Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Susan Whelan calls on fans to trust club's decision to replace Pearson

Susan Whelan didn't sack anyone

Well she was there to speak for the owners today. She was the only person to ask/point the finger at on the situation. Where we're the owners hiding by the way?

They (Top) were present and spoke at Sven's Press Conference;

_49349038_010327010-1.jpg

Leicester owner, Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn, said: "We are delighted to welcome Sven to Leicester City Football Club. This is a great day for everyone associated with the club and we are very proud to have Sven as our new manager.

And may I add he was appointed whilst the club were on a visit to Thailand, he had his press conference to announce his appointment on the Sunday and flew out to join the squad.

They (Top) were present and spoke at Nige's Press Conference;

_56736509_lcfc.jpg

Leicester City vice-chairman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn told the club website:  "We are very pleased to have secured the services of Nigel, Craig and Steve and we are sure that they are the men to lead this club forward.

To busy today I guess? :dunno:

481406040-manager-claudio-ranieri-of-lei

I wasn't expecting to find out any more about Nigel's departure (I don't think we ever will) but I did expect something a bit more substantial when it came to explaining why Ranieri was appointed. They seemed to say a lot without really saying anything meaningful at all.

The whole thing just felt unconvincing. I wish Ranieri well (obviously) but it just wreaked of the club trying to make the best of a bad job. If Claudio was their top target (was he ****) then there didn't seem to be any genuine joy that they'd got their man.

It's pretty clear that the top brass are crossing their fingers and hoping that this will work out.

"We are very proud to have him. He succeeds Nigel Pearson as manager.

"Everyone at the club appreciates the success that Nigel achieved when he was here.

"The club is in a better place with the contribution Nigel has made to the club in the past.

"However, in the pursuit of the long-term objectives and vision the owners have for this club, a change was necessary.

"I am very confident that in Claudio we have recruited a manager who has the knowledge, the passion and the determination to ensure the continued growth, development and success for this club, and to fulfil the vision of the owners, and everything that is in the hearts and dreams of the fans."

This bit, to me at least, suggests this whole thing has been a footballing decision on the part of the owners.

Maybe Pearson said 'top 10' is the target. And the owners turned around and said 'we want Europe. Nothing less.' Nige said it couldn't be done. They sacked him. Ranieri said it could be done. They hired him.

Pure guesswork of course!

Guest MattP

How strange for a man who was the number one target anyway to issue a public "come and get me" plea.

:ph34r:

We could speed this whole thread along if people just wrote precisely what they'd have liked the club to have said about both Pearson and Ranieri.

I fear even if Whealan had explained, blow for blow, the rational behind the decision to relieve Nigel of his duties some people wouldn't be satisfied because quite frankly they will never accept that he should have been sacked.

Why nowadays do we need to know every little thing about our club?

Some things just ain't gonna come out.

Is it really that important in the grand scale?

Why nowadays do we need to know every little thing about our club?

Some things just ain't gonna come out.

Is it really that important in the grand scale?

Darker side of the social media generation init

Thought it went as well as it could and was managed professionally and feel positive. Since their arrival how can anyone say the club hasn't moved forward, yes there has been hick ups and who has it cost?Look at pretty much ever team in the Premiership and they have had problems,in fact I cannot think of a Premiership team that hasn't had issues in the last 5 years. The Sousa and SGE experiments went wrong and cost the owners obscene amounts of money and they rectified it out of their own pockets. We have to get over the change of managers and get on with it, for reasons we still don't know Pearson has gone and Ranieri has come in so lets get behind him.

We have already brought in positive additions to the squad and look to bring in more onwards and upwards and if not the roller coaster continues welcome to Leicester City.

This bit, to me at least, suggests this whole thing has been a footballing decision on the part of the owners.

Maybe Pearson said 'top 10' is the target. And the owners turned around and said 'we want Europe. Nothing less.' Nige said it couldn't be done. They sacked him. Ranieri said it could be done. They hired him.

Be surprised if that's true. What's stopping me going and saying I'll get them top four this season?

I preferred the old days, when if there was a big decision to be made, a club executive - usually the chairman - would come round your house to explain the issues they were facing, and what they were thinking of doing in response, and ask what you thought. I didn't always agree with them, but they were very persuasive, and although they'd sometimes not leave until the early hours - even stay over in the guest bed on some occasions, they would always bring you round to their way of thinking. They'd even help out with the kids, do the washing up and that so it was obvious that they had your best interests at heart. And to think, they had to do that with every single fan AND confirm it in writing.

It's not like that at all now

How strange for a man who was the number one target anyway to issue a public "come and get me" plea.

:ph34r:

Thats twisting it a little. She said that it became apparent he was their no1 target during an extensive process.

To be fair i'm not sure what people were expecting from this. We know that no detail on Pearsons departure would be disclosed and some people saying they wanted more detail about the recruitment process, why? Why would you want to know that? Just for the sake of having more detail? Did anyone really think with Ranieri sitting there, Whelan would reel off a list of people they spoke to before Ranieri?

It was pretty standard stuff from her. The interesting stuff came from Ranieri. Pretty much all he had to say was spot on.

A few points:

1. Of course they were not going to say anything of substance, they can't there are non disclosure agreements in most dismissals. The only thing you could read into Whelan's statement is that they don't want to go into it to protect Pearson's legacy. Since they have taken over they have refused to do our business through the press. They have sacked without endless speculation and tapping up other managers and that may have been a mistake and caused an extensive managerial recruitment process but I think it is the right way to conduct themselves and better than a lot of clubs owners and charimen.

2. Trust them, of course we should trust them, apart from appointing Sven (which was done under the guidance of Mandaric) and trusting him financially they haven't put a foot wrong. They have developed all aspects of the club, from the A grade academy and the world class training pitches to building a sports science centre that is reputed as one of the best in the country whilst also developing additional revenue streams and building the brand. They have financially backed all these schemes. On the pitch they have supported Pearson (and Sven) and backed him despite a poor start, a terrible run at the end of his second season, a run of form that nearly got us relegated last season and a number of public and high profile PR disasters. We don't and never will know the full details of his sackings, but I trust them when they say they couldn't work with him any more.

3. Ranieri was first choice, this doesn't mean he was the first person approached, it doesn't mean he was their top target when they drew up the first list, he might not even have been on the list to start with, it means after speaking to him and all other candidates he was the most impressive and the one that wanted to work in the way the club wanted, with the back room staff and set up they already had. The may have spoken to Lennon, O'Neill, Allardyce even Hiddink and Klopp and realised they were not right to take the club forward in the way they want. This may mean Ranieri is a bit of a yes man, but fvck it if he is successful and brings stability then I don't care.

4. As for Ranieri, lets not write him off before he has even managed a competitive game, that means don't jump on his back if the friendlies don't go too well, and don't spend the rest of the summer looking for reasons to undermine him and comparing him to Sven. If he is shit when the season starts then I expect a lot of criticism, but at least give him until after the first game of the season.

Might not be completely true but I do get the feeling the owners want a serious impact in the next two or three years. Ranieri will get a season to bed in but beyond that I think he's under pressure to deliver bigger things.

Might not be completely true but I do get the feeling the owners want a serious impact in the next two or three years. Ranieri will get a season to bed in but beyond that I think he's under pressure to deliver bigger things.

To be honest I think they would be happy with a few seasons of steady results and no PR disasters.

To be honest I think they would be happy with a few seasons of steady results and no PR disasters.

I think Champions League is more realistic

Personally I'm impressed how closely the club has played its cards to its chest.

Just about nothing seems to have gotten out regarding the circumstances of Pearson's sacking. And quite rightly.

Who knows, it could be that Pearson is going for unfair dismissal. There may have been a clause to not divulge anything to the press etc and let's face it, we've heard nothing from Pearson. He seems to have vanished.

I reckon the club has been highly professional in its dealings and that shouldn't be compromised just because certain fans feel the deserve an explanation.

All will be revealed..In good time.

This, all day

Archived