. He entertained Cambiasso as there was a player who has achieved more in playing football at a higher level than himself. maybe it was his road to Damascus, maybe he knew the game was up unless he gave in to player pressure....it hapens you know.

Good statement and let's be honest I have not spoken to one fan either pro or against Nigel who could understand why albrighton was not playing. Also why did he drop Was when Wes was playing so poorly.

So basically a combination of the two things in life that I hate most have resulted in the man responsible for making something fantastic of our club being sacked.

Religion and stupidity. 

I know it's the owner's club but I couldn't give a rat's arse if their imaginary friend in the sky disapproves of something a young fvcktard did with a camera and his weapon.

What a waste.

Why is it to do with religion?

I think it probably has more to do with something like honour, merchandising or reputation than religion to be fair.

Well if it's to do with honour or reputation then they're absolutely mental because they've damaged both.

Don't despair Leicester City always have been and always will be bigger than a single person - remember "foxes never die" we will return. Bigger and stronger. It's clear to me that the owners will provide the financial backing they can within the leagues restraints.

Just need to appoint a new manager ASAP so that we can prepare for another season in the premiership which did not look likely in March.

True, but the honour would be to do with their religion given Buddhism is quite honour based. Either way it's come from utter stupidity.

Well if it's to do with honour or reputation then they're absolutely mental because they've damaged both.

Yeah by sacking a guy that's abused fans, the press, refs, opposition players, club legends and the local media last season alone.

I'm sorry but cmon. How many of Pearson's misdeamonrs this season would any other prem manager get away with?

You can question whether they should let their integrity get in the way of football decisions but you can't question that they have any.

Really disappointing news and has meant many hours of pondering the decision but then I realised its the past and we have to move on.

It's not ideal but we have over a month until the new kickoff and still work to do on recruitment. The next managerial appointment is hugely important and we need someone to build on the good foundations in place.

I'll be gutted for a while longer but am now interested in the coming days and weeks and what 2015/16 brings us. Highs and lows I expect.

Yeah by sacking a guy that's abused fans, the press, refs, opposition players, club legends and the local media last season alone.

I'm sorry but cmon. How many of Pearson's misdeamonrs this season would any other prem manager get away with?

You can question whether they should let their integrity get in the way of football decisions but you can't question that they have any.

The only incident I have any real issue with is Ostrich-gate and he issued an apology the next day, and the owners have since backed him completely or so they said. I think a manager should get away with any of the other incidents and even for that one it's nowhere near worthy of a sacking. Doing this and not giving the fans of the football club a reason is not honourable and will do nothing to improve their reputation.

Not at all, too many are keen to assassinate the man's personality and are desperate to put his achievements down to other factors - even if those two aims end up completely contradicting eachother, it's pretty pathetic to be honest. But yep, you just carry on forcing your little jigsaw pieces together though.

If his name was Jose Mourinho or Alex Ferguson all of them, they can evenly openly claim the football association is involved in a conspiracy against their football clubs and get away scot free.

They're about the only two, maybe Wenger (can you imagine Wenger tackling and choking a player? Hahaha amazing) but even they're at a push.

I really have come around to Nigel and, again, I'm disappointed he's gone but it's not as unbelievable as some are making out and it's not exactly destroyed the owners reputation.

Let's not forget he was one of the leagues longest serving bosses, despite the fact we were abysmal and bottom for most of the season.

This must have been the most unexpected sacking for a long time in the PL, in some ways I think they deserve praise for not having this speculated over for weeks, if it was their intention to sack him for a while and it had come out, then it could have jeopardised the signings of Fuchs, Huth and Shinji had it been known.

On the other hand when you see the way other clubs operate, you always know someone is getting sacked normally weeks before hand, and whilst it may undermine things and upset a few people, at least it wouldn't come as a shock.

Maybe that is why other clubs make sure everyone knows it is going to happen before they do it.

They're about the only two, maybe Wenger (can you imagine Wenger tackling and choking a player? Hahaha amazing) but even they're at a push.

I really have come around to Nigel and, again, I'm disappointed he's gone but it's not as unbelievable as some are making out and it's not exactly destroyed the owners reputation.

Let's not forget he was one of the leagues longest serving bosses, despite the fact we were abysmal and bottom for most of the season.

no, i can't imagine wenger getting involved in a touchline scuffle with another manager and pushing him either...

Religion and stupidity. 

What a waste.

Where on earth do you place religion in their decision (aside from the fact that Buddhism isn't a religion anyway)? If it is for non football reasons maybe we should consider that there is a morality about their decision, which is a breathe of fresh air in modern day football. We bemoan players wages, players irresponsible actions, corruption in governing bodies etc. We don't know the reasons for his sacking but lets suppose that as owners they:

1. took offence at him telling a fan to "**** off and die"

2. Saw no benefit on their manager looking like a physco and grabbing McArthur round the throat and not letting go of him.

3. were uneasy seeing NP acting totally weird and telling a journo he was an ostrich. 

4. were uneasy seeing NP marching out of press interview and calling a journo a ****

5. didn't like Thaigate. We don't know where NP stood on this issue but here were three lads as paid guests of the owners in the owners homeland shagging prostitutes and one saying "Lick this you slitty eyed ****er". Then farting in a girls face and saying "eat it, eat it, eat my shit" and another saying "You're 1 out of 10". 

You think that point 5 offends an imaginary friend in the sky? How about the Thai people, the Thai owners, and basic humanity that may be offended by that?

Now it may be that NP has shown the same surly and awkward demeanor with his owners, maybe that is why he has gone - who knows? All I can say is that if that was the reasoning behind their decision then good on them - it means they are regarding conduct as more important than money; a breathe of fresh air in football these days.

Religion and stupidity. 

What a waste.

I'm pretty sure their "imaginary friend" isn't the only one who disapproves. 

We don't know the full extent of the situation. Maybe Nigel Pearson was insistent on keeping hold of Hopper, Smith and Pearson Jr and the owners disagreed? Point is, we don't know. 

The owners are also businessman (which, by the way, has more pros than cons). Reputation and integrity means a lot to them. Nigel Pearson may be the best thing that's happened to us in recent years but from a business point of view, the club needed to show that action was being made - the kind of action that was slightly more significant than releasing three reserve players. So, unfortunately for us, Nigel Pearson appears to be collateral damage. Short term disaster to help maintain the long-term sustainability. 

...too many are keen to assassinate the man's personality and are desperate to put his achievements down to other factors - even if those two aims end up completely contradicting eachother, it's pretty pathetic to be honest. 

The very small minority of Pearson haters seem to think like this...

Lose games - completely Pearson's fault

Win games - someone else must take the credit

Pardew headbutted a man and was universally hated by the whole fanbase, he didn't get sacked, but is the Newcastle model one we want to follow?

It's one we're certainly at risk of following at the minute. Sack a successful manager because he isn't universally loved/due to off the field incidents, and fail to have anyone lined up to replace him. Well, the Thai's have done the first bit...

Archived