Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Susan Whelan calls on fans to trust club's decision to replace Pearson

Don't forget Mandy was still involved and advising when Sven was appointed.

It has been publicly stated by Pearson that his issue was with Hoos and Mandaric. I've not seen him say Mandy was showing prospective owners around, but it was no secret he was looking to sell the club, that would be pretty minor anyway compared to Sousa being their guest at games. I do get fed up seeing bollocks like they sacked him when he quit and other baseless speculation and lies.

As for Pearson's sacking it was clear their relationship was breaking down when he was sacked, he must have known he was on a last warning if something happened in relation to Pearson junior then any outburst or insubordination is going to be grounds for dismissal. Especially at the ideal time to change a manager. If it was purely because of the fact his son was involved then it is a little harsh, but I find it more likely to be something Pearson said or did otherwise he would have been sacked earlier or the manager search would have been a lot more advanced.

I can't accept that it's ever the ideal time to change a manager when he's the most in-form manager in the division, especially not just days before pre-season begins and after you've allowed him to spend up to £8m or £9m on new players which the next manager won't necessarily want.

And he wasn't sacked for gross misconduct - we have to remember that. It was for a 'difference in perspective'. If this perspective had anything to do with the best direction forward for our football club then my first inclination would be to back Pearson. But either way, we have no reason to believed he 'did something' extraordinary, nor should any of the incidents we saw earlier in the season have led to him being on a 'last warning'. Until the decision is justified it's going to be hard for any of us to justify it.

As for how advanced the managerial search was, the board would have been very wary of appointing anyone too quickly. Ranieri's expression of interest appeared to end any suggestion that he'd previously been tapped up. And we all know the Hiddink story, of course. So that one's hard to say.

Finally, you said you've never seen where Pearson said that new owners were being shown around, so I've attached links to the October 2nd interview in which he states this, says he knew what was going on at the club and also says that, during the same period of time, Sousa was present at games. His accusations and implications could be wrong, but it's quite clear what he believes. Apologies to everyone who has already seen these links on another thread. You'll have to read through some rubbish about Mandaric and Sven in one of the links, before getting to the Pearson bit:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9055151.stm

http://www.independe...nd-2096847.html

I can't accept that it's ever the ideal time to change a manager when he's the most in-form manager in the division, especially not just days before pre-season begins and after you've allowed him to spend up to £8m or £9m on new players which the next manager won't necessarily want.

And he wasn't sacked for gross misconduct - we have to remember that. It was for a 'difference in perspective'. If this perspective had anything to do with the best direction forward for our football club then my first inclination would be to back Pearson. But either way, we have no reason to believed he 'did something' extraordinary, nor should any of the incidents we saw earlier in the season have led to him being on a 'last warning'. Until the decision is justified it's going to be hard for any of us to justify it.

As for how advanced the managerial search was, the board would have been very wary of appointing anyone too quickly. Ranieri's expression of interest appeared to end any suggestion that he'd previously been tapped up. And we all know the Hiddink story, of course. So that one's hard to say.

Finally, you said you've never seen where Pearson said that new owners were being shown around, so I've attached links to the October 2nd interview in which he states this, says he knew what was going on at the club and also says that, during the same period of time, Sousa was present at games. His accusations and implications could be wrong, but it's quite clear what he believes. Apologies to everyone who has already seen these links on another thread. You'll have to read through some rubbish about Mandaric and Sven in one of the links, before getting to the Pearson bit:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9055151.stm

http://www.independe...nd-2096847.html

I knew Sousa had been there at games, he was appointed by Mandy and sacked by him. Had missed the stuff about the owners.

Nobody knows the real reason, but the statement is guff we all know that. Something happened and nobody is saying what, the smart money seems to be on the sex tape as reported by the BBC and other news sources.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned & it's pure speculation on my part, but could Danny Simpson have something to do with it?

What Pearson Jnr got up to in Thailand was distasteful, but wasn't criminal (at least he wasn't charged with anything).  Simpson is a wife beater & convicted criminal.  One keeps his job, the other doesn't.

Doesn't seem very fair to me.  If I was in a similar position, I would find that difficult to accept & would no doubt throw my toys out.  Nigel seems a principled kind of guy & did he have another angry outburst?

These are the 2 statements that are hard to reconcile. On the one hand, the working relationship had broken down so a change was needed. On the other, a change was needed to pursue the owners' long-term objectives and vision. Figure that one out!

Maybe it's just a load of flannel designed to keep the waters muddied, or a load of poorly-expressed guff, Maybe, on the other hand, the working relationship broke down, at least in part, because of "fundamental differences in perspective" (first statement) over "the owners' long-term objectives and vision"? So, disagreements over football development strategy might be more central than some believe.  :dunno:

Of course, that might only be part of the story. Maybe their patience had been stretched by the media incidents, culminating in the Thai holiday fiasco....and then a dispute arose over wage structure, transfer policy, achievement targets or whatever.

The bit about legal issues sounds genuine to me. If there had been no legal issues pending and NP had been sacked without justification, surely he'd have made a few acerbic comments to the media, as he did in the wake of his 2010 departure: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9055151.stmInstead, he seems to have completely gone to ground. The alternative is that he was sacked with very good justification - not just differences of opinion, but downright abuse or insubordination - but then surely there'd be no legal issues and it would be in the board's interest to get the fans onside by making clear that NP had done something completely out of order?

As Thracian and others have rightly said, none of this is Ranieri's doing, so we need to give him a fair chance. He seems a likeable man, with a lot of experience and I hope he takes us forward. Now, though, I'm approaching this season "fingers crossed" that we get lucky with him and curious about how this massive gamble will work out....whereas I'd have been fired up with (controlled) optimism and fierce commitment if this managerial change hadn't happened. Hopefully, it'll work out well and we'll all be singing Ranieri's praises in a few weeks time, delighted at how he's building on Pearson's legacy and taking us further. Unfairly, though, he'll be in for a tough time if we're struggling.

My main hope now is that we don't see wholesale changes in the squad. Maybe 3-4 players (preferably including Cambiasso) to improve the 1st team squad, plus the odd talented youngster capable of making an impact in 1-2 years time. I hope Ranieri can motivate, work with and slowly improve the existing squad.  :/  :fc:

As Kitch says this is a good post, I wouldn't say it's unfair if he's struggling and gets a hard time though.

Most people will have patience regardless of which side of the NP debate they sit on I'd imagine, but he has the majority of a squad at his disposal (minus the obvious midfielder) that is capable of survival in this league and has some decent additions that have already come in, and more to come by the looks of it.

I still don't get where the idea that we fluked the last 10/11 games comes from?

You just don't fluke 7 wins in 9 games, especially with the football that we played. To get a team playing like that is pretty damn good and it really confuses me why some are so keen to write that off just because we also struggled for a significant chunk of the season.

We will never know how this season would have panned out under Pearson. However, it's safe to say, given how we played towards the end of last season (and the early signings we had made), that things were looking very promising. It's undoubtedly a risk to then get rid of the manager under these circumstances and replace him with someone who appears to have a very different managerial and tactical approach. Too much change at once could be so detrimental. Nevertheless, I am right behind Ranieri and have a gut feeling that he will do a very good job here. He certainly seems hungry enough and determined enough to prove his doubters wrong. He's saying the right things at the moment and I really do hope he sticks to his word and doesn't try to change too much. We were heading in a really good direction. He needs to harness that momentum and could even take us to a level Pearson couldn't. Although we will never truly know what our limit was under Pearson.

It'd be the same reason we 'fluked' a Champions League win if Pearson was in charge. He won.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned & it's pure speculation on my part, but could Danny Simpson have something to do with it?

What Pearson Jnr got up to in Thailand was distasteful, but wasn't criminal (at least he wasn't charged with anything). Simpson is a wife beater & convicted criminal. One keeps his job, the other doesn't.

Doesn't seem very fair to me. If I was in a similar position, I would find that difficult to accept & would no doubt throw my toys out. Nigel seems a principled kind of guy & did he have another angry outburst?

It was being discussed earlier in another thread. Simpson has appealed so might still be an innocent man, so it seems unlikely that the club would act before knowing the outcome of the appeal.

What Pearson Jnr got up to in Thailand was distasteful, but wasn't criminal (at least he wasn't charged with anything). Simpson is a wife beater & convicted criminal. One keeps his job, the other doesn't.

Doesn't seem very fair to me. If I was in a similar position, I would find that difficult to accept & would no doubt throw my toys out. Nigel seems a principled kind of guy & did he have another angry outburst?

I suspect it could be the root of the falling out and Pearson has had a barney about it.

Simpson is very likely to get off with it all now as the woman involved has changed her stance I believe.

I suspect it could be the root of the falling out and Pearson has had a barney about it.

Simpson is very likely to get off with it all now as the woman involved has changed her stance I believe.

A) We don't know Pearsons stance on Simpson so that argument is groundless.

B) If he's found not guilty surely he could sue for wrongful dismissal?

Dear Susan,

What are you currently doing that leads me to believe that I should trust the judgement of the board and senior management?

Yours,

Steven

A) We don't know Pearsons stance on Simpson so that argument is groundless.

B) If he's found not guilty surely he could sue for wrongful dismissal?

' I suspect'. Therefore I am speculating and I am not challenging the clubs stance in any way.

Seemingly people read opinions on here as pro club or anti club. There's no opportunity to be somewhere in between.

FYI, he's been found guilty.

' I suspect'. Therefore I am speculating and I am not challenging the clubs stance in any way.

Seemingly people read opinions on here as pro club or anti club. There's no opportunity to be somewhere in between.

FYI, he's been found guilty.

You have to base suspicions on something or you could accuse people of anything.

I thought he was appealing?

Also, Simpson wasn't on an official club trip when he committed his offence

True. It was a criminal offence committed in private. Still reflects badly on him as a professional footballer and, to a lesser extent, on the club.

True. It was a criminal offence committed in private. Still reflects badly on him as a professional footballer and, to a lesser extent, on the club.

I think he is an utter **** and I would rather be rid, but its not always that straight forward! There is no way that Smith, Hopper and Pearson would have gone had they made that video on a lads hol in Magaluf.

I'm only going on newspaper reports but wasn't it claimed Police caught Simpson "straddling" her with "both hands round her neck"?

(Quotes from a newspaper).

IF that's true I think it's pretty fair to say he's guilty.

Besides I seem to remember when the news broke people saying he should be sacked, now it's been to a trail and he's been found guilty (albeit he's appealing) people are now giving reasons to stick up for him.

I'm only going on newspaper reports but wasn't it claimed Police caught Simpson "straddling" her with "both hands round her neck"?

Besides I seem to remember when the news broke people saying he should be sacked, now it's been to a trail and he's been found guilty (albeit he's appealing) people are now giving reasons to stick up for him.

Yeah it's true. Makes me sick that he has the balls to appeal something like that...

When has anyone stuck up for him? People are just talking about why he hasn't been sacked yet not saying he doesn't deserve to be sacked.

What Pearson Jnr got up to in Thailand was distasteful, but wasn't criminal (at least he wasn't charged with anything).  Simpson is a wife beater & convicted criminal.  One keeps his job, the other doesn't.

Doesn't seem very fair to me.  If I was in a similar position, I would find that difficult to accept & would no doubt throw my toys out.  Nigel seems a principled kind of guy & did he have another angry outburst?

Bizarre as it seems prostitution and the use of is illegal in Thailand, assuming they weren't chatted up and enjoy being abused.

Pretty crap even without representing the club and guests of the owners

Can people stop posting smutty, course, suggestive or other personal comments re Susan Whelan or any other employee of LCFC.

We've been asked by the club before to remove them surely you realise by now that they monitor this forum.

Thanks

He did say he was going to appeal. It's right that the club should stick by him while he does so.

I think I see him in the pre-season pics, which means he's integrated back into the 1st team squad, a travesty considering his guilt. It could be argued that they may be waiting for the appeal, but considering the relax of their stance post-guilt it seems the matter may be over with

Also, Simpson wasn't on an official club trip when he committed his offence

A great big so what, considering the act in question and media coverage

You have to base suspicions on something or you could accuse people of anything.

I thought he was appealing?

And? Anyone could appeal anything, doesn't lesson his guilt in the face of being found guilt after proceedings & also the overwhelming evidence

I think I see him in the pre-season pics, which means he's integrated back into the 1st team squad, a travesty considering his guilt. It could be argued that they may be waiting for the appeal, but considering the relax of their stance post-guilt it seems the matter may be over with

A great big so what, considering the act in question and media coverage

And? Anyone could appeal anything, doesn't lesson his guilt in the face of being found guilt after proceedings & also the overwhelming evidence

You still have to follow employment law, you cant just dismiss people cus you don't like them. They could pay him off, but that's different isn't it.

Archived