Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

Liverpool fit the bill for sure, and is far more likely the only problem is they already have a manager and no sign of them sacking him yet...

Well hopefully they do in the next few days so they get Klopp and we get Rodgers

Anyone know his skype? I will call him now.

kloppklopp123

Well apparently Real Madrid for one.

Anyone who thinks we have a chance of getting klopp needs to play that over in their head - "nope to real Madrid, but if that little known Midlands based team who were just above the relegation zone last year come knocking let me know. "

It's highly, highly unlikely but there are quite a few selling points that could, eventually, convince Klopp that he's taking on an exciting prospect...

1. We've got money, we've shown that we have in the last couple of seasons and that money is available to him if he wants.
  2. Good scouting system that Klopp could utilise.
  3. Work in similar way to Dortmund have. Sporting Director/Director of Football do very similar jobs.
  4. One of the best Sports Science departments in England which Klopp is big on.
  5. We can convince big players to sign e.g. Cambiasso. 
  6. Good squad here already, point to the fact we were the form team in the last 10 games of the season. 
  7. Could conceivably live in London and commute if he wanted to.

I still think he'll end up at Liverpool, their owners will probably bow down to fan pressure sooner rather than later and we'll settle on Hiddink/Lennon but we need to at least attempt to speak to people like Klopp and Montella who are out of a job. 

Maybe he wouldn't want all the politics and pressure with a club like Real Madrid. Just a simple life in the Midlands of England.  And all the slaps on the back as we move forward and upwards. It would increase his profile even further.

Even if for some bizarre reason he joined us he will get poached as soon as someone decent comes in for him. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool could all sack managers this season. He will wait.

Klopp seems like the manager that wouldn't do that, once he starts a job he would want to achieve the maximum he can before considering other options however big they may be.. he is young and hungry

Keep trying to convince yourselves people.

There's some serious straw clutching going on here.

dead easy to post such things knowing there is very little chance it will happen so you can feel superior ........yet not superior enough to offer a reason. go for it, tell everyone why it is such a ridiculous idea.

If any high profile manager is unhinged enough to join us, let's face it it's Klopp lol

Still extremely unlikely but not completely beyond the realms of possibility

Indeed he is like me on FM gets more from achieving the seemingly impossible rather than just doing what is expected at a big club lol

Liverpool fit the bill for sure, and is far more likely the only problem is they already have a manager and no sign of them sacking him yet...

And let's be honest (clutching at straws again here) who would want the Liverpool job it's a poisoned chalice - whoever is in charge is never good enough they think they are better than they are and the fans will never be happy unless they are winning the treble every year

you know whilst I too think this is unlikely, you patronise some people when they present reasonable arguments - i.e

Their argument

He and his agent have gone on record as saying Klopp wants to manage in the premier league - nothing else interests him outside or Germany or England

He wants a job in the prem

He prefers a team below the top 4 that he can help grow like he did Dortmund

Money is not of interest to him, moreso that the club has an energy about it and ambition

He is one phone call away from a move to the prem

reported he is avoiding the press as he has a secret to keep.

Your argument

He turned down real madrid so he will hardly consider Leicester.

Ok let us analyse your argument

He wants a job in Germany or England Real Madrid.......fail Leicester............ tick

He wants a job in the premier league.... Real Madrid ..... fail Leicester............. tick

He is one call away from a job in the prem ... Real Madrid.......fail Leicester..............poss

He prefers a club below bottom 4 to grow like Dortmund Real Madrid.......fail Leicester..............tick

He has a secret to keep Real Madrid.......n/a Leicester.............. poss - more likely Liverpool

I doubt he will come here too but your argument as to why it would not happen doesn't stand up

You say patronising, I say realistic.

I believe he said he would go to a team outside the top four, not that it was his preference.

I would love him to come, just as I would mourinho, ancellotti Etc as that is the bracket you are talking about.

I'm not knocking you, I just think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when the name is announced if klopp is their benchmark.

He will be looking to earn around 10 million a year at a club like man city or arsenal. Which is obviously around £200k a week. Would yout pay that

West ham would have tried to get him and he obviously said no. And that's in London. We have no chance

And let's be honest (clutching at straws again here) who would want the Liverpool job it's a poisoned chalice - whoever is in charge is never good enough they think they are better than they are and the fans will never be happy unless they are winning the treble every year

Thinking about it you are right, if Liverpool got him they would expect more than just a top four finish... when realistically that would be a great achievement but they wouldn't see it that way at all.

He will be looking to earn around 10 million a year at a club like man city or arsenal. Which is obviously around £200k a week. Would yout pay that

Said he's not bothered about the money but I get your point. Man City or Liverpool would be most likely but didn't he say he doesn't fancy Man City and Liverpool have already let BR start spending

If klopp came here it would up there with the most surprising management appointments ever, if not the biggest. That's how unlikely it is.

I'd even question klopp's ambition if he did join us, maybe he doesn't want the politics or the pressure of a massive club but I'm pretty sure he'll have big clubs queuing up for him, if not now then in the near future.

People are holding all hope on an article where he says he'd manage in England. There's not even been a link.

Hope he surprises me and joins though.

You say patronising, I say realistic.

I believe he said he would go to a team outside the top four, not that it was his preference.

I would love him to come, just as I would mourinho, ancellotti Etc as that is the bracket you are talking about.

I'm not knocking you, I just think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when the name is announced if klopp is their benchmark.

people are speculating that's all mate - you like me think maybe he is too big for us and even though we wanna be much bigger, we aren't there yet and that he probably said those things with the liverpool job in mind but again we know nothing. It's not ridiculous to think a huge wad of cash will bring a guy who wants to come to the prem ... to the prem but it's just a feeling we have that he won't , that's all. 

pretty sure that Hiddink will be announced soon anyway. or even MON

Even if for some bizarre reason he joined us he will get poached as soon as someone decent comes in for him. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool could all sack managers this season. He will wait.

Don't think there's much of a chance we'd get him, but if we did that seems like the last thing we'd be worrying about. Doesn't seem like the kind of person to take up a project and leave without accomplishing something. He's managed 2 clubs and he's stayed at both for like 7 years hasn't he?

Liverpool, Spurs & Man City might get off to flyers next season and how long would Klopp be prepared to wait, if we are ambitious enough why not ask him the question and put all the fans out of their misery or in dreamland.....

Up the City.....

dead easy to post such things knowing there is very little chance it will happen so you can feel superior ........yet not superior enough to offer a reason. go for it, tell everyone why it is such a ridiculous idea.

I couldn't give a **** about being right or looking superior mate. Imho its ridiculous because the guy is one of the most sought-after managers in Europe with more or less his pick of the top clubs - I haven't seen a convincing argument yet for him coming here. When he speaks of a project I'd imagine he's talking about a Liverpool, Spurs or Everton.

Happy to admit if I'm wrong.

He would have to be a bit odd to join us when he would probably be top of the list for any of the top 6 clubs.

I do like to see things with rose tinted glasses though and like to toy with the idea that we somehow appeal to him.

Stranger things have happened but it is extremely unlikely and I fear just considering this a possibility, will leave a lot of people totally underwhelmed by whoever we do end up with.

Dream big but take all these so called ticked boxes we offer him with a pinch of salt!

I couldn't give a **** about being right or looking superior mate. Imho its ridiculous because the guy is one of the most sought-after managers in Europe with more or less his pick of the top clubs - I haven't seen a convincing argument yet for him coming here. When he speaks of a project I'd imagine he's talking about a Liverpool, Spurs or Everton.

Happy to admit if I'm wrong.

i agree but it's mainly based on us surmising what he thinks based on his standing. look since a few of these posts a few people have tried to say what they think but put 'i know it won't happen' sentences in to protect them from feeling stupid. You may not have meant it, but posts like that one do make some people feel stupid or scared to post that's all mate.

He would have to be a bit odd to join us when he would probably be top of the list for any of the top 6 clubs.

I do like to see things with rose tinted glasses though and like to toy with the idea that we somehow appeal to him.

Stranger things have happened but it is extremely unlikely and I fear just considering this a possibility, will leave a lot of people totally underwhelmed by whoever we do end up with.

Dream big but take all these so called ticked boxes we offer him with a pinch of salt!

The choices that are being touted about in Hiddink, Lennon, Cotterill and MON i'm already underwhelmed anyway regardless of considering the possibility of Klopp.

Leicester ARE an attractive club to come to, expectations aren't too high and with the right additions are easily achievable. We have good financial backing, a good footballing philosophy in place already, a good scouting network and the facilities are of a high standard as well!

I think Klopp wouldn't dismiss the offer instantly, but I wouldn't put money on him saying yes as it is highly unlikely. However, he would 100% be the right man to take us to the next level!

I'd still miss Big Nige next year though, great manager and will move on to big things... The way he got the players motivated at the end of last season was a miracle. 

If Klopp did happen though... I would also shit down my leg.

Archived