Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Susan Whelan calls on fans to trust club's decision to replace Pearson

Pathetic, shit-stirring post. The club are better off without 'fans' like you. Go and support someone else.

It's a very valid post. He obviously wasn't first choice, as Matt said, you don't say you're interested in the job about a week after the last manager, then sign another week later, if you're first choice.

And for the record, I'm hopeful with the appointment and think we can do a good job first, but you're as bad as people who are instantly criticising Ranieri when you instantly criticise them for making a valid point that makes sense just because it hints that the owners aren't 100% perfect.

Can we also trust Susan and her colleagues who selected Ranieri to fall on their swords if this becomes the car crash many including myself are predicting.

Shame you were not as supportive of Pearson.

FFS! Get over him, he`s gone, he`s not coming back, it`s time to move on for the good of the club! 

Think some on here would have preferred it if the club had come out and said we have touted the job to about a dozen people and were getting nowhere, got a copy of the mirror and found Ranieri was mentioned had hoped to bring in Preki but that fell through so we settled on this guy.

Sorry to rain on peoples parade but we have actually got a good manager here and the press conference went as planned.

It's a very valid post. He obviously wasn't first choice, as Matt said, you don't say you're interested in the job about a week after the last manager, then sign another week later, if you're first choice.

And for the record, I'm hopeful with the appointment and think we can do a good job first, but you're as bad as people who are instantly criticising Ranieri when you instantly criticise them for making a valid point that makes sense just because it hints that the owners aren't 100% perfect.

I don't see how that works at all. It's perfectly reasonable that Ranieri said he was interested while the club were drawing up a shortlist and Ranieri was already on it. Then they interviewed whichever candidates they chose and picked Ranieri as their first choice.

There's absolutely nothing in the fact that ranieri said he was interested that guarantees he wasn't first choice. It's frankly a ludicrous suggestion, absurd.

Let's not forget that "MattP" has previously pretended to be in the know regarding the exact order of the club's new manager preferences, a lie told with deliberate intention to discredit the club. We could do with less 'fans' like that.

I don't see how that works at all. It's perfectly reasonable that Ranieri said he was interested while the club were drawing up a shortlist and Ranieri was already on it. Then they interviewed whichever candidates they chose and picked Ranieri as their first choice.

There's absolutely nothing in the fact that ranieri said he was interested that guarantees he wasn't first choice. It's frankly a ludicrous suggestion, absurd.

He might not have been considered initially as they thought there was no way he would be interested, as soon as his name was in the frame and they spoke with him he made himself first choice by being the best candidate.

It will be if we finish anywhere below 14th this season.

It won't just be because of a decision made in July.

Let's just wait and see before we all speculate how crap Ranieri will be and how we'd have finished in the Champions League under Nigel!

It won't just be because of a decision made in July.

Let's just wait and see before we all speculate how crap Ranieri will be and how we'd have finished in the Champions League under Nigel!

The trajectory of finishes in the football league under NP for us has only ever been progressive. Its safe to assume that under NPs leadership therefore that we would have improved on 14th in the new season.

If we don't finish better than 14th then sacking NP and not elaborating on it to the fans would be unjustified.

The trajectory of finishes in the football league under NP for us has only ever been progressive. Its safe to assume that under NPs leadership therefore that we would have improved on 14th in the new season.

If we don't finish better than 14th then sacking NP and not elaborating on it to the fans would be unfustified.

WOW!!!..You've just speculated that we would defo finish above 14th with Nigel.That's one bold statement.

Its not just speculation. I'm going on evidence.

6 years of NP.

6 years of better and better Football League finishes.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

This is the Barclays English Premier League!!

Have you heard about second season syndrome?...Your statement is wildly speculative at best.. So much so that I'm now going bed!!!

I do think we would've improved under Pearson next season but Ranieri deserves the chance to bed in himself. Pearson had the opportunity of a full season in a desperate situation so Ranieri will be offered the same.

Let's not forget that "MattP" has previously pretended to be in the know regarding the exact order of the club's new manager preferences, a lie told with deliberate intention to discredit the club. We could do with less 'fans' like that.

You can argue a point without being personal.You've had a hard on for MattP for a few weeks now. give it a rest will you?

All in all, it feels as if Whelan was made to issue the statement or felt the need to do so herself out of a sense of urgency. My belief is that the club are well aware of the wave(s) the sacking of Pearson has created. They are also keen on not losing support for the club hence the rallying call for unity.

Listen, my gripe isn't with Ranieri. I'll do my best to be open-minded about his chances of succeeding at Leicester City. So far, he's come across as likeable and he's got tons of experience working in all sorts of European top leagues (not that it is in any way a clear indication he'll be able to show what he's made of at Leicester).

The only thing that leaves an awful aftertaste is the way the club dealt with one of our most successful managers in ten, fifteen years when there was no obvious reason to sack him (not to my knowledge) and no proper reason given why he was sacked.

The longer it goes on, the more I think of the owners as a group desperately trying to pursue the strategy of a club that sells well as a whole (also to potential suitors, media and commercial partners), and for that they needed a manager who was more in line with the philosophy and the overall style they're trying to represent and establish.

We're a similar sized club to Southampton, bigger than Swansea. There's nothing wrong with wanting to emulate their success.

Oh, no doubt about that. All we need is a similarly successful and steady youth academy output and we're laughing to the bank.

Might take a couple of years until we get there, mind.

I do hope we're still Premier League by then.

Guest MattP

You can argue a point without being personal.You've had a hard on for MattP for a few weeks now. give it a rest will you?

Don't worry about it, he's an obvious troll and/or a very strange bloke and I put him on ignore within a handful of posts I saw from him.

She didn't relate to it in relation to his son's antics did he (which apparently was the major impact of the decision)?

You expected her to say that? lol

You've already made your mind up what it was about, so if you don't trust the club and think they're a bunch of liars, why would you care what they said anyway?

The specifics aren't that important to me. The crux of it is we finished 14th and he was sacked. Whatever the reasons only an improvement next season will justify their decision.

"...and I say thank you for the coaching, the players I'm selling, thanks for all the racist recordings. Who could live without it? I ask in all honesty, What would life be with out an oustrich or a headlock what are we? So I say thank you for the coaching, for giving it to me."

We're a similar sized club to Southampton, bigger than Swansea. There's nothing wrong with wanting to emulate their success.

True. But it doesn't just happen, I don't believe the people at the club are intelligent enough to implement a long term strategy towards this. That's why the last two managers they appointed have not even been their 1st choice, if we're being frank.

For all their faults, and they did have some glaring tactical ones last season, the only people at the club who had this in them were Pearson and his support staff.

You only have to hear the decision makers talk to know they know bugger all about football.

It's in the lap of the gods, maybe Ranieri is the man to take us to that next level, but I doubt that will be based on our extensive research into him or anything like that. They're hoping for the best as much as we are, they know it's a risk.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Have you heard about second season syndrome?...Your statement is wildly speculative at best.. So much so that I'm now going bed!!!

Everyone's heard of the myth that is second season syndrome. It's meaningless.

He makes a very fair point, as do you with it being a higher level. His limitations were exposed at times last season but to his credit we finished with a flourish. There  was certainly a lot of hope for the upcoming season.

Everything is speculation, we'll never know how we would have done with Pearson which is why the pressure is on for Ranieri to improve us. People will always question if we could have done better with Nigel if we don't impress.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

You've used caps and loads of exclamation marks.

You've certainly convinced me to see things the other way.

I'm sorry for ever suggesting the opposite opinion to your 'second season syndrome' cliche.

True. But it doesn't just happen, I don't believe the people at the club are intelligent enough to implement a long term strategy towards this.

You're right, they are too stupid to have a long term strategy, that is why they haven't invested in the academy, the facilities, sports science centres and built long term investment partners.

Oh wait, they have, they have also put in a structure at board level, done everything to keep the back room staff in place and brought in a DOF, for long term strategy purposes. Ok Terry Robinson didn't last long as DOF but having Rudkin overseeing things means that should the manager leave or get fired there will be a consistency of strategy.

I get it we all loved Nigel, and it sucks that their relationship broke down and he was sacked, but once that decision was made, they have acted correctly and in the best interests of the club and appointed the best manager we could have hoped for. The alternatives were Lennon, O'Neill, Cotterill, Preki!!!

Archived