Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
les-tah

Ranieri - the interview

Pretty sure only like 3 teams other than us didn't lose by more than 2 goals, and they were Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City, so we must be doing something right. There were certainly matches where we let in horrible goals, but it's not as though we were consistently incredibly leaky, more like just prone to the odd stupid mistake, which again was practically eliminated when Huth slotted into the back 3.

I think the opposition were always aware of our ability to break quickly and didn't commit enough to score that extra goal. reasonable tactics to win by two rather than risk conceding and then the chance of a late equaliser.

Annnnd breath... Saying and doing are two different things, but it's nice to hear him say it.

This.

The comment about Cambiasso's importance last season is interesting, too. Surely he wouldn't have said that if he thought that Cambiasso wouldn't sign up again?

I reckon that what he said in the interview, was what we wanted to hear.

With his experience, and fine tuning, we could be set for a happy future.

Nice guy too, and will have lots of contacts around the world, which would be very useful, if and when the time comes.

I hope the people that judged him because "he cant speak English well" or "he has no idea about us" are feeling a little more at ease. Very good interview, as Babs says, let's hope he delivers on the pitch, where it matters.

Finding the bloke incredibly likeable, he seems very knowledgeable and not too cocky or big headed. I really want him to do well for us.

Why is anyone even surprised by this? Did they think he was some kind of crazy despot? He knows we didn't sack Nigel because of our performances on the pitch, he hasn't been brought in to make wholesale changes because we've been struggling.

He has been brought in to build on what we achieved last season not piss all over it. With his experience and tactical knowledge there is every chance we can do that.

Cheeers

just listened!! I'm falling for him

I assume he's going to bring in a very very very good centre back then to compliment Huth

Yeah a reassuring interview. Good hear his recognition of both Huth and Cambiasso. His English isn't perfect, but plenty good enough to get his point across.

Good news but his first signing is likely to be a right back? I reckon he'll revert to 4-4-2 pretty quick

Says who? Because qwerty says that we've basically re-signed Cambiasso, that we're about to hold talks with Kanté (whose opinion of the club has changed now that Ranieri's here), and that we're about to bid for Austin again, all of which were in the works before Ranieri got here, and all of which we'd still be after if he wasn't here at all.

Nothing in that interview gave any indication that he's looking at reverting to 4-4-2. Your username is quickly becoming nothing but an indicator of stupidity.

Why are they even charging for his interview

Maybe to make it seem like it's worth while having foxesplayer... I have it and have thought about getting rid as youtube seems to get everything 1st all be it not the full footage

Says who? Because qwerty says that we've basically re-signed Cambiasso, that we're about to hold talks with Kanté (whose opinion of the club has changed now that Ranieri's here), and that we're about to bid for Austin again, all of which were in the works before Ranieri got here, and all of which we'd still be after if he wasn't here at all.

Nothing in that interview gave any indication that he's looking at reverting to 4-4-2. Your username is quickly becoming nothing but an indicator of stupidity.

Tbf we are apparently looking at that bloke whose name I can't remember but it's similar to Mitterand.  Hopefully just as a Simpson replacement though meaning we'd be keeping the personnel setup to work a 3 at the back system.

But yeah, no reason from that interview to think he's going 4-4-2, or indeed his history as a manager.  An aggressive 4-2-3-1 isn't too far removed from how we play so he does have leeway to revert to type if he really wants.

Tbf we are apparently looking at that bloke whose name I can't remember but it's similar to Mitterand.  Hopefully just as a Simpson replacement though meaning we'd be keeping the personnel setup to work a 3 at the back system.

But yeah, no reason from that interview to think he's going 4-4-2, or indeed his history as a manager.  An aggressive 4-2-3-1 isn't too far removed from how we play so he does have leeway to revert to type if he really wants.

If you mean Tisserand, fair enough. Didn't read that thread but his AS Monaco profile describes him as a centre-back and left back and his Wikipedia page describes him as a centre-back and right back, so I wasn't sure what to think.

Archived