Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

If we get Cotterill we will be the laughing stock of the football world, a poor mans Ian Holloway and the only good thing is it would take 2 years for him to get us to his level back in division 1.....

Up the City (Leicester)......

Advice from a betting company, suggesting Lennon instead of Hiddink lol:

Having been backed as low as 2.02, Neil Lennon has now been usurped as frontrunner in the next Leicester manager betting market by a famous coach who recently became available, Guus Hiddink.

The Dutch legend is 3.10 to Lennon's 5.50 and has even been backed as low as 2.4, just days after resigning as Netherlands boss in response to their rotten performance thus far in Euro 2016 qualifying, trailing Group A leaders Iceland by five points.

The appeal of Hiddink is fairly easy to grasp: he is a former European Cup winner who has worked for some of the biggest teams on the planet like Real Madrid and Chelsea, yet has also drastically overdelivered with the less-esteemed likes of PSV and South Korea.

Being 68 isn't a huge concern either thanks in part to the positive early impression being left by another Dutch sexagenarian at a bottom-half Premier League club, with Dick Advocaat helping Sunderland ward off relegation and being rewarded with a full-time job.

There are two alarm bells with Hiddink though that Leicester would be irresponsible to overlook. The first is that the well-travelled motivator hasn't met expectations in a managerial role, let alone exceeded them, since steering Chelsea to third place and the 2008/09 FA Cup.

He missed out on qualification to World Cup 2010 with Russia, failed to guide Turkey to Euro 2012, couldn't establish Anzhi Makhachkala among the Russian elite despite heavy spending and lost more matches that he won with World Cup 2014 bronze medallists Netherlands.

The second valid criticism is that he would be a quick fix rather than a long-term solution, not because of his age but because he isn't inclined to stick around anywhere these days or, when he does show an interest, he lacks the longevity to cling on to the position.

Hiddink has held nine posts this century and five since 2009, with his longest tenure this decade being the 17 months that he gave Anzhi Makhachkala between 2012 and 2013.

It is too soon into Leicester's current Premier League stay for them to be getting into the business of papering over cracks, as their 4.60relegation odds make clear.

So while Hiddink's past achievements deserve plenty of respect and are bound to entice any drop-fearing Premier League side, he isn't a good fit for the Foxes at present.

https://betting.betfair.com/football/premier-league/leicester-city/next-leicester-manager-betting-hiddink-is-to-be-avoided-050715-39.html?

Newcastle, or Leeds or even Sheffield Wednesday are more appropriate Dortmund comparisons. Huge clubs that could attract 60k per week if they were in the champions league. Problems are Newcastle's owner and Leeds and Sheff Wednesday are in the wrong league.

Liverpool or Spurs are not quite the challenge of the others.

The only way you could get Klopp is to say come here for a year or two to get used to the English game before moving to a bigger club. Even then its unlikely.

Newcastle, or Leeds or even Sheffield Wednesday are more appropriate Dortmund comparisons. Huge clubs that could attract 60k per week if they were in the champions league. Problems are Newcastle's owner and Leeds and Sheff Wednesday are in the wrong league.

The only way you could get Klopp is to say come here for a year or two to get used to the English game before moving to a bigger club. Even then its unlikely.

Winning the title with Liverpool or Tottenham would be a massive challenge. I think he'll end up at one of those two if they start badly.

The Thai's might not even know who Klopp is.

Aren't Neville & Rudkin in charge of/have a hand in getting a new manager in?

After a couple of days thinking about it, it may not be quite as disastrous if we can land Moyes or Klopp, both unlikely but not outside the realms of possibility. Some on here are making out its impossible but he's said he'd coach in England and outside the top six, whether that's West Ham and Everton level or anyone who he feels he can take far we don't know, but until it comes out he's totally snubbed it I'll remain hopeful :)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451892/Liverpool-linked-Jurgen-Klopp-admits-just-phone-call-away-managing-England

It's mainly linking him with Liverpool and bigger clubs but I will pick out some interesting point and interesting quotes.

It's still hugely unlikely but i've said it and i'll keep saying it, the owners have got ambition, the owners have got money, hook em' out and get him, atleast call him, try and get him. What is there to lose?

It's pretty much the only appointment that will get me back on side and many others I imagine.

There is no guarentee he will be successful, but he is about the only exciting and positive name on the list.

****ing hell if we don't even both asking him when he's throwing out quotes like that I don't know what we're doing

****ing hell if we don't even both asking him when he's throwing out quotes like that I don't know what we're doing

Aren't we the only premier league club currently without a manager? To come out and say that now is almost like a "come and get me" call to us. I can't believe that Klopp could happen, but I'd literally explode into orgasm if it did.

Klopp isn't a name I imagine that resonates with them. Hiddink is a big name in Asia. Mind you not sure how that explains Cotterill or Lennon.

Rudkin and Neville should be telling the Thai's to at least try for Klopp. Nothing to lose except a few minutes on a phone call.

It does appear like a come and get me from Klopp, with the caveat that he might only stay a season or two. Great way for him to learn the Prem and is to profit from him.

klopp's statement was early june when brendan's future was a bit cloudy. i suspect it was issued for FSG's benefit.

Sheff wed could not attract 60k each week, I know they could well have a bigger fan base then us but 60k I very much doubt it

Archived