Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Come on let's get things into perspective I for one looked at the calendar and it's not April the 1st ! But Leicester City will still be here when players and managers come and go,most part of last season I put my hand up and said I was wrong about Pearson for some reason he just didn't feel right as the City boss the outbursts the ostrich and FOAD moments but then he turned us into an outstanding squad with superb performances and got Geoff stelling calling us 'Barcelona in disguise' ;)

But for some reason who knows the board have had to make this strange decision by sacking him at this time after signing three decent players backing him with £Millions do they have a successor in the wings who knows we will just have to wait and see.

There will be tons of rumours why he was sacked Whether it was about his son or something behind closed doors a disagreement about signing a player an outburst from Nigel words that could not be taken back.

But top managers will look at us now we have money to spend and we have a core team that could do bloody well next season,so let's just not go over the top on this one lets just wait and see who our next manager will be my mate recons Klopp I said were not a bigger enough club for him (or are we?)

But let's just keep calm and sit tight as we all know about our beloved Leicester City being a supporter of this great club of ours is like being on the biggest emotional ROLLERCOASTER of all time !

Gutted about Pearson being sacked YES

HOPEFUL OF A DECENT REPLACEMENT YES !

what is the betting that Pearson's next signing at his next managerial job is James Pearson. It is odd that his coaching team have stayed on for the time being. They previously jumped ship with Nigel immediately 3 times. I am certain this is related to his son. Blood is thicker than anything and can you imagine how Pearson will handle this in the press once the season restarts.

This whole team is Pearson, the energy, the spirit. Anything but a top top manager that cab command the same respect from this group and some top signings and we are relegation fodder.

Looks like they were ensuring a few key players got over the line first  i.e Schlupp / Okazaki - hopefully Cambiasso signed before they announced it. Chances are though that Nige being the honest chap he is told Cambiasso exactly what might happen. I can only hope Cambiasso now signs to give the lads a boost in a fatherly way!!!

nb there have been 37 replies whilst I typed this so sorry if repeating what quicker people who type with more than 2 fingers and a thumb

Guest ttfn

This has got nothing to do with Okazaki we've been tracking him for years.

I can only imagine it's one of 2 things:

1) his ****tard son

2) the owners reckon we can push for Europe in a couple of years and Pearson has told them it can't be done.

Leicester City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson, with the club saying the working relationship between Pearson and the board was "no longer viable".

Pearson, 51, guided the Foxes to 14th in the Premier League in 2014-15.

"Regrettably, the club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the board is no longer viable," said a Leicester statement.

"It has become clear that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us."

In June, Pearson's son James was one of three players sacked by the club for their involvement in a racist sex tape.

Absolutely staggered by this. We've been signing his players all summer - Huth, Okazaki, Fuchs (who even said it was Pearson who convinced him to come!) - why would we get rid of him now? This is mental.

Has to be something going on behind the scenes, maybe to do with his son, maybe to do with something else.

Good grief. After what we did in the last few months as well this is just typical. I did think he'd leave once he was re-instated but not after the way we survived. If this means Cambiasso walks away as well then that is unforgivable. I can't hack that. However if Esteban is given the player manager role then sorry Nigel but I'll be very excite.

Lunacy. Pretty gutted.

Right at the end of the month, whos knows whats been going on behind the scenes.

I find it unusual Walsh and Shakey are still here, this really isnt the end of the world we're an attractive club with owners that deserve a little more belief. They need to make some correct decisions from here on out its critical 

Thank you Nige

Positives:

Negatives:

• We lose our best manager in years
  • Our players will not have the same level of respect for the new person coming in
  • Cambiasso looks unlikely
  • Recent signings won't be pleased as they signed under false promise
  • STRINGER returns for press conferences
  • We are linked with Dyche already. 

Just in shock.

HOWEVER, to provide some perspective, everyone said the same about Southampton when they sacked Adkins. The new manager will have a very good squad, plenty of money to spend and a full pre-season with the squad. It's just getting the appointment right.

Archived