Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

And a perma tanned ex cricketer who likes to crowbar the word 'what' in wherever he possibly can who once compared a cricket tour of the Windies with doing service in Afghanistan.

I think we should waste no time in appointing Goughy as manager.

Just a couple of points regarding the back room staff. Obviously depending were Pearson ends up and assuming the club want to retain their services but at the minute they're employed by a premier league club, like many players would they want to drop down a division? Assuming persons next job is there. Also I can remember an interview with Pearson last season were he suggested that Shakespeare has ambitions to be a manager in the future, could we ask him? Also seeing Walsh interviewed after the Okazaki purchase he looked enthused and exited, maybe he would be happy to remain here as head of scouting as it's got to be much more exiting than scraping round on a tight budget which could be the situation if he follows Nigel to his next club.

Just a couple of points regarding the back room staff. Obviously depending were Pearson ends up and assuming the club want to retain their services but at the minute they're employed by a premier league club, like many players would they want to drop down a division? Assuming persons next job is there. Also I can remember an interview with Pearson last season were he suggested that Shakespeare has ambitions to be a manager in the future, could we ask him? Also seeing Walsh interviewed after the Okazaki purchase he looked enthused and exited, maybe he would be happy to remain here as head of scouting as it's got to be much more exiting than scraping round on a tight budget which could be the situation if he follows Nigel to his next club.

Was thinking the same thing. Who knows when and where Pearson will go next. I'm not too concerned about  Walsh and Shakespeare jumping ship just yet.

Was thinking the same thing. Who knows when and where Pearson will go next. I'm not too concerned about  Walsh and Shakespeare jumping ship just yet.

They will also know exactly what happened and why and if they view Pearson's sacking as deserved and don't blame the Thais, then they are more likely to stay.

I would like to see a statement publicly backing them and stating the intention is to carry on with the progress we have made and we are bringing in a man to work with them and the current set-up.

Talksport's Dutch Correspondent has just speculated that Hiddink MAY come to City, but would ONLY be interested in a Director of Football role, working with a younger Coach.  The Talksport crowd then went on to discuss the likelihood of Cambiasso being that Coach.  

Why Cambi, could be super Kev?

Why Cambi, could be super Kev?

I'll tell you something, I will love it if we get Keegan! LOVE IT!

oh you mean kevin phillips.   ...nevermind.

Guest MattP

'During his last term as our national coach he looked completely lost, too tired and some even accused him of dementia. I think he is done since he doesnt have the energy anymore.'

lol

There may or may not be a candidate, but I'd like to think we've actually made an effort to think about what they would preferably like to keep from the current structure and had a look around for someone successful using something similar. All I've heard for the last year or so is how great Swansea and Saints are because they jacked x manager, but kept some continuity in style of play etc.

I'm not overly fussed about formations, but there is no point in getting someone who players 1 up front when we now have 5 strikers. I'd say we are definitely a team that attacks at pace, not long ball but quick at getting the ball forward. That's what the players know, that's what we know they can do. If we get someone who wants to play tippy tappy possession football from the off, you're going to be asking the likes of Schlupp,  Vardy, Morgan, Was, Huth etc  to be doing something frankly they probably can't do.

I agree we shouldn't be playing tippy-tappy possession football from the off. I remember them trying to do that with Sousa only too painfully.

And I'd love to see some continuity, I'm just not sure how possible it is and perhaps I'm preparing myself for a dodgy appointment and trying to remain upbeat about it.

I don't know. It only hit me this morning that I was actually incredibly gutted about all this!

I suppose the difference with Swansea/Southampton is that their establishment at this level, even in the early stages, was based on more than nine games, most of which were against mediocre opposition.

My feeling is that they'll meet Hiddink in London over the weekend and it's his if he wants it (sticking point could be money), Lennon if not and he'll definitely take it. Announced either way by Wednesday at the latest.

Does that sound about right?

I think Hiddink is now first choice but as you say if the owners fail to offer him a decent offer then it'll go to Lennon. It's pretty laughable really when you compare the cv's.

Guest Foxin_mad

I hope so because Hiddink is an old giffer ready for his zimmer. If that old croc gets it might send my ticket back. Already seen Sven Mk1 dont want to see MK2 epic failure. Brought to you by King Power in association with Air Asia - Thailand always amazing.

Archived