Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

It's time for some answers. We had a faltering start to the last close season but the owners aren't convincing me they've got their next step sorted. Europe next season? We'll be lucky to get to the Clock Tower without a manager. Granted our owners might have their target/s. But the list of inspiring possibilities looks woefully thin to me - and any depth of erosion and we'll be right up shit creek without a condom.    .   

I really hope that the chairman approaches Laudrup who made a massive impact at Swansea over lennon who is a piece of our history and if that's what they want then MON is definitely the better option

Cotterill down to 5/2 on some books.

bizarre - where has he shown an ability to work with high paid, high performing players at the highest level?

I could see him as a number 2 at PL level. Maybe he has been approached in this regard and someone has put 2+2 together.

The list of 50 odd possibles on oddschecker is pretty woeful. From that lot, the best (possible) looks to me like Laudrup, mainly because he likes attacking football. Why did he get sacked from Swansea though?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Nah he's actually drifted slightly.

Just seen Sheringham being interviewed on SSN about him taking over at Stevenage, i'd rather take a flyer and risk on him than bleeding Lennon.

Surely the owners are too ambitious fir success to seriously consider Lennon... does any one think he be better than nigel... they can't have this look like a backward step

Suprised there is so much against Cotterill given the season Bristol City have just had where Hassellbaink and Rowett seem to be mentioned with affection.

Not saying I want Cotterill but if you want continuity from Pearson, its not that far detatched in styles.

Cotterill? Having sacked one of the best English managers around, replacing him with this lower league plodder would suggest that the Thais are punishing the whole of the Leicester population for the pacific rim job.

The list of 50 odd possibles on oddschecker is pretty woeful. From that lot, the best (possible) looks to me like Laudrup, mainly because he likes attacking football. Why did he get sacked from Swansea though?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Because they were 2 points off relegation and he wasn't quite as good as people think.

Suprised there is so much against Cotterill given the season Bristol City have just had where Hassellbaink and Rowett seem to be mentioned with affection.

Not saying I want Cotterill but if you want continuity from Pearson, its not that far detatched in styles.

Have you completely forgotten the rest of his career based on one season in League One?!

He's managed 4 separate clubs in the Championship and failed miserably every single time!

He's a League One manager who is a proven failure at Championship level.

If we were a struggling Championship side I wouldn't want anywhere near him, let alone a Premier League side.

Remember when everyone laughed and was dumbfounded by Premier League Burnley hiring proven Championship failure Brian Laws or WBA hiring proven Championship failure Alan Irvine?! Well Steve Cotterill's record in the Championship is even worse.

It wouldn't just be a bad appointment, it would be one of the most ludicrous, laughable and nonsensical appointments in the history of the Premier League.

I'd much rather risk someone relatively unproven like Hasseilbank or Rowett, than hiring an absolute travesty of a Championship level manager in the Premier ****ing League! Much, much rather.

Cotterill down to 5/2 on some books.

bizarre - where has he shown an ability to work with high paid, high performing players at the highest level?

I could see him as a number 2 at PL level. Maybe he has been approached in this regard and someone has put 2+2 together.

He was a number 2 at a Sunderland side who were one of the most dreadful, hilariously bad teams in the history of the top flight. He's nowhere near Premier League level as a manager, an assistant or otherwise.

We have a new head coach of the academy called Gareth Jennings who was previously at Bristol..is this what has lowered the odds on Cotteril to be the next coach??

He's returning to Leicester as head of education

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-launch-search-new-Academy-manager/story-26798151-detail/story.html

Hopefully thats where the link is from ? I don't want Steve cottrill anywhere near Leicester again, leave him at massive Bristol .

re Jurgen Klinnsman: 

Someone makes up a rumour for a laugh on a messageboard

Indy fookin Kaila reads it and tweets he's in the running "exclusive"

Story gains legs even though there's no truth in it

*shakes head*

No point in even trying to explain things like that to some people on here.

Interview in the star saying he is just a phone call away from managing in England.

I will pay for the call then I would even accept a reverse call charge, infact I will drive to Wimbledon to pick him up if his phone is out of charge and would pick up Top and Vichai on the way.

Sounds like Klopp is dangling the carrot.

Interview in the star saying he is just a phone call away from managing in England.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451892/Liverpool-linked-Jurgen-Klopp-admits-just-phone-call-away-managing-England

It's mainly linking him with Liverpool and bigger clubs but I will pick out some interesting point and interesting quotes.

Klopp, 48 - linked in the past to Liverpool, Manchester City and Arsenal - would be a perfect fit for the Premier. He's great at his job. Is fun and fearless.

And in his finest English, Klopp says he's always just a phone call away from packing his bags to ply his trade in a country which is close to his heart and where he believes Arsene Wenger should be knighted a Sir.

Klopp, middle name Norbert, said: "If someone will call me then we will talk about it. It's not important for me to stay in the same place for a long time. My children are old enough now to stay alone.

"I know that some clubs were interested, of course. They thought about us. Manchester City? I don't say anything about this.

"It makes me proud that some Arsenal fans might want me. But it's not important for me to be proud. My mother is proud.

"The important thing is new ideas not money. It is important to make the next step. And I think England is the only country where I should work next to Germany because it's the only country where I know the language.

Klopp's agent, Marc Kosicke, has already gone on record to state that Klopp's next destination in England doesn't have to be top four. He's open to offers from anyone in the Premier League.

Kosicke said: "The Premier League is very interesting and we do not only think about the top four because there are some great clubs below them.

"When Jurgen signed for Dortmund there were other clubs who had better prestige and were in better financial mood. Nevertheless he decided on Dortmund."

New Leeds boss Uwe Rosler has closely followed Klopp's career after they played against each other in their formative years. And he's a big believer that he will join him as only the second German in English football.

Rosler spent a week with Klopp and his Dortmund squad and saw enough on the sidelines to convince him of his ability to be a welcome addition to English management.

He said: "We know each other. We played against each other and I have followed him since. My philosophies are very similar to his. Quick transition football with a lot of energy.

"There are a lot of elements similar between us. He's been very, very successful not only in Germany but in Europe and for me to look over his shoulder on how he trained and planned his season, was very interesting.

"I talked with him and he gave me some information. I watched him on the job, seeing how he communicated. The exercises he did and the meaning of them.

"Would he do a good job in England? Yes. No question about it. And I think he will."

It's still hugely unlikely but i've said it and i'll keep saying it, the owners have got ambition, the owners have got money, hook em' out and get him, atleast call him, try and get him. What is there to lose?

It's pretty much the only appointment that will get me back on side and many others I imagine.

There is no guarentee he will be successful, but he is about the only exciting and positive name on the list.

Dortmund were living in their own shadow when Klopp took over, HE turned it around and created a monster. So we sit here saying "don't be stupid", when in reality we aren't, Klopp clearly likes a challenge, provide him with the correct materials why wouldn't he come?

Archived