Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
les-tah

Ranieri - the interview

He's a nice guy, cultured and knowledgable. He also has some steel in him which will be needed.

Yeah I sensed that too.

I doubt he's a pushover (like Sven apparently was).

I think there is some steel there.

Of course now is the easy bit. The talk, the prep etc.

We'll have to see whether the stress of the job affects this calm and likeable persona (as it clearly affected Pearson).

Early days.

Yeah I sensed that too.

I doubt he's a pushover (like Sven apparently was).

I think there is some steel there.

Of course now is the easy bit. The talk, the prep etc.

We'll have to see whether the stress of the job affects this calm and likeable persona (as it clearly affected Pearson).

Early days.

Not you as well. The Pearson digs are getting boring now. And they're all coming from the people telling everyone they should move on

Christ!!!..thanks a bunch..i'd managed to eliminate that from my memory until you brought it up again!! Optimistic that you're right though and hopefully there wont be any comparison

Ha, sorry! I remember it like it was yesterday - so confident he was the right guy to turn us around. Though to be fair he didn't have much to work with. I think we're a bit better equipped now.

Not you as well. The Pearson digs are getting boring now. And they're all coming from the people telling everyone they should move on

Not a dig at all mate.

I was making the point that stress affects behaviour.

Pearson is considered as a calm and friendly bloke when not under tons of pressure.

We need to pause and to see how Ranieri comes across if we start to struggle.

Important to do so IMO.

Now its all new and nice and rosy.

Good.

But let's see in a few months for instance.

I just had a dream.

I went to the first game of the season, and we were rubbish. We were just playing very slow paced, short passing without any energy or purpose.

We scored and had a player sent off, but other than that, it was incredibly boring to watch.

By the end, I was inconsolable at the thought that our 2012/2015 team had been consigned to the dustbin of history.

Please don't let that be a premonition, Claudio.

I just had a dream.

I went to the first game of the season, and we were rubbish. We were just playing very slow paced, short passing without any energy or purpose.

We scored and had a player sent off, but other than that, it was incredibly boring to watch.

By the end, I was inconsolable at the thought that our 2012/2015 team had been consigned to the dustbin of history.

Please don't let that be a premonition, Claudio.

Did that really happen?

I must be the only person on here that doesn't have dreams about LCFC lol

I hope the people that judged him because "he cant speak English well" or "he has no idea about us" are feeling a little more at ease. Very good interview, as Babs says, let's hope he delivers on the pitch, where it matters.

Finding the bloke incredibly likeable, he seems very knowledgeable and not too cocky or big headed. I really want him to do well for us.

Would you say his English is good then?

"I've managed lots of normal teams like Leicester".

Thought we were massive?

Ha! I noticed that too - surprised it took this long for anyone to mention it. #massive

Love how he says "look" at the start of every sentence

"The Italian way" bit put me off. That's usually quite defensive, in which case I could see him starting with 3 at the back.

Two things:

Firstly that is an absolute myth. Serie A was the highest-scoring league in Europe last season.

'Serie A produced 1024 goals (2.72 per game) during the 2014/15 season, the highest number out of Europe’s top five leagues.'

Secondly, playing 3 at the back wasn't particularly defensive when we were putting 3 past Newcastle or 5 past QPR...

He said the right things in the video so I am more tilted towards liking him. Still not happy with the situation though.

Yes his English is ok, but does he understand the culture etc of our club? Not as well as Pearson would have done but hopefully he can learn quickly.

Let's wait and see what happens but he does seem quite arrogant, ironically.

I will make you stronger.

A normal team like Leicester.

You weren't great in November December, I can be better than that.

You hated Pearson for arrogance, but this guy is a big name who house won some trophies somewhere in the world so it's ok. Just a pointer to be made, Ranieri has fallen out with the media and players in the past, it's been heavily publicised, so I am not 100% sure he is going to be much different to Nige with the media etc.

Final point that annoyed me a little is that he said he was at some of the games near the end of the season. Does this mean the Thais had him at the ground and were planning this long before Nigel was sacked? Were they just waiting for an excuse to give him the shove?

He said the right things in the video so I am more tilted towards liking him. Still not happy with the situation though.

Yes his English is ok, but does he understand the culture etc of our club? Not as well as Pearson would have done but hopefully he can learn quickly.

You hated Pearson for arrogance, but this guy is a big name who house won some trophies somewhere in the world so it's ok. Just a pointer to be made, Ranieri has fallen out with the media and players in the past, it's been heavily publicised, so I am not 100% sure he is going to be much different to Nige with the media etc.

Final point that annoyed me a little is that he said he was at some of the games near the end of the season. Does this mean the Thais had him at the ground and were planning this long before Nigel was sacked? Were they just waiting for an excuse to give him the shove?

I'm not having a go here, but Pearson is gone. He did what was expected of him last season - he kept us up. Arguably, I admit imo, we made much harder work of last season than we should have done, but at the end of it all there can be no quibbles.

That said, I simply don't understand why so many people think that Leicester City FC should have revolved around NP forevermore, and that no other manager before or since can possibly live up to him.

Maybe for fans say under 25 I can see the Pearson thing, because he has produced the best team you have seen in your adult life.

Believe me though we've had better than him in the past and hopefully we will have better in the future. Let's hope Ranieri is one of them - who knows?

Did he really say he was 'at some of the games'?  Or did he just mean he watched some of the games on tv/dvd?

Archived