Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Ranieri's Assistant Manager / Head Coach ?

Walsh will keep his job I reckon (Thank you!) Shakespeare i'm uncertain about, I do wonder if he put his name in for the managers position too. He did well as Pearson's enforcer but imagine Ranieri will want his own team to come. 

Could see Shakespeare being relieved of his duties, Steve Walsh stepping aside as assistant and retaining his role of Head of Recruitment, with Ranieri bringing in an assistant manager.

Hard to call.

Still no news about who Claudio's 'backroom team' will be; but he will need to get someone in pretty sharpish.  Though I guess if Nige is still hanging around to sort out compo or arbitration for his sacking, Shaky and Walsh won't be in a rush to move ?

Zola was with Ranieri as a player at Chelsea, all the time he was there.  I'm sure his English Management / Coaching experience might be valuable; problem is, he's only just signed a contract in Qatar - literally a week ago - so he's probably out.

Just a thought, but if CR sticks around with us for a few years, I wonder if we might eventually see Frank Lampard joining the coaching staff?

Can't see Lampard going into coaching/management. He doesn't need the money nor the hassle.

Can't see Lampard going into coaching/management. He doesn't need the money nor the hassle.

Apparently he's into property, so he'll probably be in that type of job market after.

He won't.

Two are technically "a few" :ph34r:, but let's see how it all develops. Ranieri's tenure will be a testament to the owners' intentions - because I do hope they stick long enough with him, even through harder times.

Two are technically "a few" :ph34r:, but let's see how it all develops. Ranieri's tenure will be a testament to the owners' intentions - because I do hope they stick long enough with him, even through harder times.

I'm not sure if he'll be sacked or leave of his own accord but i'm fairly confident in saying he'll not last any longer than 1½ years, i'll be surprised if he lasts longer than a year if i'm honest.

Whilst being confident of that, i'm far from happy about it, that's my point.

I don't actually think they (The owners) will sack him, certainly not without things getting extremely bad, because that would be admitting they're wrong wouldn't it.

As others have said it's quite bad we're talking about then end of his tenure almost before it's even started, but that says alot about the whole situation I guess.

I agree with Matt. I don't see this as being a long term appointment, he seems to be at that stage where he just drifts between clubs. Plenty of managers, and players come to think of it, who seem to get into a kind of casual mode late in their careers. I don't think he'll do badly but I expect his stint to just peter out in one way or another and we'll have to bring someone else in.

Just a thought, but if CR sticks around with us for a few years, I wonder if we might eventually see Frank Lampard joining the coaching staff?

I would think it more likely that Zola will (re-)join him - perhaps fairly soon, when his 'Qatari Holiday' is over (my bet is, he won't be long there).  I wonder if he knew Ranieri applied for the City job / was to be offered it, before signing the Qatar contract ?!

I'm not sure if he'll be sacked or leave of his own accord but i'm fairly confident in saying he'll not last any longer than 1½ years, i'll be surprised if he lasts longer than a year if i'm honest.

Whilst being confident of that, i'm far from happy about it, that's my point.

I don't actually think they (The owners) will sack him, certainly not without things getting extremely bad, because that would be admitting they're wrong wouldn't it.

As others have said it's quite bad we're talking about then end of his tenure almost before it's even started, but that says alot about the whole situation I guess.

I agree with Matt. I don't see this as being a long term appointment, he seems to be at that stage where he just drifts between clubs. Plenty of managers, and players come to think of it, who seem to get into a kind of casual mode late in their careers. I don't think he'll do badly but I expect his stint to just peter out in one way or another and we'll have to bring someone else in.

Has anyone looked at just how long Premier managers are in a job for let alone Coaches at high level European teams?

It's not how long he's here, but what he achieves and how we are set up when he leaves.

Has anyone looked at just how long Premier managers are in a job for let alone Coaches at high level European teams?

It's not how long he's here, but what he achieves and how we are set up when he leaves.

Ultimately we ought to be looking for a long term manager. It's easier to progress if one manager is allowed to build on his one approach. I think you risk going back a few steps when you appoint a new bloke because of the friction that comes when changing tactics, personality and recruitment.

The big test for Walsh and Shakespeare is when NP gets a new job. I'm hoping that won't be until the PL sackings start in December. My nightmare scenario is Villa sacking Sherwood appionting NP, taking Walsh and Shakespeare and then taking Villa to the top 6!

The longer they work with Ranieri, the better chance we have of keeping the team together. Let's hope NP decides he wants some time out to fight wolves, bears, pandas etc.

Not to be confused with several though.

Archived