Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Again, it might be a player that we've hardly been linked with. In isolation, it means nothing. But along with the numerous other threads that litter this forum that have gone the same way leads to an incredible amount of frustration. 

I can't wait to be proven wrong, but I'm starting to get concerned about our recruitment post-NP. Deals done early and quickly while he was here, now it seems as though we've hit a brick wall. 

Again, it might be a player that we've hardly been linked with. In isolation, it means nothing. But along with the numerous other threads that litter this forum that have gone the same way leads to an incredible amount of frustration. 

I can't wait to be proven wrong, but I'm starting to get concerned about our recruitment post-NP. Deals done early and quickly while he was here, now it seems as though we've hit a brick wall. 

Agree with what you're saying but don't forget that we had very similar frustrations this time last year - the blame was very much being laid at NP's door (and subsequently the DoF) for the lack of recruitment once the season started. In the midst of our dire run many were attributing it to the lack of deals done in the summer and NP's naivety in trusting the championship squad to keep us up.

We need to do something out of the ordinary.

If we pay £10m we should offer a player like Aranguiz a minimum transfer fee of £15m that kicks in after 12 months.

Maybe with a loyalty bonus that kicks in on 1st Sep 2016.

Aranaguiz is 26 and a top class player, I'm sure he doesn't want to spend his late 20's for a side finishing mid table.

Get a marquee signing like him and a Kante or a Mendy, etc are more likely to follow.

This one was slightly unrealistic.

If Veretout, Kante & Mendy all go to other Premier League clubs then we have a right to feel pissed.

It's annoying that Villa are signing their €10m French players at will, they even had one who threatened to go on strike if he couldn't join.

We appear to be instantly dismissed every time we try and sign someone. 

This transfer policy is so wrong. If they don't wanna sign for LCFC don't force them to. What is better- an unhappy top quality player? Or a happy avg quality player?

We aren't forcing anyone, if they don't want to come they won't.

It's annoying that Villa are signing their €10m French players at will, they even had one who threatened to go on strike if he couldn't join.

We appear to be instantly dismissed every time we try and sign someone. 

Perhaps the bad/vile PR we received in the summer has something to do with it?

It cant be because they want to live in Birmingham over Leicester!  Its a shithole on a larger scale.  Leicester need to establish themselves further! Last season we were one of 3 new teams! Now we're one of six! We need to get another mid table finish and show we mean business by capturing another name of Cambiasso's level!

I think we're just going to have to offer someone a huge signing on fee to join. We're not going to compete for any of these players in terms of attraction when other European clubs have Champions League football.

The hierarchy at Leicester need to think outside the box or set their sights lower. I applaud the club for their ambition and it's exciting to be linked with this quality of player but it's just not happening. Throw some money at 2*CM's and a CB and make three marquee signings and hopefully finish top ten  and automatically become a more attractive club.

You just have to look to see who Stoke are linked with to see that even they are out of our league when it comes to transfer targets.

Our current transfer policy just isn't working.

It cant be because they want to live in Birmingham over Leicester!  Its a shithole on a larger scale.  Leicester need to establish themselves further! Last season we were one of 3 new teams! Now we're one of six! We need to get another mid table finish and show we mean business by capturing another name of Cambiasso's level!

I'm a Leicester lad and have been living in Birmingham for 17 years and the nightlife, bars, restaurants etc are way better than Leicester. Are you not aware it's England's 2nd City?

I think we're just going to have to offer someone a huge signing on fee to join. We're not going to compete for any of these players in terms of attraction when other European clubs have Champions League football.

The hierarchy at Leicester need to think outside the box or set their sights lower. I applaud the club for their ambition and it's exciting to be linked with this quality of player but it's just not happening. Throw some money at 2*CM's and a CB and make three marquee signings and hopefully finish top ten  and automatically become a more attractive club.

You just have to look to see who Stoke are linked with to see that even they are out of our league when it comes to transfer targets.

How do we know the policy isn't working? This forum is obsessed with media rumours, many of which are total bullsh!t. The only people we know for a fact we have been after are Fuchs, Huth, Okazaki and Cambiasso (officially) and Kante/Mendy through other channels. The club says nothing about who it is after, very sensible from their perspective, but frustrating for us. In reality we have no idea who we are after most of the time, usually it's just the rumours that agents deliberately leak that seem to get to us (often looking for new deals for their players or to speed up a transfer elsewhere), along with old-fashioned made up stories from bored journos. Hard to say we know very much about our transfer policy to be honest, all we know is that most of the rumours have turned out to be exactly that, but when we do sign players they tend to be well researched and successful at the club. Of the players we know for sure that we were after this summer, we have signed exactly half of them, which is decent given that we were bottom of the league for most of last year and were without a manager for two weeks of the window. But there will be many we will never know about unless they do sign, and its almost certain some will be negotiating with us right now without our knowledge.

Fuchs is a national team captain and was starting (and scoring) in the final rounds of the champions league just a few months ago, his name wasn't mentioned until a few hours before the club officially confirmed it. He is an established international quality player, as is Okazaki, and they are both here; proof we can attract the right type of player to improve our squad. Media links are usually nothing more than idle speculation. Given their track record I trust our scouting team to have identified multiple players of the quality required well in advance, and be negotiating with a number of them right now without media knowledge - as is often our style. Saying all of that, if we don't complete deals for at least one midfield target in the next week, it would be concerning. We need to get points out of a very favourable start to the season. Gievn how rarely we give out information, Ranieri wouldn't have openly stated we were signing 2-3 players and a replacement for Cambiasso before the start of the season if he didn't think we would do so, I expect to see some confirmations in the coming days.

Do you not think the Agents of the players Stoke , Villa etc have not also been in touch with us about the same players ? Some of the transfer fees and wages being asked for are unreal but its just a big game of poker really. We know who we want and how much we are willing to pay and eventually it is hoped the other club / players demands will fall in line with our best offer. If it doesn't then we walk away and go down to the next in line. This all takes time and there is a chance we will be out bid at the last minute but that's the risk we are taking. One thing for sure is JR etc will not be held to ransom by a load of greedy Agents / players which is fine in theory but doesn't get you some of the top players

Do you not think the Agents of the players Stoke , Villa etc have not also been in touch with us about the same players ? Some of the transfer fees and wages being asked for are unreal but its just a big game of poker really. We know who we want and how much we are willing to pay and eventually it is hoped the other club / players demands will fall in line with our best offer. If it doesn't then we walk away and go down to the next in line. This all takes time and there is a chance we will be out bid at the last minute but that's the risk we are taking. One thing for sure is JR etc will not be held to ransom by a load of greedy Agents / players which is fine in theory but doesn't get you some of the top players

Thing is I get the feeling we've regularly had out pants pulled down over transfers and wages. Look at what we were spending wage wise in the championship, after after we all thought we'd cut back wages remained high. So the new people coming in must have been on way more than their market value was.

Thing is I get the feeling we've regularly had out pants pulled down over transfers and wages. Look at what we were spending wage wise in the championship, after after we all thought we'd cut back wages remained high. So the new people coming in must have been on way more than their market value was.

We've had our pants pulled down regularly by the likes of Beckford, Gallagher, Mills, etc. They were on far too much money for their ability.

We're now trying to get players in that are wanted by Champions League clubs in France, Germany, Spain and Italy. We're just not going to get them unless we can offer a much superior financial package.

The better we get the less players in the world there are to improve us and the competition for them becomes much fiercer. It's been the same old story this summer that we're linked with players and we're the least attractive suitor of all the clubs after that particular player. 

I like to think I understand club finances and optimal squad sizes and quality more than most. There are people who think Rickie Lambert would be a good addition at £4m and our 6th striker and can't see that it just doesn't make sense.

It's imperative we don't get relegated again as you only have to look at the sort of player we're linked with to a club like Forest or Derby. If we have an obvious weak link in our side and that does look like our central midfield we need to buy players who are comfortable top ten material.

It's becoming obvious now we can't get these players so we need a change of tactics. Either we offer them a lot of money and maybe easy exit options if they excel like low minimum fee release clauses or set our sights lower.

We could also target and gamble on some early 20's South American players who are highly rated but not quite got their move to a big European club yet. Either way our current strategy doesn't appear to be working.

"..... we need to but players who are comfortable top ten material."

Seems a bit excessive!

Not at all, we finished 14th last season.

If we are going to progress we're going to have to sign players who are better than low mid table PL standard.

Archived