Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
justfoxes

Moaning Miserable Munters !

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is it the same moaning miserable munters we've had for the last couple of years? Or entirely new ones?

Posted

Is it the same moaning miserable munters we've had for the last couple of years? Or entirely new ones?

Different usename, same style.

Only this time with their most adored hate subject gone.

Posted

Great question. It's a really tough thing to be because I don't think any of other business it is like it, instead of shareholders to please it's supporters, instead of financial investment from cusomters it's emotional investment.

I still think Martin George was the best owner/chairman we had, he wasn't absolutely loaded himself but he seemed to realise where the club was and where it could be, he picked three managers during his time here, Brian Little, Mark McGhee and Martin O'Neill, I don't think anyone could claim to have a better record than that in managerial appointments.

I think a good owner is someone who cares about the club and would go to any length to make sure it is still there for the next generation of it's faithful, sees the football as the total priority and the thing that decisions should always be based on, has a level head, is sensible, doesn't see it as a model for his own personal interests or business and above all realises that the supporters are his customer, but also that they are not customers in any sense of the world.

It's someone who would never seek to make money out of the club for themselves, they are in it for the wrong reasons if that's the case, what Shiekh Mansoor and Roman Abramovich have done is beyond sensational, to invest (sorry not invest, let's use the proper word shall we? Give) that sort of money just to deliver trophies to the supporters is out of this World.

if they do believe that it needs investment and they can provide it then they shouldn't start charging levels of interest on the club to do it, if you run a Premier League club it's likely you have enough money anyway.

You?

We'd actually gone down the league when that figure stood at around 90million lol

I would agree with most of that, Martin George was a good chairman, I alway felt we would have never had the post Peter Taylor meltdown, if he was still in post rather than Jon Elsom!

I think the current owner are more in the mould of Shiekh Mansoor and Roman Abramovich, but it's a hard way to operate at LCFC as we don't have Man City or Chelsea profile!

Posted

Great question. It's a really tough thing to be because I don't think any of other business it is like it, instead of shareholders to please it's supporters, instead of financial investment from cusomters it's emotional investment.

I still think Martin George was the best owner/chairman we had, he wasn't absolutely loaded himself but he seemed to realise where the club was and where it could be, he picked three managers during his time here, Brian Little, Mark McGhee and Martin O'Neill, I don't think anyone could claim to have a better record than that in managerial appointments.

I think a good owner is someone who cares about the club and would go to any length to make sure it is still there for the next generation of it's faithful, sees the football as the total priority and the thing that decisions should always be based on, has a level head, is sensible, doesn't see it as a model for his own personal interests or business and above all realises that the supporters are his customer, but also that they are not customers in any sense of the world.

It's someone who would never seek to make money out of the club for themselves, they are in it for the wrong reasons if that's the case, what Shiekh Mansoor and Roman Abramovich have done is beyond sensational, to invest (sorry not invest, let's use the proper word shall we? Give) that sort of money just to deliver trophies to the supporters is out of this World.

if they do believe that it needs investment and they can provide it then they shouldn't start charging levels of interest on the club to do it, if you run a Premier League club it's likely you have enough money anyway.

You?

We'd actually gone down the league when that figure stood at around 90million lol

Umm.

The facts that should be of material interest in this discussion regarding our owners, rather than subjective opinion on their merits, are:

When they arrived we were in debt, and in the Championship. Having invested 10s of millions over an extended period we are financially stable having finished 14th in the PL.

What's your problem?

Posted

The club is growing at a rapid rate and is now in the top 50 or so worldwide.In another couple of years we could be playing in front of 35000 plus each week if the stadium plans go ahead.The owners have to take credit for all of this.We don't know the exact reasons that Pearson was sacked so difficult to make a judgement on this although we can all speculate.

My only moan is that the club seems to be losing a bit of local identity due to the international branding and the apparent need to have high profile management such as Sven and Ranieri but we have to see their business model as long as the football does not suffer.

Posted

Even if we did expand and got more fans in, we still need the same policies in place and the right type of people to manage the team.

 

The demise of Newcastle now and when they got relegated, springs to mind.

Posted

Matt why do you think you are better than the others posting on here calling people simple ??

You are rude disrespectful and you think you are better than others!!

'You're not !'

 

Your Description there of Matt sounds like big Nige !

Absolutely perfect...just how I want my football teams manager to be .... certainly no diplomatic Brand Whore.....

Guest Col city fan
Posted

What is a 'munter' by the way?

Posted

I have never been the biggest fan of the owners but if they were placed in a position where they felt they couldn't continue with NP then as owners they have the right to make that decision. As for any of that being CR's fault, I can't see that - for crying out loud, last season when we were unable to score and had a comedy defence (most of it) we were urged to get behind NP and the lads. The lads are essentially the same so surely getting behind the new guy, at least until he gives us a reason otherwise, is a pre requisite of supporting the club. I never really liked NP but at least managed to suspend my doubts while he was doing well....it should only be about LCFC and their results and Premiership status, anything else is laughable and shows a mentality bordering on hysteria when after all, we were dead and buried for 75% of the season - will CR get the same respect as NP got? Doubt it.

Guest MattP
Posted

Matt why do you think you are better than the others posting on here calling people simple ??

You are rude disrespectful and you think you are better than others!!

'You're not !'

 

I don't think I'm better than anyone on or off here, this is a forum, we all have opinions and we all should share them on the subject being discussed.

 

I'd guess some people like reading what I write and some don't, if people think that's rude that's up to them.

 

I would agree with most of that, Martin George was a good chairman, I alway felt we would have never had the post Peter Taylor meltdown, if he was still in post rather than Jon Elsom!

I think the current owner are more in the mould of Shiekh Mansoor and Roman Abramovich, but it's a hard way to operate at LCFC as we don't have Man City or Chelsea profile!

 

Absolutely 100% with the first bit, I've had a few conversations with Martin over the years and just how astute he is never fails to amaze me, never seems to get anything wrong and told me personally outside the Holiday Inn he could see Sven was going to be a financial disaster within a couple of months after appointing him (which in hindsight was hugely impressive as we were on a huge winning run at the time) - how he picked up those managers from the lower leagues I'll never know, some people just really know their football and aren't just prepared to follow with hope and blind faith.

 

I don't think our owners can be compared to the two other owners mentioned, I appreciate them writing off the debt (although it was their decision making that caused it and they only did so when we were heading for the riches of the PL) but Mansoor and Roman are on a different level, we are talking about people here who have ploughed almost billions in and asked for so little back, they enjoy the prestige and the trophies and appear to see that as worth paying for.

 

Umm.

The facts that should be of material interest in this discussion regarding our owners, rather than subjective opinion on their merits, are:

When they arrived we were in debt, and in the Championship. Having invested 10s of millions over an extended period we are financially stable having finished 14th in the PL.

What's your problem?

 

You do realise this is nothing really to do with them don't you? They accumulated 90% debt and ended in a worse position for it, then they converted it to equity (remember that) when Nigel Pearson had us on the verge of the Premier League.

 

Giving them credit for us being in a stable financial position in the Premiership is like giving Andrew Ridgeley credit for being a millionaire from his works in Wham.

Posted

/since Pearson was in charge

And your moaning constantly now he is sacked?

Surprising..

Ranieri is rubbish. Owners are rubbish.

Almost like there wasn't really anything to moan about while Nigel was in charge. I don't agree with Matt on Ranieri, I think he's a good manager whose reputation here is ruined by being here before the continental revolution, where anything that wasn't Pulis was suspect, but i don't think you or a lot of Pearsons detractors realise how good we had it with him in charge.

Posted

I don't think I'm better than anyone on or off here, this is a forum, we all have opinions and we all should share them on the subject being discussed.

I'd guess some people like reading what I write and some don't, if people think that's rude that's up to them.

Absolutely 100% with the first bit, I've had a few conversations with Martin over the years and just how astute he is never fails to amaze me, never seems to get anything wrong and told me personally outside the Holiday Inn he could see Sven was going to be a financial disaster within a couple of months after appointing him (which in hindsight was hugely impressive as we were on a huge winning run at the time) - how he picked up those managers from the lower leagues I'll never know, some people just really know their football and aren't just prepared to follow with hope and blind faith.

I don't think our owners can be compared to the two other owners mentioned, I appreciate them writing off the debt (although it was their decision making that caused it and they only did so when we were heading for the riches of the PL) but Mansoor and Roman are on a different level, we are talking about people here who have ploughed almost billions in and asked for so little back, they enjoy the prestige and the trophies and appear to see that as worth paying for.

You do realise this is nothing really to do with them don't you? They accumulated 90% debt and ended in a worse position for it, then they converted it to equity (remember that) when Nigel Pearson had us on the verge of the Premier League.

Giving them credit for us being in a stable financial position in the Premiership is like giving Andrew Ridgeley credit for being a millionaire from his works in Wham.

As an accountant I won't bother getting into a battle over your emboldened words - whatever the inference. Furthermore I am not someone who sits at the feet of rich people lauding their every move. The Thais have made mistakes in their tenure so far, but I fail to see how you cannot see the correlation between their financial input and the improvement in our club's fortunes over that same period.

As a fan of the club, are you not pleased that we are now in a better position?

If so - it won't make you any less of a man to admit it btw - are you not grateful for the 'small mercies' we have been given considering our torrid history over the last decade or so?

For clarity, all this said I do understand things could go pear shaped at sometime but surely we have to enjoy the fact that things are at least 'alright' for the time being?

Posted

Stopped reading at 'manager with potential' lol

The guy is 63, I'm sure he's reached his potential by now. It really is time to move on now from both sides (NP supporters and not).

Ranieri is saying all the right things and it will be exciting to see what sort of football we play under him

Posted

Is that matt p broken or is it a joke? Sounds like he takes life far to serious lol embarrassing lol

Click the edit button and rewrite this so we can understand what you're on about.

Posted

I have never been the biggest fan of the owners but if they were placed in a position where they felt they couldn't continue with NP then as owners they have the right to make that decision. As for any of that being CR's fault, I can't see that - for crying out loud, last season when we were unable to score and had a comedy defence (most of it) we were urged to get behind NP and the lads. The lads are essentially the same so surely getting behind the new guy, at least until he gives us a reason otherwise, is a pre requisite of supporting the club. I never really liked NP but at least managed to suspend my doubts while he was doing well....it should only be about LCFC and their results and Premiership status, anything else is laughable and shows a mentality bordering on hysteria when after all, we were dead and buried for 75% of the season - will CR get the same respect as NP got? Doubt it.

C R saw a job vacancy, expressed an interest in it, applied for it & was successful.

Good luck to him & the team

Posted

I don't think I'm better than anyone on or off here, this is a forum, we all have opinions and we all should share them on the subject being discussed.

I'd guess some people like reading what I write and some don't, if people think that's rude that's up to them.

Absolutely 100% with the first bit, I've had a few conversations with Martin over the years and just how astute he is never fails to amaze me, never seems to get anything wrong and told me personally outside the Holiday Inn he could see Sven was going to be a financial disaster within a couple of months after appointing him (which in hindsight was hugely impressive as we were on a huge winning run at the time) - how he picked up those managers from the lower leagues I'll never know, some people just really know their football and aren't just prepared to follow with hope and blind faith.

I don't think our owners can be compared to the two other owners mentioned, I appreciate them writing off the debt (although it was their decision making that caused it and they only did so when we were heading for the riches of the PL) but Mansoor and Roman are on a different level, we are talking about people here who have ploughed almost billions in and asked for so little back, they enjoy the prestige and the trophies and appear to see that as worth paying for.

You do realise this is nothing really to do with them don't you? They accumulated 90% debt and ended in a worse position for it, then they converted it to equity (remember that) when Nigel Pearson had us on the verge of the Premier League.

Giving them credit for us being in a stable financial position in the Premiership is like giving Andrew Ridgeley credit for being a millionaire from his works in Wham.

You realise Abramovic converts debt to equity as well right? That's how investment into football clubs is done. I assume you understand the reasons, being an "accountant".
Posted

I don't think our owners can be compared to the two other owners mentioned, I appreciate them writing off the debt (although it was their decision making that caused it and they only did so when we were heading for the riches of the PL) but Mansoor and Roman are on a different level, we are talking about people here who have ploughed almost billions in and asked for so little back, they enjoy the prestige and the trophies and appear to see that as worth paying for.

The difference is the other 2 were doing this before FFP came in and wrote off all the debt before FFP came into effect.

Our owners tried that approach for a year with Sven, but had to cut that experiment short as we would have been fvcked over by FFP if we carried on. So thankfully brought in Nige and built sensibly writing off the debt in time to be FFP compliant. It was a high risk strategy it didn't pay off but in the end it cost them and not the club.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...