Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

My point is how can people not understand that the board did not make this decision to hurt the club, the players, the fans o  their own interest.  It must of been something very concerning to sack a successful and popular manager.  Do people really think this would of been done if there were alternative actions?  Why in gods name would they have done this if it could have been avoided.

So saying Dumbest, stupidest etc is just completely naive and immature.

Surely you're aware that the history of football is littered with examples of boards, with the best of intentions, making bad decisions which lead to a drastic downturn in the club's fortunes?

It's happened to us often enough too - the appointment of McLintock and Hamilton, the attempts by Pierpoint to topple Elsom, Walker and O'Neill, the appointment of and over-spending under Taylor, appointments of Bassett, Levein, Allen, Megson, Holloway, Sousa and the directionless big-spending under Sven, the forcing out of Pearson the first time around.

This very same board may have made the same mistakes before. Sousa and them were supposedly shown around on the same day, in the play-off second leg, as the terms of their takeover were finalised. Then, of course, they appointed Sven who was significantly younger and more successful than, say, Hiddink.

It went badly wrong then. Surely it's not naive or immature to be just a little worried to see the same people doing the same thing all over again, regardless of how much money they splash around. On the other hand, it must be incredibly, logic-defyingly naive to believe that boards' decisions are consistently in the best interests of a club. Especially when you're a Leicester fan, let alone a Blackburn, Portsmouth, Hull, Leeds or Blackpool fan. Among many, many others.

Maybe if we clone sir alex orrrrrr get his son to try some premium cocaine it might have the same effect?

Looking at the list of candidates out there does not make me feel good at all. Recycled garbage.

Gus seems like a decent candidate but definitely not long term so i questiom the point really.

Surely you're aware that the history of football is littered with examples of boards, with the best of intentions, making bad decisions which lead to a drastic downturn in the club's fortunes?

It's happened to us often enough too - the appointment of McLintock and Hamilton, the attempts by Pierpoint to topple Elsom, Walker and O'Neill, the appointment of and over-spending under Taylor, appointments of Bassett, Levein, Allen, Megson, Holloway, Sousa and the directionless big-spending under Sven, the forcing out of Pearson the first time around.

This very same board may have made the same mistakes before. Sousa and them were supposedly shown around on the same day, in the play-off second leg, as the terms of their takeover were finalised. Then, of course, they appointed Sven who was significantly younger and more successful than, say, Hiddink.

It went badly wrong then. Surely it's not naive or immature to be just a little worried to see the same people doing the same thing all over again, regardless of how much money they splash around. On the other hand, it must be incredibly, logic-defyingly naive to believe that boards' decisions are consistently in the best interests of a club. Especially when you're a Leicester fan, let alone a Blackburn, Portsmouth, Hull, Leeds or Blackpool fan. Among many, many others.

I am not looking to history but to the situation that must of been confronting the current board.  History has nothing to do with it.  Frankly too many of our fans live in fear of the past rather than deal with the here and now.  For this board to take the action they did, there must of been  no alternative available. This would of been a very difficult decision and they would have known the reaction they would get. 

We are now enjoying the strongest and most financially stable LCFC we have ever had. We have to to start acting like fans of a Premier League team and not living in fear of going down.  Yes it is a possibility as it is for all clubs, but we need to start believing that we are here to stay and act like it.  Everyone wants us to sign great players, then complain that it is to much if we go down.  Well I for one would like us to be a PL team for a long time and behave like one.  That should include the fans who are ambitious.

If  we as fans are always preparing to be a yo-yo club then that is a miserable place to be and I for one won't and wont live in fear or the past.

Our new owners are putting THEIR money where it counts.  If they felt they had to sack Pearson then I am sure they had to sack Pearson.  Do you think they will hand over their prized possession of this club over to a crap manager?  I don't and think they will find the best available. 

I am not looking to history but to the situation that must of been confronting the current board.  History has nothing to do with it.  Frankly too many of our fans live in fear of the past rather than deal with the here and now.  For this board to take the action they did, there must of been  no alternative available. This would of been a very difficult decision and they would have known the reaction they would get. 

We are now enjoying the strongest and most financially stable LCFC we have ever had. We have to to start acting like fans of a Premier League team and not living in fear of going down.  Yes it is a possibility as it is for all clubs, but we need to start believing that we are here to stay and act like it.  Everyone wants us to sign great players, then complain that it is to much if we go down.  Well I for one would like us to be a PL team for a long time and behave like one.  That should include the fans who are ambitious.

If  we as fans are always preparing to be a yo-yo club then that is a miserable place to be and I for one won't and wont live in fear or the past.

Our new owners are putting THEIR money where it counts.  If they felt they had to sack Pearson then I am sure they had to sack Pearson.  Do you think they will hand over their prized possession of this club over to a crap manager?  I don't and think they will find the best available. 

• Fear is bulit from risk. 
  • risk is probable or improbable, high or low consequence
  • risk can be mitigated
  • risk can be underwritten

the historical examples people refer to are highlighting the risk in many peoples minds

the risks historically were more probable then than they are today as there are now measures in place to prevent them

There is substantial income today to help mitigate

We have owners who are able and willing to underwrite

The fact that the historical risk exist mean greater awareness exists and governance to prevent is in place today.

In life to grow, you must take risks, but if you assess them, mitigate them where possible and are willing (in this case) to finance them in the event of failure, then you will ultimately succeed.

With all due respect to most on the forum, including me, we live day to day in our own lives determining our path based on lots of detailed knowledge about our lives, but our view on the lives of others, on organisations and cultures is generally based on much less information, much of it which comes from what we read and hear and hence we work on perception, and we are susceptible to being swayed by the opinions and perceptions of others who also are not close to the detail. We view things from afar uneducated as to the detail those involved are aware of.

But it is human nature. Anyway my point is, those, close to the details believe they have the funds and ability to grow this club, their plans to me seem viable, there is a PCG in in place, they are successful, know how to manage risk and we need to let them. We only need to trust and support and until the day comes when they do something that really breaks that trust and it is broken (broken , not up for challenge) where we have sufficient detail to believe it is broken then to grow, we must trust in those that have all the detail

The first risk most of you guys took was to get on 2 legs and walk. If you never took that risk, well for most  it's a long crawl every week to the KP 

Klopp is ideal, young and hungry but he surely is so far out our league, but reading that article he seems to be looking for a challenge. He will be backed well here and have a sporting director to handle deals... so we kind of fit the bill. If we got him it would be a massive coup for the club and certainly a huge step forward.

We won't get Klopp but there's no harm in trying to entice him. We may have already but it would be nice if Sky or somebody got wind of it and reported it. For me, a slightly more realistic target would be Moyes, and I think we should go all out for him. He had a tough time at Man United but he's had a while to get over that in Spain, and seems to be enjoying it, he's got his mojo back.

He's somebody who spends well, builds competitive teams who play decent football, sticks around and tries to improve year upon year, and I genuinely believe he can take us to the next level, which should be establishing ourselves as a top flight side, not wildly aiming higher, which is what it seems like the owners are trying to do. Of course he may not want to join, but like Klopp we should just go for it, we are a circus at the moment anyway, what's the worst that could happen?

• Fear is bulit from risk.
  • risk is probable or improbable, high or low consequence
  • risk can be mitigated
  • risk can be underwritten
the historical examples people refer to are highlighting the risk in many peoples minds

the risks historically were more probable then than they are today as there are now measures in place to prevent them

There is substantial income today to help mitigate

We have owners who are able and willing to underwrite

The fact that the historical risk exist mean greater awareness exists and governance to prevent is in place today.

In life to grow, you must take risks, but if you assess them, mitigate them where possible and are willing (in this case) to finance them in the event of failure, then you will ultimately succeed.

With all due respect to most on the forum, including me, we live day to day in our own lives determining our path based on lots of detailed knowledge about our lives, but our view on the lives of others, on organisations and cultures is generally based on much less information, much of it which comes from what we read and hear and hence we work on perception, and we are susceptible to being swayed by the opinions and perceptions of others who also are not close to the detail. We view things from afar uneducated as to the detail those involved are aware of.

But it is human nature. Anyway my point is, those, close to the details believe they have the funds and ability to grow this club, their plans to me seem viable, there is a PCG in in place, they are successful, know how to manage risk and we need to let them. We only need to trust and support and until the day comes when they do something that really breaks that trust and it is broken (broken , not up for challenge) where we have sufficient detail to believe it is broken then to grow, we must trust in those that have all the detail

The first risk most of you guys took was to get on 2 legs and walk. If you never took that risk, well for most it's a long crawl every week to the KP </p>

That comment deserves better than to be lost in the depths of the guus hiddink thread of this forum. I feel like I've been taught a life lesson today.

Apologies if it's already been posted    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/09/jurgen-klopp-premier-league-very-exciting

Stretching the criteria and exceptions mentioned in the article, Leicester could fit the bill.

3 points.

That article was dated 9th June.

It states he wants to take a break first.

It refers to Liverpool as a club.

We aren't getting him, face the facts he is way out of our league.

He wants a challenge not an elite club it seems, ideally in the PL. Sounds crazy but it is apparently his and his agents words

He did indeed..direct quotes in a serious newspaper. What he said matches us to a tee. All that is needed to bridge that gap would be a serious sense of ambition and a chequebook. So it may not be impossible

He did indeed..direct quotes in a serious newspaper. What he said matches us to a tee. All that is needed to bridge that gap would be a serious sense of ambition and a chequebook. So it may not be impossible

He probably mean Liverpool or Tottenham when he says that, not Leicester.

He'll probably be favourite for the next job that comes available in the top six, I can't see him coming here and be satisfied turning us into the 7th best team in the PL.

You know when Sven was first mooted as a possible manager to serve Leicester I laughed it off and said to myself it would never happen, a high profile manager as he was back then and yet it happened. Ok it didn't work out but I'll never say never over Klopp, after all the owners did talk about getting into 5th place! Now before I'm shot down I'm not thinking that this would realistically happen but even if we try it's surely a sign of ambition.

Archived