Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Guest MattP

If we can keep the backroom staff and the scouting network, transfer policy, etc. then I'd be a lot happier, definitely. How likely is this?

Extremely unlikely I'd say given previous loyalty.

It's truly horrendous, isn't it?

There had to have been something involving brown envelopes going on during that world cup - and like I said, many Koreans tip a wink to the suggestion without being able to outright admit it too.

But it makes you wonder - and I'm digressing from the OP here - if it was the case that this was rigged, then what other tournaments/teams were also during World Cup history?

For that particular tournament I am going to guess it was probably a FIFA directive to raise the profile of football in that area....

Some of the calls were so bleeding obvious that even the most corrupt referees and linesmen in the world wouldn't of had the balls to make those calls...

We could just force them to stay, they have a nice new contract. If they want to break it without consent we can have them on gardening leave for the next 2/3 years.

Money talks - they will be very settled here and will be as gutted as Pearson - A lot of this may depend on how long it is before he gets a job. He gets compensation - they won't if they resign. They probably won't resign until he gets a job. If we can offer them a really big deal, it will be hard for them to walk away from and it will be hard for Pearson's new club to match. Add in some incentives for Shaky who looks to be the most loyal in terms of giving him a path to management and it may be enough to sway them. If Pearson id a decent bloke, he would understand though deep down know that the team brought success, not him as leader alone and this will worry him.

'During his last term as our national coach he looked completely lost, too tired and some even accused him of dementia. I think he is done sonce he doesnt have the energy anymore.'

Promising opinion to see

Jesus, if he can't get motivated for 5 games a year how will he cope with 38 in the worlds most competitive league! I appreciate this is just someones opinion mind.

Jesus, if he can't get motivated for 5 games a year how will he cope with 38 in the worlds most competitive league! I appreciate this is just someones opinion mind.

That and the fact that one of his biggest failings with them was his refusal to play 3-5-2 (what we play obviously) instead of 4-3-3 makes this seem a disaster waiting to happen and an appointment made purely on name

Don't know if this has already been posted: Hiddink steps down from Dutch job on 29th, Nige sacked 30th.

Dutch "expert" on Talksport suggested he might do job with younger man working beneath him(Cambiasso?)

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Talksport's Dutch Correspondent has just speculated that Hiddink MAY come to City, but would ONLY be interested in a Director of Football role, working with a younger Coach.  The Talksport crowd then went on to discuss the likelihood of Cambiasso being that Coach.  

I think there's a lot of valid concerns over Hiddink, but considering our situation I'd be reasonably happy if we hired him.

Short of Moyes who sounds happy in Spain, and Allardyce who doesn't seem in a rush, there's not a whole lot of solid options out there.

Plus I'd rather have Hiddink now, then have to wait another month for somebody who's probably not any better.

Archived