Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Hiddink is on the seniors tour. He can't be a long term solution. Clubs with stability do better over the long term coz management changes dilute the returns from investments in players. In uk we have loads of tv money...and some of the best players in the world as a result... but still we haven't dot the best teams in europe.... we keep changing managers!

We should appoint for the long term. The best manager .... adding value to the ability of his squad, apart from Jose, is Koeman.. and he has years ahead of him. We should go get him.

Hiddink is on the seniors tour. He can't be a long term solution. Clubs with stability do better over the long term coz management changes dilute the returns from investments in players. In uk we have loads of tv money...and some of the best players in the world as a result... but still we haven't dot the best teams in europe.... we keep changing managers!

We should appoint for the long term. The best manager .... adding value to the ability of his squad, apart from Jose, is Koeman.. and he has years ahead of him. We should go get him.

I agree entirely that we should look to do this next year but appoint Hoodwink for now and spend the year lining the right person up.... or on a 2 year basis gradually wean Shakespeare into the role with HIddink handing over gradually in a succession management plan

Is there any evidence that shakey is anything other than Nigel's mate? Whenever I see them speaking pitch side, shakey never seems to have much input to the conversation. When Nigel was sitting in the stand, KP seemed to be more involved in getting the message across than shakey.

Interested to read Jason Burt of the Telegraph on Twitter who was good friends of Hiddink whilst at Chelsea. He states that he's lost the drive and desire.

Does he mean since then? All the players were begging him to stay when he was there.

Guest MattP

Does he mean since then? All the players were begging him to stay when he was there.

You have to seriously wonder why he didn't take it if that was the case. Doesn't make much sense.

He was managing Turkey a few months later, surely nowhere near as attractive as Chelsea.

You have to seriously wonder why he didn't take it if that was the case. Doesn't make much sense.

He was managing Turkey a few months later, surely nowhere near as attractive as Chelsea.

Didnt want to be surrounded by a bunch of rentboys?

Didn't want to work with abramovich? I imagine he's quite a stressful person to work for.

I genuinely cannot believe they would sack Pearson because of his conduct and replace him with Lennon.

It would literally be unbelievable.

I was as big a fan of Nigel as anyone, but seriously you and all have to move on it has happened and probably for a very good reason that we will probably never know.  So let's get on with where the club is heading. I am sure it will work out.  Life does go on after big decisions.

I was as big a fan of Nigel as anyone, but seriously you and all have to move on it has happened and probably for a very good reason that we will probably never know. So let's get on with where the club is heading. I am sure it will work out. Life does go on after big decisions.

I don't think that's Oxide's point. If Nige's conduct were the reason he was sacked, it wouldn't make much sense to replace him with Lennon, who's no saint on the touchline.

I was as big a fan of Nigel as anyone, but seriously you and all have to move on it has happened and probably for a very good reason that we will probably never know.  So let's get on with where the club is heading. I am sure it will work out.  Life does go on after big decisions.

I'm not sure why some people can't distinguish between disputing a board decision about Nigel Pearson and getting behind the new manager. You can disagree with the sacking, think it was one of the dumbest, silliest decisions ever and still fall in love with whoever comes next. Just because you recognise the risks associated with Pearson's sacking doesn't mean you don't hope it all works out beautifully.

I'm not sure why some people can't distinguish between disputing a board decision about Nigel Pearson and getting behind the new manager. You can disagree with the sacking, think it was one of the dumbest, silliest decisions ever and still fall in love with whoever comes next. Just because you recognise the risks associated with Pearson's sacking doesn't mean you don't hope it all works out beautifully.

My point is how can people not understand that the board did not make this decision to hurt the club, the players, the fans o  their own interest.  It must of been something very concerning to sack a successful and popular manager.  Do people really think this would of been done if there were alternative actions?  Why in gods name would they have done this if it could have been avoided.

So saying Dumbest, stupidest etc is just completely naive and immature.

Archived