AjcW Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Just a change of pace... Given how much chatter is going on about the managers! Although he may not even be selected under a new regime, is anyone a little worried at the lack of a break Wes has had? Back to back tournaments, can it be seen as his version of a pre season or something that will ultimately catch up with him post January if he is still first choice? Thoughts?
TheUltimateWinner Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 The fitness and sports science staff will take this into account and create a personal program for him. I'd say that side of our club is the best in the league and we shall have no worries there.
Bagworthblue Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Just a change of pace... Given how much chatter is going on about the managers! Although he may not even be selected under a new regime, is anyone a little worried at the lack of a break Wes has had? Back to back tournaments, can it be seen as his version of a pre season or something that will ultimately catch up with him post January if he is still first choice? Thoughts? it's ok, he is being fitted with powered roller boots to compensate
cc_star Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 If they kept Cambiasso going from the Chelsea game to Newcastle, they can do anything
biggs Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Anyone see his attempt at a clearance off the goal line the other day. Should have used his left foot but hammered it with his right into the roof of his own goal.
Jace Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 No point worrying about it lets face it he's not gonna get any slower is he?
Fridgechef Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Anyone see his attempt at a clearance off the goal line the other day. Should have used his left foot but hammered it with his right into the roof of his own goal. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but he is an absolute liability, and is not good enough for the prem
Fox92 Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Need another quality centre half (like Huth). Have faith in Moore but not sure if a loan move would be better for him atm.
Fridgechef Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Need another quality centre half (like Huth). Have faith in Moore but not sure if a loan move would be better for him atm. I say whoever comes in should give Moore a huge chance!
Wymsey Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Always got Huth and Was to rely upon, both better players personally, if there's doubt about his fitness at start of season.
LCCFox96 Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 Any concerns people have over Wes' fitness after his fixture loaded summer should just further highlight a fact that most fans seem to agree on. We need to sign another CB before the summer is up, especially if we stick to the 3-5-2 formation.
Guest Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 I'd imagine that there's next to no chance that he's be marshalling the defence three months from now if he plays like he did last year so I wouldn't worry too much.
ronnup Posted 10 July 2015 Posted 10 July 2015 He was dreadful for most of the season and then brilliant for a small yet important part. Hey you deal with that as a manager I ha e no idea.
ALC Fox Posted 11 July 2015 Posted 11 July 2015 I think Wes's fitness will be an issue as he needs a break. I think Was is good enough to sit alongside Huth from the start of the season. If the new manager goes with 3 centre backs I'd have questions about a defence of Huth, Was, and Moore or Huth, Was and de Laet. When Wes returns, he'll slot into a back 3 nicely but I think it's a toss up as to whether or not he should replace Was in a back 4. This is Moore's make-or-break season for me. I can see him leaving the club permanently this time next year if he doesn't break through. But, he has potential and is clearly rated quite highly, his inclusion in the England U21 squad is proof of that. He needs to learn from last season as he just struggled to adapt to the Premier League. I echo the thoughts of some others: another new centre-back would make me feel a lot better going into the new season.
The other Ollie Posted 11 July 2015 Posted 11 July 2015 Wes is forever flogging places on this football coaching business via titter, so I doubt he'll have time to play for us
NewquayFox Posted 11 July 2015 Posted 11 July 2015 Still think we need another younger agile centre half for the new Season, we have 3 big strong defenders but all 30ish, I'm sure whoever the new manager is he will know all about us and have his own plans drawn up... Up the City....
shailen Posted 11 July 2015 Posted 11 July 2015 He has been scapegoated for a poor 8/10 game spell where the whole team underperformed. Immense at the start of the season for the first 8 games or so and immense for the last 15 or so games. During that losing spell every single player underperformed, including Vardy, Cambiasso, Ulloa....etc. Not sure why he has got the criticism apart from the fact that his failures were more obvious, I.e. the own goals. Statistically he has been one of the better defenders in the league, according to some indexes and so I just don't get the argument. I think he will be okay considering his team exited early on and so he has had more time to recover.
shailen Posted 11 July 2015 Posted 11 July 2015 After Leicester's sensational end to the Premier League season - seven wins from nine games, conceding only seven goals in the process - their club captain deserves recognition here. The mountainous Wes Morgan missed just one game this season, won over 80% of his tackles and chipped in with a goal in the crucial win over Newcastle. Unsurprisingly, for the first name on a Nigel Pearson teamsheet, Morgan wasn't afraid to put his body on the line - only two defenders made more interceptions and only one blocked more shots than the Jamaican international. His well-earned summer holiday will be in Chile...where he'll have to stop Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez at the Copa America.
ImBlue Posted 11 July 2015 Posted 11 July 2015 He has been scapegoated for a poor 8/10 game spell where the whole team underperformed. Immense at the start of the season for the first 8 games or so and immense for the last 15 or so games. During that losing spell every single player underperformed, including Vardy, Cambiasso, Ulloa....etc. Not sure why he has got the criticism apart from the fact that his failures were more obvious, I.e. the own goals. Statistically he has been one of the better defenders in the league, according to some indexes and so I just don't get the argument. I think he will be okay considering his team exited early on and so he has had more time to recover. Couldn't agree more. Maybe overshadowed my Huth since January, and arguably Wasyl when he replaced Liam Moore but I don't understand the level of criticism. And couldn't get any slower? Considering I'd have him as our quickest centre half, and our slowest is probably our best, it's just a lazy response. I'd be happy if we reinforced the CB position but at the expense of Moore who I believe struggled badly after a couple of good games early doors.
Aus Fox Posted 12 July 2015 Posted 12 July 2015 A win for Jamaica today over Canada means thy should make the quarter finals of the Gold Cup. Could be a while before he is back is action with us.
sotheysay Posted 12 July 2015 Posted 12 July 2015 Well, he didn't have much to do today to be honest. Pretty funny/depressing watching our Canadian boys get out muscled by Wes every time we hoofed it. We`re terrible.
NewquayFox Posted 12 July 2015 Posted 12 July 2015 Morgan does the job he is paid for, powerful in the air, strong tackles and blocks, strikers know he won't give them an easy game, chips in with a few goals, makes the odd ricket/own goal as most defenders do, not controversial and then he gets slagged off but hey this is Leicester City and it's what our fans do.....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.