Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Susan Whelan calls on fans to trust club's decision to replace Pearson

Grrrrr what I'd do to Vicky Vixen if I got my hands on her grrrrr... I'd let her in my chicken coop any day of the week.

Whatever happened to her and cousin Dennis? Both went missing right around when Martin Allen took the squad hunting...

I think I see him in the pre-season pics, which means he's integrated back into the 1st team squad, a travesty considering his guilt. It could be argued that they may be waiting for the appeal, but considering the relax of their stance post-guilt it seems the matter may be over with

A great big so what, considering the act in question and media coverage

And? Anyone could appeal anything, doesn't lesson his guilt in the face of being found guilt after proceedings & also the overwhelming evidence

I think it's a case of 'bringing the company into disrepute' (which I hadn't previously considered).  What happened in Thailand happened as representatives of the club.  Whatever Simpson did was in his own time.  Bringing the company into disrepute can be considered gross misconduct & therefore a sackable offence.  Simpson may be guilty of many things but he was not representing the company.

Although I can't be sure, in cases of domestic abuse, I thought once the police were involved it was taken out of the hands of the abused person?  The fact that she has changed her mind (as can often be the case under pressure from the abuser) becomes irrelevant.

Dear Susan,

What are you currently doing that leads me to believe that I should trust the judgement of the board and senior management?

Yours,

Steven

Could not have put it better myself.

Shocker, football fans make smutty comments regarding female employee... must be difficult for some of you lot that there's a woman in a powerful position at YOUR football club.

Honestly don't know what has happened to this forum recently, the fact that this, and the Pearson thread is still/is even open is bad enough.

Yes freedom of speech bla bla, but lets be honest, some of you have picked a target and gone to town on her. 

I doubt a male chief exec or indeed any one of our male owners would get this much flack.

Welcome to the 60's...

What is the potential consequence. Nothing libelous has been posted has there?

I think it's case of respecting people's wishes as I said they've asked for previous similar types of postings to be removed now you may not trust her or LCFC but there's no reason to ignore a valid request.

The thing is why would the owners be desperate to keep Simpson? He's our 3rd choice RB with virtually no resale value. I'm sure if they could release him from his contract without paying him up I'm sure they'd be delighted.

No business would sack somebody, with this much money involved without taking legal advice.

Guest MattP

Shocker, football fans make smutty comments regarding female employee... must be difficult for some of you lot that there's a woman in a powerful position at YOUR football club.

Honestly don't know what has happened to this forum recently, the fact that this, and the Pearson thread is still/is even open is bad enough.

Yes freedom of speech bla bla, but lets be honest, some of you have picked a target and gone to town on her. 

I doubt a male chief exec or indeed any one of our male owners would get this much flack.

Welcome to the 60's...

Do you not remember Barrie Pierpoint?

As for Simpson, I'm not surprised the club are waiting until the outcome of the appeal to decide on what action to take but it's extremely strange we are now considering him for first team football again after a guilty verdict when we decided not to before one.

The decision making inside the club continues to baffle.

The thing is why would the owners be desperate to keep Simpson? He's our 3rd choice RB with virtually no resale value. I'm sure if they could release him from his contract without paying him up I'm sure they'd be delighted.

No business would sack somebody, with this much money involved without taking legal advice.

It could be that they are waiting for Ranieri to cast his eye over him before deciding what to do, or they will try and sell him in the window, but if he is still here then they can pay off his contract and release him as a free agent.

There is possibly not much sense in paying a lot of money to get rid of a saleable asset.

Or they have listened to his case and what he has to say and believe his side of the story and want to support him through it. I really don't know but a statement would be nice as the last one said he would be suspended pending the outcome of his sentencing unless I have missed one.

It could be that they are waiting for Ranieri to cast his eye over him before deciding what to do, or they will try and sell him in the window, but if he is still here then they can pay off his contract and release him as a free agent.

There is possibly not much sense in paying a lot of money to get rid of a saleable asset.

Or they have listened to his case and what he has to say and believe his side of the story and want to support him through it. I really don't know but a statement would be nice as the last one said he would be suspended pending the outcome of his sentencing unless I have missed one.

But if they sack him they won't have to pay.

There's a theory that seems to have evolved into fact for some  that Pearson was sacked because he was mad that Simpson hadn't been sacked. I was just pointing out there was no reason why the owners would block Simpson's dismissal. 

There's a theory that seems to have evolved into fact for some that Pearson was sacked because he was mad that Simpson hadn't been sacked. I was just pointing out there was no reason why the owners would block Simpson's dismissal.

We might get sued for unfair dismissal if we sack him, not sure where his crime fits on the sackable offences scale. We sacked Wise for breaking Callum Davidson's jaw and he sued us.

Again a statement from the club would be nice, but I guess they can't say we want to sack the cvnt but can't so we're stuck with him.

There's a theory that seems to have evolved into fact for some  that Pearson was sacked because he was mad that Simpson hadn't been sacked. I was just pointing out there was no reason why the owners would block Simpson's dismissal. 

I don't believe the Pearson/Simpson theory to be fact. It's total guesswork on my part.

I couldn't care less that there has been no statements or any decent news from the club regarding Pearson's sacking.  There's a thousand reasons for him being sacked & I don't believe they did it on a whim.  They supported him when a lot of other clubs wouldn't have, so I don't see anything suspicious in his sacking.  It would be a fool who didn't think he brought a lot of this on himself........the same as those in Thailand & quite possibly Simpson (pending his appeal).

I trust that the board have acted in the interests of the club.  Why wouldn't they?  I thought Pearson was great, it's sad that he's gone, but I fully support Ranieri. 

It's frustrating that the club play their cards very close to their chest (& are required to re: Pearson's sacking), but I also appreciate that they're not doing it to annoy us.  I admire their professionalism.

Last of the happy clappers me :scarf:

We might get sued for unfair dismissal if we sack him, not sure where his crime fits on the sackable offences scale. We sacked Wise for breaking Callum Davidson's jaw and he sued us.

Again a statement from the club would be nice, but I guess they can't say we want to sack the cvnt but can't so we're stuck with him.

I thought wise was a case of double jeopardy - we fined and then sacked him?

I don't believe the Pearson/Simpson theory to be fact. It's total guesswork on my part.

I couldn't care less that there has been no statements or any decent news from the club regarding Pearson's sacking. There's a thousand reasons for him being sacked & I don't believe they did it on a whim. They supported him when a lot of other clubs wouldn't have, so I don't see anything suspicious in his sacking. It would be a fool who didn't think he brought a lot of this on himself........the same as those in Thailand & quite possibly Simpson (pending his appeal).

I trust that the board have acted in the interests of the club. Why wouldn't they? I thought Pearson was great, it's sad that he's gone, but I fully support Ranieri.

It's frustrating that the club play their cards very close to their chest (& are required to re: Pearson's sacking), but I also appreciate that they're not doing it to annoy us. I admire their professionalism.

:clap: I'm with you :clap:

I couldn't care less that there has been no statements or any decent news from the club regarding Pearson's sacking.  There's a thousand reasons for him being sacked & I don't believe they did it on a whim.  They supported him when a lot of other clubs wouldn't have, so I don't see anything suspicious in his sacking.  It would be a fool who didn't think he brought a lot of this on himself........the same as those in Thailand & quite possibly Simpson (pending his appeal).

I trust that the board have acted in the interests of the club.  Why wouldn't they?  I thought Pearson was great, it's sad that he's gone, but I fully support Ranieri. 

It's frustrating that the club play their cards very close to their chest (& are required to re: Pearson's sacking), but I also appreciate that they're not doing it to annoy us.  I admire their professionalism.

I wasn't specifically talking about you. There have been others who are talking about this as if it was fact. 

I totally agree with the rest of your thread too.

I think I see him in the pre-season pics, which means he's integrated back into the 1st team squad, a travesty considering his guilt. It could be argued that they may be waiting for the appeal, but considering the relax of their stance post-guilt it seems the matter may be over with

A great big so what, considering the act in question and media coverage

And? Anyone could appeal anything, doesn't lesson his guilt in the face of being found guilt after proceedings & also the overwhelming evidence

I don't think anyone can appeal anything, there has to be new evidence or something.

He could still be found not guilty, so the club would be wrong to sack him now. I think/hope they'll sack him if/when his appeal is rejected.

Which also doesn't go in line with this that the club put out when the news on the situation broke;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32849158

Can people stop posting smutty, course, suggestive or other personal comments re Susan Whelan or any other employee of LCFC.

We've been asked by the club before to remove them surely you realise by now that they monitor this forum.

Thanks

I call on Suze to trust Foxestalk to be a smutty free place concerning her.

*Can't guarantee it but there you go, I trust her about as much as she can trust me.

Welcome to the 60's...

Oh, dear.

Is it that time of the month again?

I don't normally tell people were i sit on this site. But I will be having words with Susan next season. Not happy how things have panned out. I want answers.

I often sit next to some clueless knobhead, I'm sure he'll tell me exactly what's wrong and how he'd fix it.

Archived