Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
les-tah

Ranieri - the interview

Says who? Because qwerty says that we've basically re-signed Cambiasso, that we're about to hold talks with Kanté (whose opinion of the club has changed now that Ranieri's here), and that we're about to bid for Austin again, all of which were in the works before Ranieri got here, and all of which we'd still be after if he wasn't here at all.

Nothing in that interview gave any indication that he's looking at reverting to 4-4-2. Your username is quickly becoming nothing but an indicator of stupidity.

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Transfer-News-Moonaco-s-Marcel/story-26907476-detail/story.html

Ranieri first signing as in not Cambiasso who was here last year and Kante who we were tracking before CR came here

Maybe not 4-4-2 but def 4 at the back

If you mean Tisserand, fair enough. Didn't read that thread but his AS Monaco profile describes him as a centre-back and left back and his Wikipedia page describes him as a centre-back and right back, so I wasn't sure what to think.

Yeah that's the one. I was being too lazy to open up the transfer talk tab.  Got the impression from that thread that he's an RB, haven't looked any further into it tbh so maybe I should stop forming an opinion on the matter til I have lol

Yeah that's the one. I was being too lazy to open up the transfer talk tab.  Got the impression from that thread that he's an RB, haven't looked any further into it tbh so maybe I should stop forming an opinion on the matter til I have lol

Yeah reading the thread it does seem as though he's a right back and he got his most starts at that position for Toulouse last year (albeit only 8), and only played 177 minutes for Monaco under Ranieri so even if we did get him on loan doesn't really look as though he'd be a player worthy of changing formation for, though yeah I know nothing about him either other than those numbers and a quick read of the thread lol

If you mean Tisserand, fair enough. Didn't read that thread but his AS Monaco profile describes him as a centre-back and left back and his Wikipedia page describes him as a centre-back and right back, so I wasn't sure what to think.

Come on Official site versus Wikipedia.... There's only one winner!! WIKI NEVER LIES!!

"I am very exciting"

"The atmosphere in English stadiums is very warm"

"I like the respect"

"I managed a lot of normal teams... like Leicester" (then going on about his achievement with Cagliari)

Very level-headed, especially given the fact he wants us to play the Italian way (more emphasis on tactics than anything).

I do hope the players can adapt to that change in the next few weeks and that he finds a way to battle the past-safety, no-relegation blues from last season.

Like I said a few times in the weeks and months with Pearson still in charge, the second year in the top division will be very difficult. How do we cement our place in the league from here on?

It can only go in two directions. Up or down. Unless a miracle happens and we find ourselves in 14th spot again. :D

In the ideal case, he can help us move forward the way he did at Parma, a club he managed to establish in Serie A. Or his first stint at Valencia.

The bit about motivation of the squad doesn't reassure me much. He seems to think the squad will automatically be motivated and fighting for their lives...

I think he's right, a lot of this squad have come up from the Championship. It could be their only gig in the PL and they can't afford to waste it by being unmotivated because Pearson has gone.

Archived