Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
les-tah

Ranieri - the interview

There is something about Ranieri - he is extremely likeable i feel i could agree with anything he says

So, it seems, did the owners, Rudkin and Nevile!

He hasn't had time to judge much. He doesn't have much time to change much. He could start with a back 4 but he's probably judged that if he does that and it doesn't go well, he will be slaughtered. Better to start as we finished and then make tweaks thereafter.

I've watched the full version. I liked a lot of what he said. When asked about what he has seen of us, he said how vital Huth and Cambiasso were in our run in, I imagine he will be just as keen as all of us for Esteban to re-sign. I particularly liked the bit about him not wanting to change too much. The fact that he is not known for playing 3 at the back, but appears willing to do it here shows that he is willing to listen and learn more about the team, rather than coming in with the 'it's my way or no way approach'. I'm excited and optimistic about the way this man can take us forward, bring it on!

Playing like the Italians then, glad he's now fluent in English, it was my one concern.

I see some are still wearing last seasons training tops, the shop not got enough of the new gear in then?

Can't wait for the season yo get going now.

Eta, is he a suit or tracky manager, for Monaco he was a track suit but what in the league?

I get the impression that when he said about his Italian tactical way he meant sort our dreadful defence out lol

Pretty sure only like 3 teams other than us didn't lose by more than 2 goals, and they were Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City, so we must be doing something right. There were certainly matches where we let in horrible goals, but it's not as though we were consistently incredibly leaky, more like just prone to the odd stupid mistake, which again was practically eliminated when Huth slotted into the back 3.

Archived